One of many experimental iterations ...

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

No, not the movie.

See Señor Riley to your immediate left? That, my friends, is a NEW AVATAR. Something we have not seen around these parts in a very long time.

I haven't been in position to work on BGO's unique avatar feature in quite a while. I may not be in position to fully get back to it yet, but by god I'm going to try to at least bring the different tiers current...and maybe even add a new one from time to time. We have so many long-gone players still in our supposedly "active" Tier 2 level that it's embarrassing. Slowly but surely you will see the entire Tier system of avatars updated and expanded.

As a reminder, one of the more interesting features we've built here is the connection between our avatars and BGO Gallery. If you click on Mr. Kerrigan you will see what I'm referring to. What we hope to have someday is a full roster profile, vids, etc., in the Gallery for each player linked to it's corresponding avatar.

Big dreams.

Anyway, I know this probably wasn't SoW thread-worthy, but I'm pretty stoked to have finally not only remembered the various steps involved in getting a new avatar fully integrated, but actually DOING one. So I figured what the hell.

Carry on. :)

New:

Ryan Kerrigan
Leonard Hankerson
Trent Williams
Roy Helu
Barry Cofield
Stephen Bowen
Jabar Gaffney
Jarvis Jenkins
Perry Riley

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Well, hopefully you keep the Sir Lanky Livingston avatar around, although I wouldn't mind a little RG3 avi (once that is official and all, you know).

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Pretty dang cool. Custom avs are all the rage these days. :)

Anyway, look forward to what you have in store for us.

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

Added a few more to Tier 2....Bowen, Trent Williams, Helu, Hankerson. Before you know it we'll acually have the roster covered again. And yes, there will be multiple iterations of either RG3 or Luck to choose from.

And Mike, your specially designed arrow ain't going anywhere unless you want it to. It wasn't anything to do with April Fool's though. When we discovered that the team (and league) were looking askance at our original BGO logo, we unhappily decided the best move was to just go ahead and pull the plug on it and come up with something with absolutely zero chance of getting us afoul of any lawyer anywhere. For a few days we had the full sized version of your special avatar up top with the subtitle (NFL Approved Logo) below it.

You fell in love, and the rest is history. :)

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

Nope, not new. But I do too. :)

FYI, your Marko avatar has been restored....just in case you miss it.

ADDED: DL Jarvis Jenkins

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Nice to see you guys taking advantage of Om's hard work. Good stuff.

China

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Michigan State

I went back and looked at some of them, and I don't know whether they're old or new but some of the available choices of former coaches and players are amusing: Norv Turner, Jim Zorn, Marty Schottenheimer, Gregg Williams, Campbell w/ Snyder, Laron Landry, Colt Brennan, etc. You should offer a Heath Shuler avatar. :D

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

Oh, it's all good. There may some 'careful what you wish for' action soon. :)

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

Fantastic work Om and Boone. I have no idea who is left....cough...Garcon....cough.:blank:

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

As soon as I have a decent shot of Pierre in burgundy and gold, we'll serve it up. Same with Josh Morgan and all new Skins. We're a long way from done. :)

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

I just know how to pick my spots. A few shiny new avatars and I'm The Man. Boone and Neophyte, meanwhile, do all the heavy lifting behind the scenes and somehow still let me stick around.

I do love this place so. :)

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Indeed we do, brother Mike. Indeed we do. Maybe one of these days we will work a way to do a tailgate in some fashion so that Boone and I can share some of it too.

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

I went back and looked at some of them, and I don't know whether they're old or new but some of the available choices of former coaches and players are amusing: Norv Turner, Jim Zorn, Marty Schottenheimer, Gregg Williams, Campbell w/ Snyder, Laron Landry, Colt Brennan, etc. You should offer a Heath Shuler avatar. :D
Nyuk. ...............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0