• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2012 - Week 14 vs Baltimore Ravens

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date

Blognostications

Blognosticator - Jimbo

BREEDING

I’m here to talk to you today about breeding. No, not THAT kind...

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say Jimbo that you've moved me from "very cautiously optimistic" to "potentially willing to consider speaking favorably about the Redskins to non-fans before the game".

That's a massive gap to have bridged.

Plus we now have our tag line for this season: MORE BREEDING! Indeed. :)

For the record, the last time we completed a 'divisional trifecta' was 2005, the year we closed out the season with five straight wins on our way to a 10-6 record and a playoff spot. And while the St. Louis Cardinals weren't in our division, we DID beat the St. Louis Rams AND the Arizona Cardinals during that streak. How weird is that? :D

Well done, Jimbo! We have a saying in my industry that better sells better. I think winning begats winning works well too.

Thank you Jimbo.

I thought today I was finally getting over the giants win and starting to get back to concentrating and actually working.

After reading that I can't stop thinking about the Ravens game.

I'm going to be fired if the redskins keep winning, due to lack of productivity...

Fantastic job Jimbo! I really enjoyed reading a piece that not only gets my heart beating a lil faster, but makes me smile too!

Jimbo, a stellar job, my man! I agree, "runs" happen and the Redskins are on one.

At 6-6, the Redskins are entering new territory this season. One where more people are going to expect them to win games. Pulling off three straight in the division (which includes the defending champs no less) will do that to a team. Beating the Giants at home on national television in arguably a make or break game opened a lot of eyes around the nation.

There have been very few instances where people were riding this high on the Redskins this season other than arguably the victory in New Orleans. The following week where the Redskins were the hands down favourite going into St. Louis, they dropped the ball and snatched a loss from the jaws of victory.

People officially believe now in the magic Robert is stirring up in D.C.

How do we respond to the weight of expectations?

Personally, I don't think the team has gained enough experience and exposure in this department to confidently say that we can beat a much more experienced and seasoned team in the Ravens.

Couple that with the fact that nobody should really have any trust in this defense, and I think the Redskins experience some growing pains on Sunday...painful, but worthwhile I think when looking at the overall big picture of where this franchise can potentially head.

Great write up Jumbo, and I agree with your outcome just not the score. I think this game is a bit higher scoring with a 34-31 skins victory. The ravens defense is running on fumes and our defense just doesn't hold firm. Of course if we grind it out like the 2nd half of the giants game we could be looking at another low scoring affair.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Great write up!
I think this might be a first for me but I truly believe the offense will be opening a can of whip ass on the Ravens D. How the Defense holds up? I have no idea but RG3 and Co. will be having their way with Baltimore:ladysman:

Thanks guys! Before the Dallas game, this Blognostication looked WAY different. After the Giants game, I scrapped what I had and started fresh. I had watched the Ravens get mauled in Houston and also saw them get lucky in San Diego.

Although I'm still a little leery of this game, it's mainly because Baltimore has a tough closing schedule with us, Denver, the Giants and Bengals and they need a victory or two to lock up the division over the Steelers with Worthlessburger coming back soon.

There's talk of Lewis and Suggs BOTH playing this Sunday although, if I were Harbaugh, I'd sit both to make sure they're healthy enough to start at home the following week at home against Peyton Manning and the Broncos.

I remember Harbaugh pulling a fast one and running a fake punt on us in preseason a few years ago so that wouldn't surprise me in the least this week.

This one could actually come down to who has the ball last.....or maybe even first in OT, that's how close I think it could be. But like I said, playing at home is HUGE and I think the fans keep that playoff atmosphere rolling along and that allows us to pull it out in the end.

Of course, I wouldn't mind doing what Houston did to them either. ;)

I hope the redskins fans turn out. It's too easy for ravens fans to be there if our own fans don't bother to buy the tickets first.

I hope the redskins fans turn out. It's too easy for ravens fans to be there if our own fans don't bother to buy the tickets first.

After the Monday Night game, I just don't see that happening. Everyone is hopping on the Skins/RG3 bandwagon and Skins fans are going to want to be there to see this.

You can't stop a few obnoxious Ravens fans but they'll get drowned out when Haloti Ngata trips over his size 16 shoes and size 80 belly trying to get to RG3, while Griff runs around and hits Moss with a TD pass. :D

any further word on Suggs? I was surprised to hear him claiming he would play with a torn Bicep.
Been working in Baltimore the last few days so I have been listening to sports talk radio up there and he did practice yesterday. they are calling it game time decision...

Loved it! You've got me cautiously optimistic as well!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

This still feels like a "gotcha" game to me. Thinking that Flacco will have a huge day with another DB lost to dumbness. Gonna say Ravens 38, Redskins 24.

Wouldn't a gotcha game involve an overwhelming favorite and and underdog? I think the Skins turned the corner last week and have proven they can win when the pressure is on. Last weeks game is the kind the Skins would lose over and over.
No guarantee wins, the defense is not very good and will most likely derail this win streak at some point. It won't be this week though. The Ravens have not defended the run well all year and their Defense is even more banged up than the Skins. Flacco is having an average year and struggles on the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.