• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adobe has been hacked, customer info taken

tshile

These incidents are certainly not worthy of individual threads every time for this board, but this one in particular has the possibility of hurting some of our members; those that run their own businesses, and all the photographers we have, may be using adobe products, and if they are this matters. I didn't want this getting lost in the back pages of the tech thread we have going.

Important Customer Security Announcement (Adobe Featured Blogs)
Our investigation currently indicates that the attackers accessed Adobe customer IDs and encrypted passwords on our systems. We also believe the attackers removed from our systems certain information relating to 2.9 million Adobe customers, including customer names, encrypted credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates, and other information relating to customer orders.

If you have an adobe product that you had to create an adobe ID for, and you entered credit card information, keep an eye on your credit card statements and consider changing passwords.

I got that as well.

Man glad I went to a brick and mortar and bought my Lightroom 5. They can grab my account info because I registered, but no CC for them to get.

Anatomy of a password disaster ? Adobe?s giant-sized cryptographic blunder | Naked Security

So it looks like Adobe is, shocker, a lying sack of crap and their developers and decision makers are, again it's shocking i know, absolutely awful and stupid. Password question/hints were stored in cleartext, the 'encrypted' passwords are a joke, and it looks like at least 38 million accounts were compromised.

Translation: if you use the password you used for your adobe account elsewhere you need to change it. If you used the password question/answer hints somewhere else you need to change them. Everywhere. Because there's now 10 gigs worth of emails, passwords, and password question/hints available freely on the internet to anyone with the desire to download them.

yea. not good cybersecurity. I'm ready if anyone needs some consulting! :)

good advice T.

Shouldn't people insist that their CC info is not stored permanently, on any online account or profile, but rather manually enter it for each transaction, and have it erased after each transaction ?

I don't use Adobe anything. Takes up too much space. I go for the knockoffs, smaller and faster, and you can edit PDF files without a bunch of hassle.

Shouldn't people insist that their CC info is not stored permanently, on any online account or profile, but rather manually enter it for each transaction, and have it erased after each transaction ?

Yes, they should. But it's up to the people taking the info as to what they do with it.

There's a very interesting conversation going on in the tech world about users' rights and privacy. As of right now we have none. The people in power seem to be interested in keeping it that way, but we'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.