• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D.: The Doldrums

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
The doldrums of Summer are nearly upon us. Humidity and temperature march steadily upward on the East Coast as we begin our annual ascent to hell. We...

More...

You guys from the DC area do this every year. You start whining about how hot it is and how you can’t wait for football season to start.

Listen, the last patch of snow at my house just disappeared last week. For me, this time of year means temperatures in the 60’s and 70’s (mid 80’s tops), 20 hours of daylight, fishing, hiking and grilling. We can drag this time of year out as long as possible as far as I’m concerned.

Sure September means football, but it also means snow and dark and black ice on the roads and having to live with dimwits from Texas driving pickups that think just because they have 4-wheel drive, the laws of physics don’t apply to them.

So lets drag this out as long as possible.

Besides, I like Baseball. :anonymous:

Good thing we got WNBA fantasy basketball leagues!!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I can tune into last 50 laps of a NASCAR race to see if worth watching. As for my garden...the jalapenos, habaneros, and others won't be ready until training camp. I will be anxious to see if and how the ghost peppers come along.

Have to say you hit the nail on the head with this master piece.

Now just sit and wait for peppers to come in and make some sinus clearing salsa.

You're trying ghost peppers? Wow. I've read that they are 400 x hotter than 'Tabasco' peppers...over a million scoville units in heat. That's not a pepper, that's a weapon :) Be careful my spicy friend...

holy h3ll...i didnt even know we had an arcade!!!

oh...and mountain biking, fishing, camping, grilling will get me through to snowboarding season....i mean football season!

It's Triathlon season baby! LOT's to keep me occupied, my summers usually fly by.

Oh and gardens are key too, I grew everything from seed this year so I'm looking forward to the yield and also happy to be getting 90+ seedlings (my neighbors and friends are getting hooked up!) out of my basement and out under the Sun. I also have a Pear and two apple trees that keep me picking daily once those start to yield. TONS to do. :)

Boone has skillz. :)

Me, I'm gearing up to fly out Friday for a two-day drive from Dallas to West Yellowstone (1377 miles) in a fully-packed 17' U-haul ... off-loading it at my brother's just-completed (or at least almost completed) summer 'cabin' up there ... and spending a few days hiking back trails and doing our best to see grizzes and timberwolves without actually becoming a snack for either.

Coming back on the 30th ... figure a couple days to decompress, then begin the countdown to the World Cup on June 11. Which for those of us who grew up with/love the game is about as good as it gets.

All of which gets me through July 11 and within 2-3 weeks of training camp.

It's going to be tough, but I think I'm going to make it.

Sounds like a helluva distraction Om, at least an incredible way to kill a few weeks. Need something like that myself :) And color me a huge World Cup fan myself. Thankfully, at least we'll have that to help get us through a long hot Summer of barren sports TV wasteland.

You're trying ghost peppers? Wow. I've read that they are 400 x hotter than 'Tabasco' peppers...over a million scoville units in heat. That's not a pepper, that's a weapon :) Be careful my spicy friend...

My buddy said after he planted the seed he touched his face and felt a burning sensation. Can't wait to get my plant.

If it works will save some seed to send you. :evil:

My buddy said after he planted the seed he touched his face and felt a burning sensation. Can't wait to get my plant.

If it works will save some seed to send you. :evil:

Judging by their reputation, I can't say I'm surprised. Would love to get my hands on some seeds - thanks :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.