• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

4 Caps enter into Covid protocol

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
This stings. 4 of our best players, including arguably the best shooter in the NHL, will be on the shelf for the next 4 games due to breaking Covid protocols. To my knowledge there is no positive test here, just a violation of NHL policies.

Yeah hopefully they don't lose all 4, come on guys you're not in Russia playing

Yeah hopefully they don't lose all 4, come on guys you're not in Russia playing

rules are rules but this is kind of dumb.

These guys play on the ice together, sit basically on top of each other on the bench, travel together, run into people on the ice... it's kind of dumb but... rules is rules.

I agree, OMG guys around each other all the time were in the same room without face masks but whatever the overlords of the NHL say is the edict

Now we're starting to have a different conversation...

Two things on this topic. The first is that whatever the rules are, they need to follow them. Some of the rules these leagues have do seem kind of dumb. Others seem to be overkill. But we saw the alternative last spring which is not playing at all. The players have to decide if they want to play, they need to follow the rules.

Second thing is that with the Samsonov positive, hopefully they see why these rules are in place. Since he tested positive and they were around him, now they have to quarantine to ensure their isn't an outbreak. If one of them got it as well, then they could risk it with the whole team.

There is a responsibility that these players need to show. I don't know much about Samsonov, but I know the other 3 aren't known for their responsibility. However, this is a unique situation and they have to realize that if they break the rules, it's not just a punishment they may or may not get. They could get into a situation where games are cancelled like what happened with the Hurricanes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.