Behind Enemy Lines: Fortes fortuna adiuvat

One of many experimental iterations ...

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

We have all heard the old saying “Fortune favors the bold”. Well, if there is one word we can use to describe the move made by Mike Shanahan,...

More...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Love it Bob :cheers: Nice to hear from our guy behind the lines. You know our rival fans just hate to see us getting a franchise QB :)

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Love it Bob :cheers: Nice to hear from our guy behind the lines. You know our rival fans just hate to see us getting a franchise QB :)
Yeah, I will be listening to that for a few days and likely writing something about it soon.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Bold? Yes. Daring? Maybe a bit. But the weekend is 100% better with the knowledge that we are going to have a franchise QB. That feels soooooo good.

What are the fans and sportcasters saying in DFW? And the Baylor fans/alums?

CarolinaSkin43

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Army

I absulotely love the move..... i also was wondering what the other nfc east teams are thinking now.... going to be interesting to see what they have to say ... Redskins no pushover anymore....HTTR.....

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

I absulotely love the move..... i also was wondering what the other nfc east teams are thinking now.... going to be interesting to see what they have to say ... Redskins no pushover anymore....HTTR.....
Serv? Oh, Serv? I second that request for a new Redskins Recon piece, please.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Serv? Oh, Serv? I second that request for a new Redskins Recon piece, please.
I hear ya. I am starting to peruse comment from other team fans on this move-trust me this is on ALL the forums. I've been tied up with offline "real life" stuff lately that has cut into my BGO time more than I've liked but this is too big a deal not to get reactions around the league. I'll put a Recon post up in a couple of days.

Good ol' Redskins, we do have a knack for snatching NFL headlines don't we? :eek: :beam:

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Bold? Yes. Daring? Maybe a bit. But the weekend is 100% better with the knowledge that we are going to have a franchise QB. That feels soooooo good.

What are the fans and sportcasters saying in DFW? And the Baylor fans/alums?
They wanted us to go after Manning instead of RG3. The consensus is they did not want us getting RG3. I've heard that on some of the local shows and the pukes fans I work with. Can't wait for the drive on Monday to hear the local sports guys whining.

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah Steven, I just finished the late local news on Channel 8 and the weekend guy wrapped up by saying that the Skins and Rams had announced the trade today and that the Cowboys would be facing RGIII twice a year. He didn't sound too thrilled either.

Kinda has me smiling a bit bigger tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0