• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2021 Draft Thread - Officially pick 19th - 1st post updated with picks

I stand by the post - you don’t need to anonymize it. Lawrence is going to be a special NFL QB. Almost any expenditure required to obtain him will be worth it.

So we don’t get Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. I’m fine with it. I have confidence that Ron and co will get us a very viable alternative. No way we can afford to get rid of Chase or Terry. Their value to this team is immeasurable.

I stand by the post - you don’t need to anonymize it. Lawrence is going to be a special NFL QB. Almost any expenditure required to obtain him will be worth it.

He may very well be, but no way I’d risk it by giving up Young & Mac for one player. The 2 you’ve mentioned contribute too much to jettison this early in their careers. The WFT from a team standpoint can’t afford to lose any resources (besides $) for any future success.

He may very well be, but no way I’d risk it by giving up Young & Mac for one player. The 2 you’ve mentioned contribute too much to jettison this early in their careers. The WFT from a team standpoint can’t afford to lose any resources (besides $) for any future success.

Young OR McLaurin and a swap of our 1st. Not both :)
I get how wildly unpopular that move would be. But without a real QB under center, those guys careers will be largely wasted. The only thing that keeps a roster together past single contracts is the prospect of long term success and being part of a great team. I don't believe we'll ever return to that kind of success until we find a QB. That justifies a steep cost imho.

We may have to agree to pay Collins remaining salary to convince anyone to take him off our hands :)

True...but just to sweeten our pot I’d throw in Payne to boot. Very solid DT, just not a game changer like Young. It also lets the WFT breathe a little easier signing the d-line long term.

Hope you are right. I still think Collins is a very good player, just don't believe he's versatile enough to be a difference making defender. But in THIS defense, he won't have to be.

I want to see more of a Jamal Adams type use. Let him play down hill. Safety blitzes, cover the flat, almost like a hybrid LB / S role that kind of just roams around the LOS. If the D-line can continue with pressure and we can get a MLB that can play in coverage, you can use Collins the way he was used in NY instead of asking him to be a center field safety.

Aaron Rodgers was taken #24 and Marino went #27.

It’s not so much where you are picking as WHO is doing the picking 😎😎😎😎😎

I'd like to think that at some point today, Dan Snyder thought to himself 'boy - I really screwed this one up!' but I know he's not man enough to ever have that kind of self-examination and personal growth.

I'd like to think that at some point today, Dan Snyder thought to himself 'boy - I really screwed this one up!' but I know he's not man enough to ever have that kind of self-examination and personal growth.

nah never... he probably feels the same way Haskins does

'But I beat out Burrow and I should have gone 6 to the Giants... surely it aint my fault...'

Sleeper QB option into what's shaping up to be a VERY deep QB draft

A host of top quarterbacks in the NFL went after the top 10 in the draft. Good organizations can find them.

BTW, if Deshaun Watson is really going to be made available by the Texans he IS worth a boatload of draft picks. He's a sure thing.

It's funny - I imagine most people who would object to trading top picks for Watson are some of the same ones that thought all the picks for Griffin were OK to get a 'top prospect' back in 2012.

BTW, if Deshaun Watson is really going to be made available by the Texans he IS worth a boatload of draft picks. He's a sure thing.

It's funny - I imagine most people who would object to trading top picks for Watson are some of the same ones that thought all the picks for Griffin were OK to get a 'top prospect' back in 2012.

of all the QBs people have speculated trading for, Watson is the only one I would be on board with trading big money for him. It's impossible to think that he's only 25.

Obviously a big difference between a proven player and a QB ‘prospect’ with the high bust potential when drafting a QB.

I think that folks willing to give up anything to move up and get Griffin we’re more focused on the Redskins finally have the chance to draft a ‘top’ 1-2 rated QB given the epic struggle to fine even an above average QB in DC.

The truth is, if it were possible to know a QB in the NFL draft was going to be a true franchise QB for a decade, it really might be worth 3 first rounders or a while years draft picks to get him. But you can never be that sure.

I know Watson is super talented, but I want a more traditional QB who is super accurate passing the ball. Just my personal preference. And as Watson gets older, all that running may well not work out as well...

Obviously a big difference between a proven player and a QB ‘prospect’ with the high bust potential when drafting a QB.

I think that folks willing to give up anything to move up and get Griffin we’re more focused on the Redskins finally have the chance to draft a ‘top’ 1-2 rated QB given the epic struggle to fine even an above average QB in DC.

The truth is, if it were possible to know a QB in the NFL draft was going to be a true franchise QB for a decade, it really might be worth 3 first rounders or a while years draft picks to get him. But you can never be that sure.

I know Watson is super talented, but I want a more traditional QB who is super accurate passing the ball. Just my personal preference. And as Watson gets older, all that running may well not work out as well...

YearAgeTmPosNo.GGSQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%1DLngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateQBRSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%4QCGWDAV
201722HOUqb4763-3-012620461.81699199.383.985728.38.413.5242.7103.083.5191167.107.198.57
2018*23HOUQB4161611-5-034550568.34165265.191.8215738.28.512.1260.3103.161.8623846.676.8710.95516
2019*24HOUQB4151510-5-033349567.33852265.3122.4191547.87.711.6256.898.070.5442576.676.638.23516
2020*25HOUQB416164-12-038254470.24823336.171.3221778.99.512.6301.4112.471.0492937.648.228.3

Career
54 53 28-25-01186174867.8145391045.9362.1712778.38.612.3269.2104.517410507.027.269.181039

Career 67.8%, 70.2% this year

League leader in yards the year after they traded away a top 5 WR in the game.

If we learned anything from that RGIII disaster I would hope it would be that its never a great idea to mortgage your future in hopes of catching a star . It can set you back a long time if it doesn't work out for whatever reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.