• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2012 - Week 11 vs Philidelphia Eagles

Without Vick and 3 starters on the OL, that may be enough of a hand tied behind the back for the Redskins defense to be competitive.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Very well done, Ryman, a good analysis. I agree on most of your points. As shockingly dysfunctional as the Eagles seem to be right now it would seem an opportune moment for the Redskins to redeem themselves by a reversal of their recent slide into dismaying incompetence (CATCH the damn ball, fools!). I'll be watching for signs of that happening.

You may even see a pass rush.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I find your analysis to be pretty strong, but some of your spellings to be offencive. :)

Oh, I find the British English spellings kind of charming, actually-especially the "our" ending on words such as "endeavour, favour, colour...etc". And "theatre" is nicer looking than "theater" it has a bit more elegance and gravitas and the use of "c" instead of "s" is just cute in my opinion.

Besides it's the English Ryman grew up with in Canada and is nothing for us to comment upon in any case, IMO. :)

If he's smart Reid will realize he has a rookie QB and hand the ball off to McCoy a lot more. Let's hope he's not smart because McCoy is dangerous and could gouge us.

If he's smart Reid will realize he has a rookie QB and hand the ball off to McCoy a lot more. Let's hope he's not smart because McCoy is dangerous and could gouge us.

Meh. Our run D actually seems (somewhat) competent. Or at least not painful. If our D can't be schemed to knock Foles around and get to him, Hazlett doesn't belong on the plane ride back home.

Meh. Our run D actually seems (somewhat) competent. Or at least not painful. If our D can't be schemed to knock Foles around and get to him, Hazlett doesn't belong on the plane ride back home.

For most of the season the run defense has looked pretty good. In the last couple of games they've dropped off. While still ranked 8th in the NFL in rush defense allowing an average of 96.2 yds/game, they've given up 140 and 129 yards in the last two games respectively. This is the reason for my concern, especially with someone as talented as McCoy on deck.

I'm not sure Haslett belongs on the plane ride back regardless. (Oh, and BTW, he spells his name with an 's' not a 'z')

For most of the season the run defense has looked pretty good. In the last couple of games they've dropped off. While still ranked 8th in the NFL in rush defense allowing an average of 96.2 yds/game, they've given up 140 and 129 yards in the last two games respectively. This is the reason for my concern, especially with someone as talented as McCoy on deck.

I'm not sure Haslett belongs on the plane ride back regardless. (Oh, and BTW, he spells his name with an 's' not a 'z')

Fortunately, Reid is allergic to running the ball, which is what he should have been doing all season to help protect Vick. I am more concerned with the screen pass than the running. McCoy on the edge is a terrifying thought, and it seems like we get burned a couple of times a game against the Eaglez. :devilish:

Last edited:
Last year, week 6, Mccoy ran the ball 28 times against us for 126 yds and a td. I expect something similar this week. Eagles had 192? yds rushing against us that game.

Haslett will have a plan to stop the short game based on Foles' game from last week. He will fail, McCoy will run all over us and Foles will throw bombs all over our secondary. I have a feeling this is going to be a sad day for Skins fans.

Also, the Eagles have shuffled their line around which will absolutely throw Haslett for a loop. Haslett will say to himself 'I've never seen a team shuffle a line like this, what in the world do I do? I am sooooo confused. I am just going to rush three and see if he can beat us.'

Last year, week 6, Mccoy ran the ball 28 times against us for 126 yds and a td. I expect something similar this week. Eagles had 192? yds rushing against us that game.

Haslett will have a plan to stop the short game based on Foles' game from last week. He will fail, McCoy will run all over us and Foles will throw bombs all over our secondary. I have a feeling this is going to be a sad day for Skins fans.

Also, the Eagles have shuffled their line around which will absolutely throw Haslett for a loop. Haslett will say to himself 'I've never seen a team shuffle a line like this, what in the world do I do? I am sooooo confused. I am just going to rush three and see if he can beat us.'

I may scream if this happens. I am seriously worried about my mental health during this game. I do not remember what game it was, but during the Norval era one time, I got so mad I threw a sharpie against the wall. We had a lovely red stain on the wall that cost us our security deposit when we moved out. Not great.

If Haz can't find ways to get pressure on a rookie QB behind one of the worst OLines in the league, I may cry.

Unfortunately, I think Haslett waits for Foles to make a mistake instead of forcing him to make one.

The interceptions we have had have been lucky so far. It is not like Haslett's schemes are creating them.

Nice job Ryman.

Matching our defense to their offense is going to be a real chess match. You'd expect Haslett to dial up the blitz against a rookie while I see the Iggs using a lot of three-step drops, slants, screens and draws to negate the blitz.

We're going to have to be smart on D and basically do what most of us hate, which is to play the old bend-but-don't-break style of defense and wait for Foles to make a mistake or errant throw on thrid down. They will also want to control the ball to keep it away from RG3. I really see this as a lower scoring game instead of a shootout.

Last edited:
Who wants to bet that Reid goes for the play action bomb on the 1st play of the game?

Good job Ryan!

thanks guys,

this game goes back to what I said before the panthers game, when bad plays bad, weird happens. its way harder to predict what happens in a game between two bad teams than two good teams because you never know wtf a BAD Dc will do, I could totally see Haslett trying to rush 3 drop 8 and wait for foles to screw up, thats what hes done against every other rookie we played so far and rookies and young qb's have eaten us up accordingly. The Eagles play less wide 9 now but they still run it as their base scheme from what I saw 2 weeks ago, but I wonder what they will do against Rg3.

and yeah El if they run a deep bomb on the first play of the game, and we let it go ? I will turn off my computer and TV.

If you guys watched the Dallas game Philly lost last week, that was the 1st play from scrimmage...Vick heaving it up for Macklin on that same play action. They've run it more often than just against us.

1. Our defense will toss the name of Nick Foles into the ranks of elite rookie QBs for the 2012 season.

2. This is a home game and it gives the Eagles an extra touchdown based on that stat alone.

3. The Donovan McNabb curse continues - for both teams - in a manner of speaking.

4. Boo birds began the firing chants of the HC, OC, DC, LB coach, DS coach, OL coach, ST coach, WR coach, and the team medical staff.

5. The Thanksgiving feast for Redskins fans this week (Dallas coming up on Thursday) will be crow. Fortunately for Ryan, his homeland celebrated Thanksgiving last month.

I believe this is the first time that a blognostication has produced a prediction that can go either way. Funny enough, I agree with it. Well done Ryan!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.