• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

BGO's First Moderator: Neophyte

One of many experimental iterations ...

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

At the risk of embarrassing the man ... it is our distinct pleasure to announce that Neophyte has accepted our invitation to become BGO's first Moderator.

While his decision troubles us deeply and calls into question the very qualities that attracted us to him in the first place (judgment, wisdom, sanity), we have chosen to proceed anyway and begin the slow inexorable process of ruining the man's life.

Given we are just getting started and setting our course here on BGO, this is probably a good place to say a couple of things we hope all will take a moment to read and understand.

Neophyte, and the entire BGO staff, believe that message board moderating is best done behind the scenes; that the best moderating is that which no one ever sees or even realizes is happening.

We will not threaten publicly. We will not be heavy-handed and embarrass our members. When need arises, we will contact those causing problems privately, identify the problem to them and ask them politely to stop. If they do, that will be the end of it. And if they are either unwilling or unable to comply, they will simply lose their right to be part of the community.

In short, we will treat everyone as adults, and expect adult behavior in return.

On another front, when you see a staff member post an opinion on a matter, please understand that what he says has nothing to do with his position as a staff member, and everything to do with expressing a personal opinion. We are all lifelong Redskins fans on the BGO staff; if we were not, we would not be here. Accepting a role on staff will never lose one the right to enjoy being a vocal fan of the Washington Redskins, and we ask that our members please keep that in mind when engaging us in conversation.

Okay, enough serious stuff. Back to embarrassing Bob.

It is our sincere hope that Neophyte's role as moderator will not affect his unshakable calm, unaffected courtesy, quiet wit or crisp insight. And as noted above, we hope that his being charged with helping maintain order and civil discourse in our community will not affect the way you, honored guests and members, will treat him. We hope you will continue to treat him as we will (badly), and as the same magnificent lug and genuinely nice guy he's proven himself to be for many years.

We're proud to have you aboard, Neophyte.

Hail.

Last edited:

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Bob/Neo is one of the most generous, humble, talented, and just all-around good guys I have had the pleasure to meet on the interwebs. It took about 3 seconds for the Owners to determine he was perfect. We're fortunate he's willing to align himself with us publically :)

Bob will continue to serve as a staff writer (as author of a great new blog 'Behind Enemy Lines' when he's not busy defending truth, justice, and goshdarnit, the American Way.

We are excited to have him with us in both capacities :cheers:

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks guys. The check for the kind words is in the mail. ;)

For the record, working with an ownership group like this site has is a bit of a no brainer. At the risk of sounding a bit hokie, its an honor to be asked to serve.

And I really don't expect game days to be to bad, WD. I have tested the Search function here and it works pretty well. :D

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Congrats, Neophyte-the owners made an amazingly astute choice in selecting you.

Let's see,you're now going to be a message board moderator...

...of a message board filled with over-the-top 'Skins fans...hmmm...

...run by Om and Boone....

...hmmmmm.

I'll remember you in my prayers.

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

Don't believe a thing they told you about me:)

Good luck. Hopefully, this will be an easy job for ya

Blondie

The Free Agent Vet
Reaction score

See, good things can come from Dallas!!!

Congrats!!

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

So, Neo is The One. :)

Well done guys. Congrats Bob.

Pappas

The UDFA
Reaction score

I'm not wearing any pants...

I mean, Congrats Neophyte!

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Oh my... Leave you guys alone for a few hours and this is what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0