NCAA Football

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Well, there is some football that has me excited. Hearing very goods things about our new head coach at FSU, Mike Norvell. He coached Memphis the last few years to some success, just hope he can step into his new role to return my Seminoles to their glory.

They don't have us in the top 25, but I think that changes a few games into the season.

#GoNoles

Who you got?

Not a good way to begin your career in Tallahassee. I will say, he is kinda hamstrung at the QB position, Blackmon has never been that good, but still...you simply cannot let your team lose a game at home you should have won.

Well, it is admittedly a small sample size, but it is sad how far the Seminoles have fallen from their longtime elite status. Losing to the Rambling Wreck and now this. Norvell certainly has his work cut out for him.

Ohio St vs Michigan just cancelled

Harbaugh is doing all he can to save his job....but, it aint gonna work!

Big 10 realized now they gotta do something or OSU won't be eligible for the playoffs... They delayed their conference start so the best they can do now is scramble.

I think Harbaugh did that on purpose to try to mess with them as well as his fear of being fired having 0 wins.

The Buckeyes won't make enough noise in the playoffs to matter though.

I think Harbaugh did that on purpose to try to mess with them as well as his fear of being fired having 0 wins.

The Buckeyes won't make enough noise in the playoffs to matter though.

I dont know.. At a minimum they would be fun to watch.

They are likely BIG TIME Alabama fans this weekend because if Florida finds a way to beat Bama, and Clemson beats Notre Dame determining the top 4 is going to be an absolute nightmare. Best thing for OSU is for Bama to beat Florida, so it's Bama, UND, Clemson, and OSU.

Last edited:
Ohio St is dealing with a ton of covid issues is my statement. They barely have the players to field a team so far. Beating up on Michigan St doesn't make them powerhouses. Any of those teams will walk through the Buckeyes.

If I am going to pull for one outside of the buckeyes its going to be the Irish as the darkhorse.

Ohio St is dealing with a ton of covid issues is my statement. They barely have the players to field a team so far. Beating up on Michigan St doesn't make them powerhouses. Any of those teams will walk through the Buckeyes.

If I am going to pull for one outside of the buckeyes its going to be the Irish as the darkhorse.

I didn't see reports that they had a current issue with multiple positives, I thought it was on the Michigan side... That's tough.

They'll now be playing Northwestern next weekend for the Big 10 title.. I guess we will see if they can pull it together... if they win, it's gonna be hard to keep them out of the playoff... and the first round of games in the playoff isn't til January 1.

Ryan Day isn't even coaching right now because he tested positive. and the game against Illinois was canceled due to it.

I had read that Harbaugh canceled it due to concerns of that. I am just now seeing it is because his own team has it.

They should beat Northwestern. It is the ones you mentioned I see the issue with.

Ryan Day isn't even coaching right now because he tested positive. and the game against Illinois was canceled due to it.

I had read that Harbaugh canceled it due to concerns of that. I am just now seeing it is because his own team has it.

They should beat Northwestern. It is the ones you mentioned I see the issue with.

Part of the problem that I see... and this is not to get political, just a statement of policy, is that the big 10 requires a 21 day quarantine for a positive test. That seems excessive to me and could explain a lot of these issues. We're talking about someone who tests positive today would not be eligible to return to the team until the day before the NCAA playoffs start. When you're talking 3 weeks is going to kill your season.

They are likely BIG TIME Alabama fans this weekend because if Florida finds a way to beat Bama, and Clemson beats Notre Dame determining the top 4 is going to be an absolute nightmare. Best thing for OSU is for Bama to beat Florida, so it's Bama, UND, Clemson, and OSU.

Which is complete bullshit because teams like Florida and Texas A&M who beat Florida, have been beating quality SEC teams all year. AND I HATE UF!!!! (#gonoles)

Florida lost to a team ranked 8 when they lost to A&M and A&M lost to Bama who was ranked #2 when they lost to them...

...but OSU gets in the playoffs winning only 6 games to a bunch of Big Ten scrubs?

OSU should be disqualified from any discussion of the playoffs.

Nobody asked the Seminoles fan for his opinion!

O-H!!!

Which is complete bullshit because teams like Florida and Texas A&M who beat Florida, have been beating quality SEC teams all year. AND I HATE UF!!!! (#gonoles)

Florida lost to a team ranked 8 when they lost to A&M and A&M lost to Bama who was ranked #2 when they lost to them...

...but OSU gets in the playoffs winning only 6 games to a bunch of Big Ten scrubs?

OSU should be disqualified from any discussion of the playoffs.

If you go by the eye test, OSU is one of the best teams in the country... They're just in a bad conference, and has had their only 'premium' matchups be cancelled. I would have been interested to see OSU vs MD, as well as OSU vs Mich but both games getting the axe killed those chances.

You just better hope that Dan Snyder does not force Rivera to draft Justin Fields!
why would we when Smith is under contract and winning?

Also, do you think the Patriots were overrated when they won their super bowls? Because they were in a horrible division.

They are who they are. They dominate the teams they need to and play hard every year. Florida may deserve it, but they are in a very tough conference.

If you go by the eye test...

What eye, though?

Do the eye test to look at the competition teams like OSU play in the Big Ten, compared to the eye test of teams UF and A&M have beaten all year in the SEC.

I used to hate listening to SEC fans talk about how great the conference is, but there is simply no denying the competition.

This is the same exact argument people who clamored for a playoff used to have, 4 teams is not enough. It should be 6 or 8, then make them play it out. Conference finals are not enough, because OSU rarely has a quality opponent.

Ohio St dominates. They have for decades. They recruit and have an amazing program.

They deserve to be there.

why would we when Smith is under contract and winning?

Also, do you think the Patriots were overrated when they won their super bowls? Because they were in a horrible division.

They are who they are. They dominate the teams they need to and play hard every year. Florida may deserve it, but they are in a very tough conference.

Yes, I think a HUGE part of the Patriots success was being in such a horrible division. It was almost a guaranteed 5 or 6 wins a year, helping them cement home field on many occasions for the playoffs.

But that is a poor comparison because we're talking about an entirely different structure.

The NFL is determined by an extensive playoff picture teams earn a spot with determining data, win/losses along with definitive tie breaking situations.

In college, they have the top 4 teams have a playoff with no fungible data to determine the teams in tie-break situations. It is a group of people making the determination based on...what?

Ohio St dominates. They have for decades. They recruit and have an amazing program.

They deserve to be there.
In a normal year, if they played 11 or 12 games like college teams do these days, I would not be making this argument against OSU, but they have played nearly half the games as UF and A&M in a conference that isn't even close to the competition level as those other teams play. It doesn't matter why...what matters is they have not proven anything with their schedule that warrants a National Championship chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.