• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Draft Thread - Officially pick 19th - 1st post updated with picks

I think it's nearly impossible not to go QB if you're sitting there with a top 5 pick, unless you absolutely have a franchise starter with many years left of play ahead of him. Nearly impossible.

It's just the nature of the position. No other player other than the center has the ball in his hands on every offensive play. The impact of having a great player there vs. not - well, we are the poster child for that argument.

Assuming RR sticks with Allen my order of preference would be something like...
1. LT
2. WR
3. FS
4. TE
5. OL
6. FS/CB
7. K

Assuming RR sticks with Allen my order of preference would be something like...
1. LT
2. WR
3. FS
4. TE
5. OL
6. FS/CB
7. K

well as of this moment we pick 9th so chances are QB is out of the equation if you're talking about 1st round pick. If we find ourselves winning the division then regardless of record, the earliest we can pick is 15 if i'm not mistaken.

well as of this moment we pick 9th so chances are QB is out of the equation if you're talking about 1st round pick. If we find ourselves winning the division then regardless of record, the earliest we can pick is 15 if i'm not mistaken.

Agree, I can’t see the team tanking enough for a top 5 pick to snag the top QB. The J-E-T-S got that Lawrence in their sights and may not win a game until they secure the 1st pick.

this team needs to quit messing around on lineman picks though.

I always think teams should have the philosophy of not looking at a specific position in a specific round. That leads to teams reaching and passing up talent that could help the team because they want to pick a specific position. Having said that, getting a stud tackle has to be a priority. Improving the O-Line needs to be a priority.

I always think teams should have the philosophy of not looking at a specific position in a specific round. That leads to teams reaching and passing up talent that could help the team because they want to pick a specific position. Having said that, getting a stud tackle has to be a priority. Improving the O-Line needs to be a priority.

100%

Passing a 'better' player at a position of 'less' need in order to fill a hole is a dangerous practice.

I can viably see us looking at someone like Etienne, possibly in the 2nd half of the first round if we find ourselves winning this division. At that point it's likely that the top tackles are off the board, 4 QBs have been drafted, and the only interior lineman I want to use 16 on would be Creed Humphrey if he fell that far. Etienne is a WEAPON. We could viably have him, Gibson, and McKissic on the field at the same time.

This team is short of weapons, and he fits that mold. He's not my first choice, he's likely not my 5th choice. But if we find ourselves picking 16 and we're able to get our 6th choice? That's a pretty good thing.

This guy is rocketing up draft boards for good reason....

1604269025621.png

current... and how much are you kicking yourself if you're Houston? Miami is set up for a hell of a jumpstart to keep that team building.

Its scary to think this team could have the current roster, and exchange Haskins for DK Metcalf.....

Strength of schedule update puts us currently picking no. 3 overall

Draft Order - 11-17.png

We can do better. Go Skins!

Now that we're in the division lead, we've moved to the 19th pick in the draft due to the playoffs.

I have a feeling we could see this guy wearing our colors 12 months from now.

Sadly, a likely scenario for the season is that, just as we start stringing together wins and looking like an eventual division winner, the season will be abruptly halted due to COVID outbreaks. The result - we accomplish little of meaning in terms of franchise progression this year, and in the meantime, have just enough success to ensure we can't select the QB of the future with a high draft pick.

It appears we will not be in position to take a QB in the first round that I personally would be comfortable with.... if we ultimately win the division we pick no better than 19th.... At that point Lawrence, Fields (still not 100% on him), and Wilson will be gone. A name to watch into the 2nd, and maybe even 3rd round is Desmond Ridder out of Cincinnati.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.