• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

BGO.C.D.: Skins Win with 10 Surprises

One of many experimental iterations ...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

The Washington Redskins got into the holiday spirit, delivering their success-starved fans a little badly-needed Christmas cheer with an improbable...

More...

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

Nice summary. Although I can't but help to think how sad it is that this type of effort is a surprise to us and what we've come to expect is this:

Redskins play gamely, lead or trail closely the entire game, only to give up the game-tying field goal late in the 4th quarter. The script then calls for loss of the coin toss and giving up a quick easy game-winning score in overtime. It’s what we do.

The Redskins didn’t commit a penalty. They didn’t snap the ball over the holder’s head, bobble it, or experience any other kind of colossal meltdown.
I long for the day when those "meltdowns" are no longer the rule but rather the exception.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Something I noticed in the game was something that I haven't seen all that much of. We didn't let the game get away from us.

Our D was consistent in pressuring Garrard-4 sacks without Orakpo to help. When Jacksonville adjusted, we countered instead of letting their adjustments throw us completely out-of-synch. Kudos to Haslett on this one.

At no point did I get the sense that the team had "given up"-the fight and effort level was there the entire game. Kudos to the whole coaching staff and the players here.

One more interesting thing. We are 3-1 in OT games. Not sure what that might be indicative of but it's interesting nonetheless.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Serv are we 3-1 in OT because other teams offences are tired from moving the ball up and down the field? lol
Hey, Muhammad Ali used a similar tactic to defeat George Foreman, a fearsome puncher. He called it "rope-a-dope." He let Foreman beat on him for seven rounds till Foreman's arms got too tired to hold up and beat him in round eight.

Good comeback line, tho' ryman. :claps:

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc

UTEP

Hey, Muhammad Ali used a similar tactic to defeat George Foreman, a fearsome puncher. He called it "rope-a-dope." He let Foreman beat on him for seven rounds till Foreman's arms got too tired to hold up and beat him in round eight.

Good comeback line, tho' ryman. :claps:
Henceforth I shall call hasletts defence the rope a dope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0