• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Roster Updates

Hunter Henry notified he will NOT be tagged

Just to share a couple of my comments on Henry from our podcast last night - DC is not going to be a desirable destination for Henry for a lot of reasons. Setting aside DC itself (it ain’t Tampa or California), you’ve got ton of drama with the owner, and no clear QB. That leaves the only way to entice Henry here being a huge contract. While we have a big war heat this year, we don’t want to spend half of it on a TE.

And I have concerns about his durability. He’s the top TE free agent for sure in terms of production. But in 5 seasons he has already missed 25 games. TE’s don’t get healthier as they get older, so for me that is very concerning.

There are younger, more durable, high ceiling TEs we can sign who won’t cost us anywhere near what Henry would.

Very well said, Boone.

You need to look no further than what the Browns did with Hooper a year ago. They paid the guy top dollar and our bargain basement signing of Logan Thomas ended up outshining him by quite a bit. At the end of the day, we have a guy already in Thomas who is likely only going to get better in the next year or two and is already operating on a cheap contract. Targets at the TE position are likely going to go through him first, as this is a guy who was specifically targeted by our staff last offseason and someone they think highly of already. A complementary TE piece on the cheaper end of the salary grid with upside is definitely the way to go.

Big Ben has to be wondering what the hell they're doing. His old ass just signed up to come back this year....and this?!

I don’t think they know what they are doing. They also drafted Mason Rudolph and don’t seem to have any idea whether he’s the future or not?

Very well said, Boone.

You need to look no further than what the Browns did with Hooper a year ago. They paid the guy top dollar and our bargain basement signing of Logan Thomas ended up outshining him by quite a bit. At the end of the day, we have a guy already in Thomas who is likely only going to get better in the next year or two and is already operating on a cheap contract. Targets at the TE position are likely going to go through him first, as this is a guy who was specifically targeted by our staff last offseason and someone they think highly of already. A complementary TE piece on the cheaper end of the salary grid with upside is definitely the way to go.

I sort of regret characterizing our current TEs beyond Logan as a ‘bunch of scrubs’ last night. That’s not a fair way to describe them. We’d have called Thomas a scrub before last season. I just don’t think any of the other guys are ‘hidden gems’ like we found in Thomas.

The news I’m waiting for is whether or not the Titans tag Jonnu Smith. If they don’t he should be a TE we definitely go after...

I sort of regret characterizing our current TEs beyond Logan as a ‘bunch of scrubs’ last night. That’s not a fair way to describe them. We’d have called Thomas a scrub before last season. I just don’t think any of the other guys are ‘hidden gems’ like we found in Thomas.

The news I’m waiting for is whether or not the Titans tag Jonnu Smith. If they don’t he should be a TE we definitely go after...

they have just over 90 minutes, the deadline is 4pm eastern unless the NFL decides to push it out at the absolute last minute

I want to see us be aggressive as hell this FA period. We rarely have the kind of cap room we have this season and we need to dispense with the conservatism and be super active and aggressive. My goal would be to grab at least 2 very good starters at positions of need and 2 potential backups in Free agency.

I think if they were going to extend it we’d already know that.

I think if they were going to extend it we’d already know that.

I dont know, reports have been rolling in over the last hour or so, so I think teams have been waiting as long as possible to see if the deadline gets extended. The final cap number has not been announced so that likely is a big reason for it.

Honestly, a lot of vets on the wrong side of 30, just like Kerrigan, are going to see their value suffer this year because of the pending cap reduction. That is going to have the two-fold effect of flooding the market with talented guys when teams struggle to get under the number while also decreasing the available funds to spend on those guys

I won't be surprised if we don't see a lot of retirements this year because guys can't get the money they feel they are worth and won't play on a vet minimum + bonuses deal.

Honestly, a lot of vets on the wrong side of 30, just like Kerrigan, are going to see their value suffer this year because of the pending cap reduction. That is going to have the two-fold effect of flooding the market with talented guys when teams struggle to get under the number while also decreasing the available funds to spend on those guys

I won't be surprised if we don't see a lot of retirements this year because guys can't get the money they feel they are worth and won't play on a vet minimum + bonuses deal.

and A LOT of short term deals. I assume agents are going to be pushing their clients HARD for 1 year deals and retest free agency next year when they have a better idea of the trajectory of the cap.

Tags still coming in...

and aren't the Saints some obscene amount over the cap?

Saints are 58 Million over the cap according to this site: Over the Cap

Most over the cap:
Saints
Rams
Eagles
Chiefs
Bears

Most under:
Jags
Jets
Pats
Colts
Bengals
The Good Guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.