• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Blognostications: 2011 - Week 1 vs NY Giants

• Thread starter Blognostications
  • Start date
Good job Anne. Though I vehemently disagree with your predicted outcome.

I've always wondered how one could claim they're just being realistic, by saying the team has little to no chance of winning, when, the reality of the matter is, the "Any Given Sunday" theory, is 100% accurate. Meaning we can choose what we believe.

I believe we're going kick their asses. :)

Awesome job and very thorough. I hate to say I agree with this prediction, but you've put into words exactly what my thoughts on this game have been.

Let's hope we can discuss the game over a plate of crow come Monday morning :D

Nice , well thought out and detailed. I am hoping you are wrong but I also think the Giants will win but by at least a TD perhaps more depending. the good thing is noone has much film on us defencively anymore as this is almost an entirely new defence yet again, so we might surprise some people like we did last year.

Good stuff.

Yes, I'm quite familiar with the fact that the Giants beat the snot out of us every year with distressing regularity. I agree that it is not likely we'll pull this one out. The Giants, more than any other team, just seem to have our number.

Agree with Beauty. You can't argue with historical facts, but they are *historical* facts. This team doesn't have much in common with the ones that've taken the field and lost to the Giants game after game, year after year. That doesn't = a win Sunday. But I think it does mean past performance isn't as relevant as it might otherwise have been.

Color me optimistic.

Great job on the blognostication Anne :cheers:

Good stuff.

Yes, I'm quite familiar with the fact that the Giants beat the snot out of us every year with distressing regularity. I agree that it is not likely we'll pull this one out. The Giants, more than any other team, just seem to have our number.

well...yea. but it's usually the same story: running game. perhaps this time we have restructured enough on D to take that card away.

I have to reluctantly agree with the prediction. I'm not from Missouri, or Missourah as my mother would say, but the Redskins will have to show me before I believe. A win would go a long way in that regard, especially considering past history with the Giants.

As far as history goes you mentioned 15 out of the last 20. My memories go back farther to when Parcells coached the Giants and Gibbs was in his first stint with the Redskins. Back then, if the Redskins swept the Giants you knew it was a special season and a Superbowl was likely on the horizon. Those feelings, however irrational they are at this point, have stuck with me, so a win would bring some optimism for the season.

Everybody is predicting a loss because they no longer have the hutzspa to go out on that limb.

I'm going out there even though fansince62 is at the trunk end with a bow saw trying to cut that limb off. :)

I believe that the Giants are wounded enough that the return of The Rodney Dangerfield Gang can pull off an upset win.

I may be cussin' come the fourth quarter Sunday but how out of form is that for the average Skins fan any way?

Everybody is predicting a loss because they no longer have the hutzspa to go out on that limb.

I'm going out there even though fansince62 is at the trunk end with a bow saw trying to cut that limb off. :)

I believe that the Giants are wounded enough that the return of The Rodney Dangerfield Gang can pull off an upset win.

I may be cussin' come the fourth quarter Sunday but how out of form is that for the average Skins fan any way?

oi...the insufferable slings and arrows! I predicted a Skins victory!

Redskins 23
Giants 20

It's a new day.

This is both a different year and a different (seemingly improved) Redskins team. Rex and company almost beat these guys late last year. Why not a win on Sunday?

When this team proves it's a different team I'll make my predictions based on that.

Sure. At this point respect has to be earned back by wins, not offseasons. But that's just my view.

It's a new day.

I sure hope so. However, even if that's true (and I'd like to think it is) this team is a work in progress. Tough to pick wins at the beginning of a rebuild.

When this team proves it's a different team I'll make my predictions based on that.

Sure. At this point respect has to be earned back by wins, not offseasons. But that's just my view.

I sure hope so. However, even if that's true (and I'd like to think it is) this team is a work in progress. Tough to pick wins at the beginning of a rebuild.

you're so negative. really brings me down.......:)

rex or no rex...I want...to borrow a term popular in Union quarters...these Skins sums-of-beyotches to win!

While I do understand the "expect the worse, hope for the best" mentality, it almost seems like some fans on this board are superstitious. When I scroll back through replies in both this thread and the "predict the score" thread, it's as if some think that if they believe anything good about this team, or, even worse, post anything good, it will call down a curse on the Redskins and another lost season will ensue.

you're so negative. really brings me down.......:)

Har har har. The scary thing is I've been more positive this offseason than I've been in a couple years. :)

I actually approve of the direction we are taking. I just don't think it's going to make us a great team overnight.

While I do understand the "expect the worse, hope for the best" mentality, it almost seems like some fans on this board are superstitious. When I scroll back through replies in both this thread and the "predict the score" thread, it's as if some think that if they believe anything good about this team, or, even worse, post anything good, it will call down a curse on the Redskins and another lost season will ensue.

It's more of an 'I'll believe it when I see it' mindset. That's about the least reliant on faith/luck/superstition as you can get.

Show me, and then I'll be happy about it. Show me consistently and then I will expect it.

A true fan should never lose hope. I have hope. Faith ... that's another issue. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.