BGO.C.D.: Unstrung Heroes

One of many experimental iterations ...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Does character matter in today’s NFL? I’ve raised my wonderful son Daniel on Redskins football. At an early age, upon hearing his burgundy and...

More...

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

I still care too, Boone. Not sure why as I should be numb by now but I care. I blame my parents. ;)

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I hear ya...I'm torn on a lot of fronts - it may not keep me from watching, but I think a dirt bag is a dirtbag. If Favre did what we think he is, he's a dirtbag - his wife deserves better.

I actually think Taylor was just misunderstood. I got to see a lot of him up close his first year and I never got the feeling he was a bad guy, just painfully introverted, and probably made some bad early decisions. But I always got the feeling inside he was a quality guy.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

I read the article last night when the magazine came out and from my earliest memories, my parents really emphasized family over any and all pseudo-heroes. That's not to say I didn't have favorites or look to some of these players as role models for my playing days (high school only). But I give my parents a lot of credit for keeping a certain perspective and instilling it in me.

A few years ago, I watched an interview that Gayle Sayers gave and he talked about the idiotic celebrations after a tackle, first down, sack, catch, etc. and especially after touchdowns. I agree with it 100%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0