• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Roster Updates

He'll be 33 this season, his production is slipping (some of that could be as much the Bengals offense the last couple of years as his decline), and he missed half the season in 2019 due to an ankle injury. I guess if we need a 'bridge' guy, he's a pretty capable one. He is claiming not to be looking for a big payday, but wants to win and have fun again.

I am not in the AJ Green camp... severely fallen off and at 33, for what we would have to pay him, I think we can do a lot better.

He would make sense for a ‘win now’ team like the Bucs or the Rams. I don’t think he makes sense for us either unless they are planning to use this years draft for other positions and need a stop gap at WR for a season or two.

I actually think we're closer to 'win now' but I don't know that he gives us what we actually need at the cost he's gonna command, that there are other WRs out there that bring more to our table and cost less...

Go Harmon - get healthy!

Boone threw this up in Breaking News, figured it made sense to put it here as we now have a QB under contract for 2 more seasons

that is a great deal even for a quality backup.

We paid Colt McCoy $7M to play for Jay Gruden.

At least Heinicke can actually function as a quarterback, throwing and running with the ball.

I would not be shocked if we settle with the QBs we have on roster already.

Wentz, Dak, Watson...all are way too expensive for the little they offer.

Carr isn't really being offered even though we inquired.

I would not be shocked if we settle with the QBs we have on roster already.

Wentz, Dak, Watson...all are way too expensive for the little they offer.

Carr isn't really being offered even though we inquired.

More and more i tend to agree with you. We swung at Stafford and it appears we never actually had a pitch to swing at, it was going to be LA no matter what.

I think we draft a mid round QB with the idea of development and depending on Alex we look at a short term bridge QB. If Alex want's to stay I think he restructures. If we release him he's a $10mil dead cap hit but we save $14mil. If we restructure his remaining 2 years down to backup QB money, we could likely get his 2021 cap hit down close to that $10 mil number so it's the same cost, but he stay on the team as a backup for at least another season. I don't think any team brings him in to start at this point, it would be a mentorship backup role pretty much anywhere.

I don't see us keeping him at his current number... if he refuses to restructure, I think we release him.

I think what you are seeing is Washington going window shopping at the quarterback position but the team is limited in what it wants to give up for a player and with the demand among 8-9 teams around the league for starters the winner of these sweepstakes is going to have to outbid the others which means overpaying.

Rivera is in essence looking at leather jackets that will sticker at $1,200 at various stores and hoping he can walk around until he finds one for $800 :giggle:

It's not going to happen.

Trying to get Derek Carr for the #19 pick likely wouldn't be enough. A #2 pick may not even be enough for Sam Darnold given SF and Denver's interest.

I’d give up a 1st and a 3rd for Carr and wouldn’t blink an eye doing it. But that might not even be enough.

There is a major developing story here that Russell Wilson and Seattle are no longer seeing eye to eye. Wilson made a comment about how he's tired of getting his head kicked in, and Seattle is not happy about him airing his grievances in public. I don't know that we necessarily make a move but if Vegas see's the slightly reduced price tag of Wilson vs Watson they could pull the trigger... causing Carr being moved to gain a lot of steam.

If we could find ourselves in the Russell Wilson conversation... that's crazy. If they move him it'll likely be at LEAST 2 first round picks PLUS....

seriously...if someone like Stafford goes for the price he just got....Russell is going to be minority owner, heir to the throne, have his own butler in his deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.