NCAA Football

Oh, you're trolling. It's blatant and has been for weeks. Anything differently said by you is just you not wanting to admit it.

My team earned it by going undefeated and winning their conference championship. 4 times in a row.

Isn't college park closer to you? I mean, if you're going to be that kind of troll I'll be more than happy to discuss the Terps with you. Your alma mater doesn't matter if you're talking geography.

But, like I said. Boooooooooooooooooring!! This song has been playing on loop for weeks now.
Oh no Mike...I root for my alma mater, the school from which I graduated. I would think you'd be a Navy man, and stick with them through thick and thin.

As for trolling...that's your problem, buddy. You always think it's about you. I'm not trolling you, I am having conversations about why I don't think OSU should be where they are. It has NOTHING to do with you! I have been having this same conversation with friends and others on differing social media platforms...

...but...

...once agin, you take it personal. FFS, don't be so sensitive...this isn't about you!

That's the problem, you THINK your opinion means it has to be that way.

PS - I do root for Navy and have since 1992. But, they're as relevant as Florida State in football and always have been mediocre. Anyone who knows a Navy fan knows they root one time per year mainly.

All this trolling from you is silly. You made specific posts saying how irrelevant Ohio State is just to troll. You just don't want to admit to it now because it would prove what you do.

Nobody is sensitive, buddy. I'm just giving you what you've been serving up for weeks. Even the threat of coming back to talk shit is a troll.

You don't have to admit it though. It's known already. I'm just having fun laughing at you for it.

That's the problem, you THINK your opinion means it has to be that way.

PS - I do root for Navy and have since 1992. But, they're as relevant as Florida State in football and always have been mediocre. Anyone who knows a Navy fan knows they root one time per year mainly.

All this trolling from you is silly. You made specific posts saying how irrelevant Ohio State is just to troll. You just don't want to admit to it now because it would prove what you do.

Nobody is sensitive, buddy. I'm just giving you what you've been serving up for weeks. Even the threat of coming back to talk shit is a troll.

You don't have to admit it though. It's known already. I'm just having fun laughing at you for it.
You sure do have delusions of grandeur at times. You've grown a lot in the last 5 years, but still as transparent as ever in many regards. Mike...the world doesn't revolve around you. You really aren't that important.

You sure do have delusions of grandeur at times. You've grown a lot in the last 5 years, but still as transparent as ever in many regards. Mike...the world doesn't revolve around you. You really aren't that important.
You sure like to take personal shots at people when you don't get to bully them. It's ok, I called this one too. Never change, Brian. You're very entertaining.

You sure like to take personal shots at people when you don't get to bully them. It's ok, I called this one too. Never change, Brian. You're very entertaining.
Pot meet kettle!

How rich of you...Mike to call me a bully.

I over estimated Clemson, but still doesn't change my argument from the start.

Ohio State was given a leg up by the rule change from the Big Ten.

"Our big money school can't qualify for a College Football Playoff because our current rules won't allow them to play in the Big Ten Championship? We can't lose out on all that money! Oh...what the hell, at the end of the season we will change the rule for them." - Big Ten

That's game!!!!

Redemption for last year!!

One more to go!!! Shaking up the world and th NCAA!!

7-0

Fields looking like money
Olave fast and hands for days
Sermon picking up where he left off

One more to go!!

Ohio State really put it on Clemson last night. I know Dabo Swinney is a great coach. His track record has proven that. But I have to wonder if his comments about how OSU shouldn’t have been there took his team’s focus off what they had to do. I’m certain it gave motivation to OSU. People can act like that stuff doesn’t matter, but when you are a competitor and your opponent says you don’t belong, you want to prove you do. It’s the very nature of competition. Just ask Michael Jordan who used to make up stuff people said to get angry and beat them worse. Swinney got what was coming to him last night. I have no idea if his team heard him and followed the leader in believing they shouldn’t have been playing OSU and if that affected their play. We will never know for sure. It doesn’t change what kind of coach he is, but for one night he looked like a fool.

As for whether or not Ohio State should have been there or not, I think we all know why they were there. The playoff was setup to protect the power 5 schools and make sure no non power 5 could win a championship. That way the big schools could control the money from these games. Just like the BCS before it and just like the bowl system before it. It always comes down to the money. Until you get an NCAA basketball type tournament where more than a few teams are invited, it’s always going to be this way. The power 5 don’t want the likes of Cincinnati, BYU, Coastal Carolina, Boise St, and UCF getting money they think only they deserve. All of those teams either this year or in recent years deserved more respect than they got. But that’s not how it’s setup. They had no shot at being invited to one of the 4 spots regardless of how they played. And these big schools know that’s how it’s setup. So why they would complain about another big school having the rules changed to benefit them is comical. The same would happen for Clemson, Alabama, and many other schools. It sort of happened to the perennially overrated Notre Dams as they were allowed in the ACC and allowed in the ACC Championship without playing all their games. And let’s face it. A team in the ACC has a much easier schedule every year than a team in the SEC, B1G, and Big 12. So it’s never going to be an even playing field. I do give Clemson credit for usually scheduling 1 tough out of conference opponent. Not every school does that and since schedules are made so far in advanced, those teams aren’t always as good as they where when they scheduled. They still find a way to job the system though as they put that tough game so early that a loss won’t matter unless that team is one of the final 4. But it’s easier to do that when there is no real threat in your conference.

I thought the B1G botched their whole season. I had no idea if OSU was any good because the season was so screwed up. The cancellation to then subsequent delay was a disaster. I heard someone make a point when the B1G cancelled their season about how these players will now just go and do what they want and potentially have much more expose to the virus. Because without a season, they don’t have that structure of practice and games, along with the accountability of being that guy who went out and got the virus and infected your star QB or RB or someone else. I have to wonder if that’s why some B1G schools were hit harder than schools in other conferences. Did that window of not playing cause players to do things they wouldn’t have otherwise and cause more of an outbreak. Maybe it did or maybe not, but I have wondered that. I just thought it was a huge mistake by the conference and now it has exposed how rigged the whole playoff system is. We all knew it, but very few talked about it. Now everyone will thanks to the B1G.

I agree that the big ten messed up, but Ohio State has had an amazing season considering all they've gone through.

Undefeated
Conference championship
Beating Clemson

Nobody thought they would, but they did. Sermon rushed for 331 in the conference championship!

I blame the big ten for this. If Ohio State had played the entire season they might have done even better.

I agree that the big ten messed up, but Ohio State has had an amazing season considering all they've gone through.

Undefeated
Conference championship
Beating Clemson

Nobody thought they would, but they did. Sermon rushed for 331 in the conference championship!

I blame the big ten for this. If Ohio State had played the entire season they might have done even better.

I agree. I'm not taking anything away from them. The reality is whether you play one game or 10 games, you have have to execute and perform. Ohio State did that last night and looked extremely good doing so. After watching Alabama toy with Notre Dame, I thought they would just dominate whoever won this game. Now, I'm not so sure. If Ohio State can play like that again, I don't think Alabama can beat them. It's going to be fun to see though.

I agree. I'm not taking anything away from them. The reality is whether you play one game or 10 games, you have have to execute and perform. Ohio State did that last night and looked extremely good doing so. After watching Alabama toy with Notre Dame, I thought they would just dominate whoever won this game. Now, I'm not so sure. If Ohio State can play like that again, I don't think Alabama can beat them. It's going to be fun to see though.
Bama is going to be as tough, if not tougher, than Clemson was for Ohio St. The Buckeyes had motivation to beat them. the loss last year and the bulletin board material. Bama...they just execute.

We will see though. At least it is looking to be a good game.

I saw that. You know it's going to stick with him all off-season.

It did for Fields. He even said so in an interview.

well deserved, too.

F**k O-H-I-O State!

I was concerned I'd be tired this morning from watching the game last night, I went to sleep at half time, Alabama had too much talent and if I'm the Jet's I'm taking Smith 2nd overall, kids a game changer

Yeah, that kid is legit.

There was just no way to stop him. With Sermon getting hurt and Fields being horrible, there was just no chance they could keep up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sold on Mac Jones or Fields, Jones has weapons out the whazzooo and that can hide a lot of flaws and Alabama hasn't produced a top NFl QB since, umm, dunno (of course Hurts and Tua are new to the league) Fields seems to handle the spotlight only 50% of the time, my opinion, if either go in the top ten, it's a reach.

Fields, like all Ohio St QBs, are a product of a system. There is nothing really special about them.

That Smith kid though....my gosh. That was about as dominating a performance as I have ever seen.

Same could be said historically about Alabama QB's, that's why I mentioned the talent around him, when you've got a wideout like Smith whose going to draw coverage and almost complete attention of the defense the rest of the field opens up big time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.