• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Adam Carriker is a Redskin

One of many experimental iterations ...

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

According to that other board :) a 5th round pick.

What does that leave us, a 1st, 4th and 7th?

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Pretty much Henry, yeah. Not sure how I feel about this. Seems like the "rich getting richer" within the team but I guess if it leads to a dominating defense it is tough to complain.

Aston Gambino

The UDFA
Reaction score

VCU

According to that other board :) a 5th round pick.

What does that leave us, a 1st, 4th and 7th?
Fine by me!

So you're telling me that two weeks ago, for three 5th rounders, one could acquire Santonio Holmes, Tenn Ginn, and Adam Carricker? Crazy.

I'm hardly a Rams fan, anyone know the deal with Carricker? Remember he was part of the Landry draft I think. Recall scouting him with Gaines Adams and Robert Ayers and the other defensive ends we didn't bother getting. Curious to know more about how he's done in St. Louis.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

Just heard this. Wonder what this means for Haynesworth or Rocky? We will be trading guys and getting some picks back.

Heard speculation this opens the door for Rams to trade for Osi Umenyiora? If they trade for Osi will this open door for Rams to take Okung and us trading out of 4th.

Going to be a wild couple of days.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I dreamt last night that despite all the prognostications, despite bringing in McNabb, Bradford somehow slipped to us and we picked him.

Crazy.

Last edited:

Hog Fever

Vescere bracis meis
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

He seems like a perfect fit at DE in a 3-4 system. Obviously he's been considered a bust to this point after being taken so high in 2007. I think he was injured all last year right?

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Fine by me!

So you're telling me that two weeks ago, for three 5th rounders, one could acquire Santonio Holmes, Tenn Ginn, and Adam Carricker? Crazy.

I'm hardly a Rams fan, anyone know the deal with Carricker? Remember he was part of the Landry draft I think. Recall scouting him with Gaines Adams and Robert Ayers and the other defensive ends we didn't bother getting. Curious to know more about how he's done in St. Louis.
Yeah. A pick for a name always seems great on paper, doesn't it?

Anyway, here's the only thing I could find about this guy, off a Rams board. They were discussing team depth:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/20786142?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

LDT- Adam Carriker, Chris Bradwell, Leger Douzable, and Fred Robbins. Big need Adam is always hurt maybe we should trade to Redskins.
I'm sure we'll find out a lot more now that the trade's happened.

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

He seems like a perfect fit at DE in a 3-4 system. Obviously he's been considered a bust to this point after being taken so high in 2007. I think he was injured all last year right?
He was. Injured a shoulder in pre-season and had season ending surgery on it.

Got to wonder why Spags would agree to letting him go though and if a defensive guru like him is letting a guy go, makes you wonder if he is all that at this point.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

Heard we got Carriker and swapped 5th round picks, so we dropped 20 spots. If true a good deal for us.

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah, I can live with that too if true. Swapping picks that deep in the draft is nearly like not giving them anything.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

I dreamt last night that despite all the prognostications, despite bringing in McNabb, Bradford somehow slipped to us and we picked him.

Crazy.
I think this has potential. Just pray Giants don't trade Osi Umenyoria to Rams.

Aston Gambino

The UDFA
Reaction score

VCU

Yeah, I can live with that too if true. Swapping picks that deep in the draft is nearly like not giving them anything.
We move from pick 135 to 163. Hardly think anyone in that group of 28 players will have the instant or long-term potential as Carriker, and the fact that Hasslet coached him personally means that he had to in some way vouched for him and blessed this move.

The old regime overpays for this move. The new regime does not. :claps:

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I like it - guy has got to have some serious natural ability to be drafted where he was, and while the injury thing is concerning, it also likely means we really haven't seen him at his best in the pro ranks. It's a pretty cheap risk to take with a lot of potential upside. Certainly no riskier than the Mike Williams experiment :)

Call me Ismail

The Rookie
Reaction score

RickMaese

Trade update: also swap 7th round picks. Skins move up in 7th round from 211 overall to rams' spot at 208 less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

From what I've read, Carriker has best year when Haslett was coach.

So we swap 5th and 7th round picks. Feel a Gibbs giggle coming on.

LoyalSkinsFan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

You know what I REALLY like about all this? That we have no idea about what's next. Yes, I'm a little unnerved that we're draft pick starved at the moment....but with a few purgeable bodies on the squad (Haynesworth, Landry, Carter, Campbell) I think that can be addressed. For what we've gained, I feel that overall we've given up very little. Even for McNabb. I'm looking so forward to seeing what happens over the next few days.

LOVE this......

HTTR

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Wow - I agree - that's almost a wash in terms of draft pick impact, not *nothing* but as close to it as you can get. The Rams must really be targeting someone in that 5th round that they're worried won't be there where they were sitting - hard to believe they have mapped it out that far, but it looks that way. I just don't quite get why they'd give the guy away at this price, injured/underperforming, or not?

Who is this front office anyway? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0