• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Adam Schefter: Trent Williams, Fred Davis Test Positive

Yahoo, Schefter: Trent Williams, Fred Davis Test Positive For Drugs

Trent Williams and Fred Davis both tested positive for "recreational" drugs during the offseason. Both may now miss games.

First, I'm glad it wasn't steroids. Secondly, I'm not exactly thrilled to hear that Trent, who had some "work ethic" questions in the past, is taking bong hits. At least that is what I hope "recreational" drugs means in this case.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...aurice_smith_nflpa_scrutiny_discipline_111111

Last edited:
Trent Williams and Fred Davis both tested positive for "recreational" drugs during the offseason. Both may now miss games.

First, I'm glad it wasn't steroids. Secondly, I'm not exactly thrilled to hear that Trent, who had some "work ethic" questions in the past, is taking bong hits. At least that is what I hope "recreational" drugs means in this case.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...aurice_smith_nflpa_scrutiny_discipline_111111
I think it was fairly obvious to anyone when the story broke, that in Trent's case it definitely wasn't performance enhancing drugs :laugh:

Three good things can come from this news. First, The team will help them through this time with some tough love. Second, Fred's contract demands will be a bit more reasonable now. Third, any missed time will bring more losses and a better draft position.

That's the problem here. This team is hit and miss on the character of the players that are brought in.

For every Brian Orakpo or Ryan Kerrigan, you end up with other high picks or prominent names like Williams (drafted #4 by Shanahan) or Fred Davis that seem to lack the intelligence and maturity to make the most of their opportunity.

That 2008 draft class, what an albatross around the neck!

Devin Thomas in New York after failing to show he can be an NFL wide receiver. Malcolm Kelly out of the NFL.

Now, the one player from that class still on the team who looked to have some future - now he goes and puts a cloud on things.

Davis is a free agent after the 2011 season.

So, do you give Davis a $20M contract based on his short-arming some balls in recent games and this pending suspension?

Is he a good bet for the next 5 years?

And how about Trent Williams?

Shanahan passed up a lot of other positions of need to grab Wiliams, but Williams so far has looked like anything but a lock to become an anchor at left tackle.

Regardless of the other outcomes, didn't the union negotiate there would be no suspensions for this type of activity during the lockout?

Yeah, that's what is in the WP.

Still, these players are knuckleheads. That's the way they prepared for the season when it resumed - by taking hits off a bong.

Great character points for Williams and Davis, who both have some improvement to make on the field.

I'm ready to trade Trent Williams, who as McD5 said, came to us with some "laziness" issues. He's turning out to not be the answer at LT and if all he's going to do is loaf and toke up, then as far as I'm concerned he can hit the road

Oh yeah, didn't you look to see if anyone else had posted this before you? Chris posted this same thing two hours earlier. So, according to rule 110,028, you're ass is grass for 3-4 weeks. I shall now bloviate for 5 or 6 paragrpahs about how awesome I am, and how much smarter I am than you as well. That way, others can revel in my awesomeness too;)

See what a sorry football team produces on Sunday afternoons? Too much time on people's hands:laugh:

hey, Rex has looked pretty good so far. If anything Kyle's playcalling has cost the team another 3 points.

Oh yeah, didn't you look to see if anyone else had posted this before you? Chris posted this same thing two hours earlier. So, according to rule 110,028, you're ass is grass for 3-4 weeks. I shall now bloviate for 5 or 6 paragrpahs about how awesome I am, and how much smarter I am than you as well. That way, others can revel in my awesomeness too;)

See what a sorry football team produces on Sunday afternoons? Too much time on people's hands:laugh:

Thanks for the laugh :clap2:

The play at qb and on the OL is actually worse than what we saw under Zorn.

I was gonna block that guy but then I got high,
I was gonna catch that pass but I got high,
I might be out 4 weeks and you know why (why man?)
Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high da da da da da da

Actually, those two should buy all the fans some weed to smoke after watching that sorry assed game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.