• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Thanks for Supporting BGO!

Thanks Posse. We may have you take a test run on the new digs for feedback prior to go-live. Appreciate you!

Hey brothers and sisters. Those who have been around for a while know I've been mostly silent on the Skins for 2-3 years now. Many reasons for that, many having to do with a whole lot of changes in real life (good ones), but I think mostly due to the decline of the franchise from the glory years under Gibbs 1.0 to the .... thing .... it's become over recent years.

The last 48 hours or so feel ... different.

I'm too fully formed at this point in my life not to recognize and remember how many times I and others have felt and said that in the last 20 years, and then inevitably watched it all circle the drain again. Each time, learning that rock bottom actually has a basement has taken a toll. I know it could happen again.

But ... I'm tellin ya ... this feels different. Reading your replies above, and finding myself seeking out articles and columns about the team and enjoying them instead of cringing and shaking my head, I can't help feeling like a major page is being turned. New decade, new digs ... new Redskins.

Been a long time since I've felt this good about what comes next.

Glad we'll be able to share this ride together.

Hey brothers and sisters. Those who have been around for a while know I've been mostly silent on the Skins for 2-3 years now. Many reasons for that, many having to do with a whole lot of changes in real life (good ones), but I think mostly due to the decline of the franchise from the glory years under Gibbs 1.0 to the .... thing .... it's become over recent years.

I'm too fully formed at this point in my life not to recognize and remember how many times I and others have felt and said that in the last 20 years, and then inevitably watched it all circle the drain again. Each time, learning that rock bottom actually has a basement has taken a toll. I know it could happen again.

But ... I'm tellin ya ... this feels different. Reading your replies above, and finding myself seeking out articles and columns about the team and enjoying them instead of cringing and shaking my head, I can't help feeling like a major page is being turned. New decade, new digs ... new Redskins.

This is where I've been for 48 hours now. Struggling not to let myself get caught up by this team again because - let's face it - it HAS "felt different" before, so I keep waiting for the sucker punch. I am leary of being "Dan Snyder'd" again but I've failed miserably. I've been living on Twitter, catching every rumor I can.

As I said on Twitter, at this point all I can do is hope that if my heart is as wrong as my head thinks it is, my head is strong enough to shield my heart if the time comes for that.

Last edited:

This is where I've been for 48 hours now. Struggling not to let myself get caught in it again because it is has "felt different" before so I keep waiting for the sucker punch. I've failed miserably. I've been living on Twitter, catching every rumor I can.

As I said on Twitter, at this point all I can do is hope that if my heart is as wrong as my head thinks it is, my head is good enough to shield my heart if the time comes for that.

Hearing you guys post is like a breath of fresh air

Glad to support and glad BGO will carry on!

And haha, yeah, I can't help it either. While I am doing so with caution, nixing Bruce and bringing in Rivera has produced a flicker of hope!

Thanks @Canadian Hog and @Enforcer for your donations and support! You guys are awesome :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where I've been for 48 hours now. Struggling not to let myself get caught up by this team again because - let's face it - it HAS "felt different" before, so I keep waiting for the sucker punch. I am leary of being "Dan Snyder'd" again but I've failed miserably. I've been living on Twitter, catching every rumor I can.

As I said on Twitter, at this point all I can do is hope that if my heart is as wrong as my head thinks it is, my head is strong enough to shield my heart if the time comes for that.

I don't know how many people will know the reference, but I feel like Randy Quaid on Major League 2.

I've been hosed by Snyder too many times. I will never believe again until this team makes a believer out of me. It felt different when Gibbs came back. That's all I'm saying. Feeling different could just be a new level of suck. Embrace the suck.

Many thoughts here a few days after the announcement. I didn't realize how much I'd miss this oasis when the decision was made to shut down. I knew I would, but it became clearer over the weeks how much I just loved to check in to see what others were saying. I don't post a ton, but love the comraderie even though that had slowed down this season. Since the announcement BGO would continue I've really enjoyed seeing people coming out of the woodwork to post. I'm sure most of that is due to the changes the Redskins are making, but it goes to show we have a group of people here that care what happens with this franchise and this site.

It's like a re-birth, all around.
- A new beginning at the top of the Redskins.
- A new beginning at BGO.
- Young, old-timers like Sarge and NavyDave are re-emerging.
Everything is starting anew.

Last edited:
Thanks to:

DixieFlatline
HogFever
SkinsOrlando
Posse Lover
john.hilker.9
Phat Hog
Chris
Burl
China
Kel Varnsen
Canadian Hog
Enforcer

for your generous donations!

We need a lot more help.

Periodically soliciting donations/member financial support will be a bigger focus going forward and the site's future viability will depend on greater support. In blunt Ron Rivera terms, that means that if you love the place and want it to continue in the long-term, we will need some occasional help financing it.

The owners have spent thousands of dollars over the past decade keeping BGO up and running with relatively minimal member support (although all support has always been greatly appreciated). We are not looking for huge donations. If everyone who is able to gave just a small amount a couple times a year, we would be in great shape.

Thanks again to those who have shown support already!

Last edited:
Thanks @Burgundy Burner for your donation - we appreciate it brother :cheers:

Thanks @Burgundy Burner for your donation - we appreciate it brother :cheers:

I did it through PayPal, so that is why I included an extra amount. I know they take a bit for themselves.

Thanks so much @SkinsFTW and to Ryan Taylor (recurring donation) for your generous donations - greatly appreciated folks!

Ryan - what is your username here brother?

Thanks to @Shi no Tenshi for your generous donation - appreciate it brother!

Thanks @Elephant for your generous donation - greatly appreciated brother!

Last edited:
Thanks so much @stevenaa for your super generous donation to the site - we appreciate you brother! :cheers:

Can't believe this place rose from the ashes 7 days ago and I'm just not seeing this thread. I was just lamenting yesterday about what I was going to do during the draft. I drove by another site ;) and tried, but oh my!!!!! I'm so stoked you guys decided to keep this going. Lean on the community. I know asking for money can be emotionally difficult, so I would suggest you set up a couple fundraising weeks each year. Maybe one just before and after the season. Leave a donation link available year long, of course. I can't tell you how happy I am about this. I'm actually giddy. And I agree with Mark, this feels different. Here's to hoping and believing and getting to share it with all of you. Hail!!!!

Can't believe this place rose from the ashes 7 days ago and I'm just not seeing this thread. I was just lamenting yesterday about what I was going to do during the draft. I drove by another site ;) and tried, but oh my!!!!! I'm so stoked you guys decided to keep this going. Lean on the community. I know asking for money can be emotionally difficult, so I would suggest you set up a couple fundraising weeks each year. Maybe one just before and after the season. Leave a donation link available year long, of course. I can't tell you how happy I am about this. I'm actually giddy. And I agree with Mark, this feels different. Here's to hoping and believing and getting to share it with all of you. Hail!!!!

It's certainly didn't hurt to have what appears to be a new start happening about the same time. But honestly, it was the reaction and sentiment from you guys that led us to re-think things. We're reenergized and are in the process of putting a new site together. Thanks for the validation and again for the generosity!

It's certainly didn't hurt to have what appears to be a new start happening about the same time. But honestly, it was the reaction and sentiment from you guys that led us to re-think things. We're reenergized and are in the process of putting a new site together. Thanks for the validation and again for the generosity!

It's like coming home to the wife and bitching/venting about something that happened in the day. Even though she's not the target of my frustration, she feels like a target none the less. I'm sure you guys have to suffer from that as well. Just remember, all the bitching, venting and grumping is solely directed at the team. The flip side is when Ron Burgundy get's things going, you'll be able to bask in the glory and praise that's sure to flow. :) Seriously though, so many of us have commiserated over this team together for decades, it's truly a feeling of family in some ways. I want to rejoice together. I don't know where we're headed, but I do believe it's in the up direction.

Thanks Noah Taylor (sorry - not sure of your screen name) for your donation! It is greatly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.