• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Roster Updates

If true it means we're clearly not set at LT... I know... duh...

I mean - even if Charles ultimately is the guy, they have no way of knowing if he can be at this point - right?

The Orlando Brown situation is kind of crazy. He is absolutely against playing right tackle for them. He subbed in for Ronnie Stanley when he got hurt last year, but then Stanley returned and is so good, there's no way they can make any promises to Brown. The kid is just 24 years old. I don't know what it would take to get him, but that would be a huge win for us if we could somehow land him. But if there are truly 7 teams, we'll have to pay through the nose for him, and I'd rather we just pick an OT with our first or 2nd pick.

The fact that we are trying to fill that slot with a trade makes me wonder if we have a move up in the first in the works...

I mean - even if Charles ultimately is the guy, they have no way of knowing if he can be at this point - right?

The Orlando Brown situation is kind of crazy. He is absolutely against playing right tackle for them. He subbed in for Ronnie Stanley when he got hurt last year, but then Stanley returned and is so good, there's no way they can make any promises to Brown. The kid is just 24 years old. I don't know what it would take to get him, but that would be a huge win for us if we could somehow land him. But if there are truly 7 teams, we'll have to pay through the nose for him, and I'd rather we just pick an OT with our first or 2nd pick.

The fact that we are trying to fill that slot with a trade makes me wonder if we have a move up in the first in the works...

BB threw that out in the pod and it really resonated with me.... We all believed LT was a priority and this is a confirmation of that. It's very possible that Brown warrants a 1st round pick because of the fact that's a LT and 24 years old. Look what Tunsil went for.

Don’t know. He’s huge. 6’ 8” and 355 lbs huge. But he was a 3rd round pick, not a first rounder. He had a terrible NFL combine and ran one of the slowest 40’s of any of the OL. That definitely dropped him down some boards. Most scouts had him rated the 4th or 5th best OT in that draft, some like Mayock much lower. Not saying that’s right as he could have gone in the 1st or 2nd round if he’d performed well at the Combine instead of tanking there.

But are we really going to give up a first to the team that used a 3rd on him? I think he showed he can start at LT at the NFL level and I get those guys are hard to find. But a 1st rounder seems steep based on a year of substitute play.

Don’t know. He’s huge. 6’ 8” and 355 lbs huge. But he was a 3rd round pick, not a first rounder. He had a terrible NFL combine and ran one of the slowest 40’s of any of the OL. That definitely dropped him down some boards. Most scouts had him rated the 4th or 5th best OT in that draft, some like Mayock much lower. Not saying that’s right as he could have gone in the 1st or 2nd round if he’d performed well at the Combine instead of tanking there.

But are we really going to give up a first to the team that used a 3rd on him? I think he showed he can start at LT at the NFL level and I get those guys are hard to find. But a 1st rounder seems steep based on a year of substitute play.

I didn't say that's what I would pay for him, but someone will.

Likely someone who feels they're a LT away from making a serious run.... that COULD be Washington. I'm not a huge fan of him asking for a trade simply because he wants to be LT but I do get it. The money on the left side is a lot easier to justify than the right, but it also means signing him back after giving up a lot of draft capital is going to come at a premium because he's clearly going to want max money. This is why I don't pull the trigger. You have to give up a 1st round pick AND you don't get the luxury of having a startling LT on a rookie deal for 5 years.

Wasn’t saying it was a bad idea to trade for him, just question the cost (like you) given I don’t think he’s proven (YET) he’s a difference making LT. Then again, he does look legit and legit LTs are so hard to find so I’m torn.

I have no issue with him as far as his trade status - as he has made it clear that he never demanded a trade. He did give them 2 years at RT and he’s obviously going to leave in 2 years anyway since they are set at LT. He just made it clear that he wants an NFL career as a LT and that has always been his plan. I think the team gets that and the Ravens are just trying to accommodate him. It would be a win win for all involved.

Maybe we’re over-thinking it. He could be our LT for the next decade and he does still have 2 seasons left on his rookie deal if they do the 5th year option... Regardless of where he was drafted, that’s worth a 1st round pick all day every day. I worry it might take even more than that. And let’s be honest, for some reason it’s never as satisfying trading for a guy with a 1st round pick vs. drafting one. If we can get one of the top LTs in the upcoming draft and get more years of rookie salary, I guess it makes sense.

Wasn’t saying it was a bad idea to trade for him, just question the cost (like you) given I don’t think he’s proven (YET) he’s a difference making LT. Then again, he does look legit and legit LTs are so hard to find so I’m torn.

I have no issue with him as far as his trade status - as he has made it clear that he never demanded a trade. He did give them 2 years at RT and he’s obviously going to leave in 2 years anyway since they are set at LT. He just made it clear that he wants an NFL career as a LT and that has always been his plan. I think the team gets that and the Ravens are just trying to accommodate him. It would be a win win for all involved.

Maybe we’re over-thinking it. He could be our LT for the next decade and he does still have 2 seasons left on his rookie deal if they do the 5th year option... Regardless of where he was drafted, that’s worth a 1st round pick all day every day. I worry it might take even more than that. And let’s be honest, for some reason it’s never as satisfying trading for a guy with a 1st round pick vs. drafting one. If we can get one of the top LTs in the upcoming draft and get more years of rookie salary, I guess it makes sense.

Ultimately I'll be a little surprised if anything happens with him, or Scherff for that matter, before the draft. There are a lot of good OTs in the top 2 rounds of this draft so giving up a 1st (potentially more), then your top OT is on the board when you would have been picking would be frustrating as all hell.

Well, we all have seen what Mike Mayock has done in Oakland with personnel.

Brown can play LT. I wouldn't worry about Charles, last year there was an article (can't remember from where) that indicated the coaching staff and OL coach Masko was looking at playing Charles inside at OG and that may be his future position in the NFL.

Besides, if we have a guy that is a starter at OG who can swing out and play OT when needed that is one less big salary we need to keep on the roster.

Ultimately I'll be a little surprised if anything happens with him, or Scherff for that matter, before the draft. There are a lot of good OTs in the top 2 rounds of this draft so giving up a 1st (potentially more), then your top OT is on the board when you would have been picking would be frustrating as all hell.

Yeah, I think I agree Derek. Find our guy in the draft where we take full advantage of the initial contract and don’t subject ourselves to the inflated price that multiple teams jockeying to pick up Brown creates.

was just coming to share this lol

Here is a little more context, and for what it's worth he said we were very interested in Mariota earlier in the year.

1617840472602.png

1617840424817.png

I think he's purely speculating. And I don't think Trey Lance falls far enough for 'minimize the cost' to be in play.

Mike Lombardi has never been right on one Redskins move he's ever predicted.

He knows nothing.

If we do go after Brown and sign a veteran linebacker right before the draft, then it may be more believable that Washington is going to go all in for a quarterback as the other spots are addressed.

But given what San Francisco had to give up to move up, I don't see Washington surrendering a Robert Griffin-type haul to get Lance.

Lance is an intriguing player but to me he has some bust potential in there as well.

I don't think Rivera is actually a 'Riverboat' gambler as his reputation would make you think.

Yes, they made the big offer to Amari Cooper but other than that the team really hasn't shelled out mega-bucks for anyone.

And the trades have been middle round type deals - #5 for Kyle Allen, etc.

Well that tells us what they think about Moss I guess... he's been a subject on a couple different pods we've had.

Yep. We need a TE.

You should sit in on our Sunday night pod - let us know if you’re interested...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.