• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Awesome site for salary cap info by team & position

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Trent Williams basically makes as much as our safeties and defensive ends combined?

WTF? :laugh:

That is a sweet ass site though. Thanks for posting!

Morgan made more than Garcon? Pierre must have his all back loaded like Portis did or else thats just unreal.

and Morris is going to get PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID when its his time. man, 421K is going to seem like chump change to him if he has another year like he did this one.

I remember reading something about the new CBA making it impossible to restructure rookies until their third year or something. Maybe I'm wrong, but the players really got screwed on that one.

I remember reading something about the new CBA making it impossible to restructure rookies until their third year or something. Maybe I'm wrong, but the players really got screwed on that one.

Pretty sure this is correct. Morris and Russell Wilson are the two rookies from last year's class that are going to get screwed the most. Morris, because he's a RB and has a higher probability for injury, probably has more of a liklihood for getting screwed than Wilson does.

But both guys way out performed their rookie contracts in year one.

I would be very surprised to see Morris get paid here in DC. I love the guy, but Shanahan was willing to trade a 2 time 1500 yard rusher in Clinton Portis to get a position of need and plugged in another RB. It just doesn't seem like he'd be so willing to pay Alfred based on his history.

Screwed? I can hardly feel for anyone who gets screwed in the NFL. Its the players that have been doing the screwing for some time now. As a Redskins fan I am going to enjoy that we actually have some talented players on the cheap for a change. This is going to lead to losing a player once and a while but the days of overpaying everybody had to stop and I'm glad it has. In a couple of years we'll be free and clear of the bad contracts that have plagued us since 2000. This is how smart people build good teams. Get talent cheap, develop it and only pay it well if you have to. I love Alfred but he should keep that 91 Mazda, he is after all a running back on a team that has a coach that goes through them like undies. He's special and if he's around and productive yr 4 good for him!

My gut tells me El is right and he'll be used until Shanny finds someone that he can plug in behind him. If he was to be traded for a future 12 or 13 probowl corner I would have absolutely no problem with it based on what Shanny has done with running backs for the last 15 yrs.

I'd love to see sir Alfred stay on another term. Shanny's history suggests he'll be gone but i bet it may come down to RG3. Basically, if our QB lobby's for him to stay i'd bet he resigns.

I'd love to see sir Alfred stay on another term. Shanny's history suggests he'll be gone but i bet it may come down to RG3. Basically, if our QB lobby's for him to stay i'd bet he resigns.

I don't think he goes anywhere for next season...probably 2. But if we get another 1500 yard season out of him and there is a player we could get like when Shanny was able to get Champ...I gotta believe he pulls the trigger.

Couple of things.

The rookie salary cap is making it possible for us to get a better handle on our cap. And without it, Robert would likely be on another team.

In order to trade for a "Champ Bailey", we'd have to get lucky enough for there to be another player who's wife demanded he switched teams because of an affair. We had no choice but to move him while we could. He was NOT going to remain here.

In order to trade for a "Champ Bailey", we'd have to get lucky enough for there to be another player who's wife demanded he switched teams because of an affair. We had no choice but to move him while we could. He was NOT going to remain here.

I agree with that whole heartedly. Many suggested that Denver got the better end of that deal, but we were going to lose Champ regardless so essentially it was a 2nd round pick for CP.

I understand why some people think Morris and Wilson are getting screwed because of the rookie caps and how the CBA deals with sitting out, but teams have been getting screwed over by players for the better part of the last decade when they decide they're 'out performing' their contract and decide to hold out going into training camp when the team doesn't have a backup plan because they weren't expecting a player that signed a contract to play to decide not to show up. It always seemed to work out that those guys didn't live up to their new contract, or were injured the following year.

So Wilson and Morris can blame those before them for not being able to negotiate a restructuring of the contract to be more inline with their abilities and performance.

Personally I'm happy that our team is finally on the other side of the issue. If our biggest problem is figuring out if we want to give someone a raise or move them to another team before their contract is up in exchange for players of need then we're finally running the team the correct way.

That's how a free market works, though. You pay someone based on their draft status; if they significantly outperform their draft status, they should get a raise. Not all teams fold, some say "Go ahead, hold out. We're not paying you." And they don't, and the player either sits out too long and suffers, or he comes to training camp after the team calls his bluff. I'm trying to think of a recent example of this, but the name escapes me.

Desean Jackson and Mike Wallace both went through that recently.

On the flip side the Jets caved to Revis and he wound up getting injured and being out most of the season if I recall correctly.

I'm pretty sure Revis got a contract extension in 2010, but I could be wrong.

Either way, let's say the ACL was after signing the extension - if he DOESN'T get the extension, he's probably screwed.

Either way, let's say the ACL was after signing the extension - if he DOESN'T get the extension, he's probably screwed.

Ah, it was 2012 when he was out most of the season. That extension as also after he threatened to hold out again. They came to terms well before training camp so there was no need to hold out.

News flash - According to Pro Football Talk, the salary cap will increase a little bit more than expected this year. A very little bit.

Last year it was $120.6 and they said initially it would be $121 but they are now saying it will be $121.5.

Even an additional $500k is welcome considering the crappy cap situation we have been put in by that Sh#t stain Mara.

Jammal Brown's contract voids today at 4:01pm; there is no chance we will keep him and we will carry $3.3M in dead cap space because of him.

News flash - According to Pro Football Talk, the salary cap will increase a little bit more than expected this year. A very little bit.

Last year it was $120.6 and they said initially it would be $121 but they are now saying it will be $121.5.

Even an additional $500k is welcome considering the crappy cap situation we have been put in by that Sh#t stain Mara.

Jammal Brown's contract voids today at 4:01pm; there is no chance we will keep him and we will carry $3.3M in dead cap space because of him.

It actually saves us $1.3M in cap room though, so that's nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.