• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Best Frozen Pizza

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
So who makes the best frozen pizza that can be bought at a store?

I've always been a sucker for Totino's, and like to hear the thoughts of everyone else.

What's the best?

It's hard for me to resist Stouffers. I haven't had it in months, and now I'm craving it.

Sooo... thanks.

Freschetta and DiGiorno, rising crust style on both. Most of everything else sucks. Tony's is the worst, Totinos is a very close second (both were what I ate in my stoner days). Tombstone has a few awesome kinds, and Stouffers makes a killer french bread pizza.

I absolutely hate thin crust pizza with a passion, so as a result I eat very few types of frozen pizza, since most are rock hard thin crust garbage :puke:

Everyone (except Extreme, because this is thin-crust pizza): for really good pizza at home, try this out. Take a tortilla, put sauce & desired topings on it, then pan fry it or grill-pan it until the cheese is bubbling (or the bottom of the tortilla becomes browned), rotating once during cooking. Delicious!

Everyone (except Extreme, because this is thin-crust pizza): for really good pizza at home, try this out. Take a tortilla, put sauce & desired topings on it, then pan fry it or grill-pan it until the cheese is bubbling (or the bottom of the tortilla becomes browned), rotating once during cooking. Delicious!

Only problem is - that's not 'pizza'. It might be good, but it's not pizza :)

And Extreme - I LOVE thin-crust pizza.

It sounds more like an open faced quesadilla, and it actually sounds good. When I was a kid, we'd spread sauce and cheese on english muffin halves and throw it in the toaster oven, those were good.

And judging by the reactions I get from people, and the fact that half the freezers are full of thin crust at the store, I'm well aware I'm in the minority for my thin crust views. I just don't like crunchy pizza. It's not natural. I also hate baguettes, crunchy peanut butter, most nuts, I think I'm just not a fan of crunchy food in general. In fact, I'm only one of two people I know who intentionally lets my cereal get soggy before I start eating it. Not fall apart soggy, that's disgusting, but soft.

I love all pizza..period
Posted via BGO Mobile Device
Hard to argue that. Even a terrible pizza is better than a lot of things you could be eating. Even bagel bites are awesome when you get in the mood for them.

Well, for that matter, those pizza rolls (like mini-egg rolls, except full of pizza filling) are pretty damn good. But they aren't 'pizza'.

Close enough, and much healthier too! :)

My daughter concocted something the other night that was pretty damn good. She took a can of the pillsbury homestyle biscuits, cut each on into quarters, and tossed them in pizza sauce. Then she shaped them on a pan in a circle with edges touching, and coated it in cheese and baked it. Those were really damn good, and super simple.

Im going to try that tortilla thing.

Very healthy if you use whole wheat tortillas and go light on the cheese. We have done chicken breast, roasted red pepper and onions as well as Hawaiian pizza with Canadian bacon.

Very healthy if you use whole wheat tortillas and go light on the cheese. We have done chicken breast, roasted red pepper and onions as well as Hawaiian pizza with Canadian bacon.
Have you ever tried it with naan bread? I think I posted either pics or the recipe in here of ones I did one time, and they are still the best pizza I've ever tasted.

DiGiorno...not even close (drops the mic and walks out).

Yeah, those brick oven pizzas rock. I first thought it was made by red baron, but I seem to think I saw a few companies that make it now.

I recently discovered Mama Cozzi's Stone Baked pizza at Aldi's. Found it on sale for $2.99(!)-it surpasses even DiGiorno for frozen pizza, IMO.

Extreme, I tried na'an bread pizza (homemade) but it came out a bit chewy but of course na'an bread has a great taste. I'll try it again and experiment to get it right. For toppings, my favorite is a basil pesto base with baby spinach, portabellos and feta cheese.

I recently discovered Mama Cozzi's Stone Baked pizza at Aldi's. Found it on sale for $2.99(!)-it surpasses even DiGiorno for frozen pizza, IMO.

Extreme, I tried na'an bread pizza (homemade) but it came out a bit chewy but of course na'an bread has a great taste. I'll try it again and experiment to get it right. For toppings, my favorite is a basil pesto base with baby spinach, portabellos and feta cheese.
The trick is the right bread and the right sauce. Try getting a thinner Naan, like the kind they sell at Trader Joe's. Also, after tinkering with multiple sauces, bruschetta instead of pizza sauce seems to do the trick, because of the thickness. Pesto should be good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.