• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Roster Updates

I haven't been able to find a quote from Fowler but this would not surprise me at all...

I would imagine that if he suits up for Washington it will be at a reduced salary that could work for both sides.

If we were to release Alex outright we carry around a $10 mil cap hit which is the remainder of his initial signing bonus. If Alex is released he is guaranteed $0 at this point from us. It may be possible that Alex agrees to restructure his contract down to around $2.5mil in 2021 and $4-5 mil in 2022. We then convert $8 mil to a signing bonus that he receives at the time of signing and that gets pro-rated across the two years of the deal. That would make Alex's cap hit around $11 mil this year (almost the same as if we outright released him) and $14 mil (i think...) next year if he somehow returns. If he retires or is released after this season his cap hit would be around $9mil, likely with a recovering cap and even more money to spend.

I don't think Alex has the idea that he's going to get paid $24mil to be a backup. I also don't think anyone brings him in to start. His value is as a spot backup / mentor at this point.... so would he even want to do that anywhere else? He's a year into this system, with these trainers. His surgical team that worked on his leg is at Inova Fairfax.... the only real reason I see him wanting to go elsewhere would be to chase a ring, and I don't know if there are any true contending teams beating down his door to be a mentor... at least not many options that have a better shot than we do...

I saw today on the rumor mill that the Team is supposedly showing a lot of interest in Marriota. I said it in the QB thread that I don’t think he’s that much better than Allen or Heinicke. So I’m not in favor of giving up anything for at best a slight upgrade at QB. I’m fine with the team shooting their shot on a guy who can be an upgrade and lead the team for years to come. I just don’t think you have that in Marriota, so I hope they don’t give up anything to get him.

Last edited:
I would love Crowder back under new management...but, not for his asking price.

Please do NOT give up ANY defensive lineman!!

unless we do a sign and trade with Kerrigan!

Please do NOT give up ANY defensive lineman!!

unless we do a sign and trade with Kerrigan!

somebody pointed out that Chicago doesn't even have the cap space to pull this off so it's not really even possible unless they start purging players now. The deadline for the franchise tag is the start of the new league year so it's not like they can wait til free agency starts and do it then.

here is what is also funny about that

Wentz is rumored to be going there last I heard, right?

You sign a QB and get rid of the best WR you got?

That is the kind of shit Vinny would have done!

here is what is also funny about that

Wentz is rumored to be going there last I heard, right?

You sign a QB and get rid of the best WR you got?

That is the kind of shit Vinny would have done!

Who knows lol

Not sure how i feel about us 'soon beginning talks'

we're less than a month from the start of free agency, if were gonna ink a deal we better do it quick.

It seems like every negotiation is like that. Nothing ever gets done ahead of time. It’s always wait until the last minute.

I think that's driven by the agent - not the team. The team has an incentive to get done deals early. The agent and player usually benefit by putting max pressure on their current employer (and there's that whole thing about player contracts almost always getting heftier the longer things go on).

984 yards last year...not bad.

I like the idea of going QB and OT in the draft and using free agency to acquire linebackers and wide receivers.

Perhaps we can select an OT at #19 and then move up in the second round to take Mac Jones. There is some feeling he will drop once the first 4 qbs are off the board.

I agree, I don't see Marcus Mariota as a quarterback that is going to take Washington to the next level. I would hate to see us give up a valuable draft pick for a guy that was picked up for nothing off the street by the Raiders a year ago.

He started ONE game in 2020 for the Raiders during the regular season.

That's less time than Heinicke was on the field total and in a lot lower leverage situation for his team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.