• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

be honest now

One of many experimental iterations ...

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

1) Do you expect us to beat Miami?

2) Do you want us to beat Miami?

- Yes

- No (I'll take shots for this)

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

I think you might need a choice for ambivalent, fansince.

This applies to both questions, by the way.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Yes
Yes

Always want to win.

Always.

SkinsFTW

The Free Agent Vet
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

No

Does 1 win the rest of the way even matter? No, i'd rather get a higher pick than remember years from now how we defeated the mighty 1-8 Dolphins on our way to a 4 win season.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I think you might need a choice for ambivalent, fansince.

This applies to both questions, by the way.
THIS. I've lost all interest in watching this team. I guess I want them to win, but deep down I know that hurts our chances at a premiere QB in April's draft. So...

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

THIS. I've lost all interest in watching this team. I guess I want them to win, but deep down I know that hurts our chances at a premiere QB in April's draft. So...

My emotional state also. but we still sneak peeks until we can't suffer it any longer.

beats Asylum...does it not? :)

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Using the results of a losing season, after the fact, to maximize opportunity, is simple common sense.

To root for failure, is a losers/quitters mentality, IMO.

And, if you have it at all, it likely permeates into every part of your life. Whether you know it, or not.

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Using the results of a losing season, after the fact, to maximize opportunity, is simple common sense.

And, if you have it at all, it likely permeates into every part of your life. Whether you know it, or not.
tough guy eh?!!! I kid. I kid.

would you have jumped onto a lifeboat were you a pax on the Titanic?

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Well, this is why I get excited when the Redskins score a TD against the prevent defense, then convert the 2-pt play to be within 8. Then when Gano executes a perfect onsides kick and not one god damn Redskins player is even looking at the ball, I curse and scream and generally act the fool.

Don't confuse disinterest or expectation of failure with rooting for failure.

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score

I hope they win, yeah - do I expect it? Hell no.

I was going to go to this game its 2.5 hours away and I can get a LL seat for $70... I'm either going fishing or sailing depending on the weather. No more Sundays wasted on this team. I leave for the Caribbean in a month and will work 4-5 months without a day off. I will download and watch sunday night, monday.

SkinsOrlando

Searching for the 6 fingered man
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kent State

I expect them to lose, however I want them to win even though that hurts our draft position.

We can lose every game the rest of the way as long as we BEAT DALLAS AT HOME !!!

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

tough guy eh?!!! I kid. I kid.

would you have jumped onto a lifeboat were you a pax on the Titanic?
Several things here.

First, I would have never been on the Titanic, unless I had been hogtied and thrown aboard. Which means I would have immediately begun attempting to escape captivity, kill the sonsofbitches what did this to me, commandeer a lifeboat for myself and as many large breasted lactating women as I could find, and leave the Titantic, burning, and without a functioning radio.

In other words, WINNING!!!
Don't confuse disinterest or expectation of failure with rooting for failure.
I didn't. ;)

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I have no idea whether we win or lose, but I will always root for us to win! I cannot nor will I ever root for us to lose. I do not care about draft position because the most successful players we've drafted in the past 5 years have come at pick 13 and pick 16.

It does not matter what position you are in the draft! Have you guys not learned that over the last 20 years? We are less than 50/50 with top 5 picks over the past 20 years.

Fail
Desmond Howard
Heath Shuler
Lavar Arrington
Michael Westbrook

Success
Sean Taylor
Chris Samuels
Trent Williams

I am being generous by putting TW in the success column.

I was excited by the hiring of Allen and Shanahan and I am still convinced we are headed in the right direction. But they really haven't earned tremendous confidence in player acquisition, i.e. John Beck, Donovan McNabb, Jamaal Brown.

You guys who are secretly wishing for us to lose for a better draft position seem to think it will garner us a better prospect if we are higher in the draft order? As we have painfully learned, there are no guarantees so I don't understand the thinking. Let's hope we lose so we can have a better draft position that may or may not be an asset.

Question: Who was the best QB we've had in the past 20 years? Where was he drafted or how was he acquired?

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Several things here.

First, I would have never been on the Titanic, unless I had been hogtied and thrown aboard. Which means I would have immediately begun attempting to escape captivity, kill the sonsofbitches what did this to me, commandeer a lifeboat for myself and as many large breasted lactating women as I could find, and leave the Titantic, burning, and without a functioning radio.

In other words, WINNING!!!

I didn't. ;)

crack me up! You always deliver Ax!!!!! :claps:

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I expect us to lose, I would say I want us to lose but even then there is no expectation that we will draft a difference maker anyway.
That is my point. So why even hope to lose? This is our team! I can understand indifference, but to actually hope we lose?

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I expect us to lose, I would say I want us to lose but even then there is no expectation that we will draft a difference maker anyway.
Our only points of reference are Trent Williams & Ryan Kerrigan, the two first-round picks Shanahan has had with the Redskins. Right now, Trent is still an unknown, but Kerrigan looks like a home run. At worst, that's 50/50 - I'd take those odds in Vegas in a heartbeat!

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

Yes and yes. Plain and simple I want W's more than high draft choices.

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

I probably wont expect a win again this season. I will always hope for one though.

I'll worry about the offseason in the offseason.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0