• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Awesome 80's Music

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
So I'm listening to Thomas Dolby's She Blinded Me With Science and They Might be Giants Instanbul, among others. Totally rocking out. Putting on some Whitesnake next. Anyway, my 13 year old is mocking me for listening to weird music. I feel I have let her down, not introducing her to the 80's enough.

Ive got the Bangles, B-52s, Springsteen, Styx, Kansas, Steve Miller, and lots more. What else can I torture, er I mean, introduce her to?

Recommendations?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I hate Mellancamp after his Chevy commercials, but he does have some good 80's music.

Listening to the Talking Heads right now. She thinks I'm REALLY weird now. :)

Flood came out in 1990, bro! Love me some TMBG though.

G., she must hear "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell and "Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes. Both are on my personal "desert island must haves" top 40 list.

Talking Heads

Rush

If you really want to warp her...............Romeo Void

Really Lanky? You're gonna give me crap for Flood? Will enjoy crushing you in FF even more now. :)

Nice recommendations, Serv. I haven't listened to Bette Davis Eyes in I don't know how long. Just downloaded it, good memories.

Sargent, I was blasting Burning Down the House and Once in a Lifetime riding with her in the car. Think she's already warped...

Last edited:
Van Halen

AC/DC

Not one of my favs, but Michael Jackson did most of his best stuff in the 80's

Before he turned white

An incredible decade for music.

Does anyone remember the Chris Rock live show, where he said something to the effect of "You know what your favorite music is? It's whatever was playing the first time you started having sex. Now that's some good stuff."

I hate morrisey, he made stalking normal with the song " the more you ignore me the closer i get" lmao

duran duran pure 80s cheese
honeymoon suite ditto
northern pikes (go youtube the things i do for money, teenland, hopes go astray and pretty much anything else they have done.) best canadian band by far.

they might be giants particle man ftw

No 80s collection is complete without a healthy dose of Huey Lewis and the News.

Throw in some Men at Work, Night Ranger and Pat Benetar and you've got yourself a party. :)

Hey elephant..did you used to wear your hair over your eyes and cry a lot in the 80s?

Hahaha..just playin..but I can't stand morrissey!

:nono:, no Emo for me! :laugh: You would think so since I would have mentioned Tears for Fears too if you hadn't!

Pretenders

Police

Prince

Queen

Journey, (esp. "Don't Stop Believin' ")

Animotion one song, "Obsession", but a great one.

David Bowie -Let's Dance album in particular.

Cinderella-(Mike's mentioning Poison reminded me about them)

Def Leppard

Nu Shoes "I Can't Wait"

Timbuk3 "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades"

Glass Tiger "Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone"

I have a thing for what I call "one and done" musical artists-one or maybe two really big hits and that's it-the 1980s had a bunch of those.

The Fixx

Eurythmics

Missing Persons

Don't forget songs like "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo or "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Taco.

How about Berlin's "Sex (I'm a...)" or Frankie Goes to Hollywood - "Relax"

Wish you guys would warn me before you go peaking at the music collection on my media server. It's only polite to ask after all.

Here are some random '80s songs:

Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut
Genesis - Illegal Alien
Tom Petty - Don't Come Around Here No More
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
Boy George - Karma Chameleon

Not sure it is actually ithe 80's, but has anyone heard "Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel? Holy cow, what a song, just beautiful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.