• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2013 Washington Capitals Thread

Unfortunately inconsistency has been the theme of this year.

I agree, if they play like that they'll simply outplay everyone.

I loved seeing ovechkin step into the crease in the defensive zone to step up and play defense. I don't believe he made any plays doing it, but simply putting himself in the position is a huge step in the right direction. If he played like that in a regular basis he'd be considered the best in the league, unanimously.

Disagree...they were consistently awful for the first half of the year, but they were consistently great for the second half. Games 3 and 4 were really the first "bad" games they've played in awhile.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

For those that missed Sportcenter this morning, here's a handy recap of their Stanley Cup Playoff coverage:
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

i like fehr but that was a stupid penalty, especially when you're already on the pk.

Didn't get the game today, probably just as well. Watched a great Players Championship instead. Is game 7 in DC?

Game 7 is in DC , gonna be a huge crowd, time to finally end this bull****, lopsided reffing all series.

i like fehr but that was a stupid penalty, especially when you're already on the pk.

Didn't get the game today, probably just as well. Watched a great Players Championship instead. Is game 7 in DC?

I am livid about this game. The refs were the same crew that reffed game 4, which saw multiple Ranger penalties go uncalled.

The Hillen call was weak, the Ward call was incredibly weak, and not calling Dorsett for a slew foot is just plain irresponsible. The NHL wanted 7 games, well they got it. Game 7 is indeed back in DC, tomorrow night. Its going to be chippy, and I have a funny feeling that the penalties will be again incredibly one-sided.

I mean, do you really expect us to believe that as dominant as the Caps were in the final 10-15 minutes there was not one penalty? That the Rangers did not commit one penalty ALL GAME? Total HORSESH!T.

Hillen was responding to this elbow (that went uncalled, of course): [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIuFCcispuc&feature=player_embedded[/media]

And here is the slew-foot by Derek Dorsett that didn't get called. If there is ANY justice in the universe, Dorsett will get suspended for this. Its about the most dangerous thing you can do in the NHL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F2vAjVEclPo#!

i know blaming the refs is loser talk, but one of the most potent power play units all year had not one chance in a 1-0 game in the playoffs.

just bull****. they played decently enough, just got raw deals and committed too many dumb penalties.

i know blaming the refs is loser talk, but one of the most potent power play units all year had not one chance in a 1-0 game in the playoffs.

just bull****. they played decently enough, just got raw deals and committed too many dumb penalties.

I've seen this too many times. People can call it what they want, but when the NHL sends the same crew that botched half a dozen calls in game 4 to skate game 6, then you start to get the idea that maybe there's something to this.

This was the same crew that worked game 6 of the Detroit/Anaheim series, and gave the Red Wings 0 penalties and the Ducks 5 penalties to help even that series and force a game 7. They are Bettman's fixers, its blatantly obvious. Such BS. If the Rangers hold on and win this series, I might just be done with hockey. Its so corrupt...

This was the same crew that worked game 6 of the Detroit/Anaheim series, and gave the Red Wings 0 penalties and the Ducks 5 penalties to help even that series and force a game 7. They are Bettman's fixers, its blatantly obvious. Such BS. If the Rangers hold on and win this series, I might just be done with hockey. Its so corrupt...

Sounds like the NBA.

Here's video of Eric Fehr's phantom elbow. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R84sPtfCvA[/media]

Such BS. Still livid!

MOTHER****IN' GAME SEVEN! God damn...I can't help but get pumped for game 7, no matter how I actually feel about it. GAME SEVEN!!!

I've lost my enthusiasm.

I said from the start they needed to get out of this series in 5 games or less if they wanted to do anything significant in the playoffs.

Its game 7. If they win I feel like they wont make it out of the next round. It's just the feeling I have.

Welp. I guess thats that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Is it FINALLY time for McPhee to go? Three division championships and three exits in the first round in recent years. The door on any chance for a Cup is going to close in the not too distant future and it could take another generation or more to assemble such a team.

Not much to say about that game, except that it was a cleanly-reffed game (in that the calls were even both ways), and that's pretty much all you can ask for. Outside of the first 10 minutes or so, the Rangers just simply outplayed the Caps - looked like half the team quit after that first goal. They did all the little things perfectly, and got a couple lucky bounces along the way; but when you're doing everything right, the bounces tend to go your way.

Rather than focus on the criticisms of the Caps, I am just moving on from this loss. It was a butt-kicking; no need to point at the guy on the ground and talk about his glass jaw.

Looking on the bright side, this Caps team was at one point way out of the playoff race, so making the dance (let alone winning their division) is all gravy. All in all a good season, and I can't wait to see what they can do with a full offseason of work in Oates' system. Wilson will likely make the roster next fall, and I'm excited to see what he can do. Hopefully Erat's wrist will be fine by camp, and they can get to work. We have an uphill battle in a suddenly much-tougher division next year; they will need every last point they can scrape.

Is it FINALLY time for McPhee to go? Three division championships and three exits in the first round in recent years. The door on any chance for a Cup is going to close in the not too distant future and it could take another generation or more to assemble such a team.

No, I think McPhee should stay. Green, Ovechkin & Backstrom had new life this season, I think the system invigorated them. Brouwer has been a very valuable addition, as was Erat. They missed Erat badly in those final 2 games; Laich as well.

Its hard to give a guy a pass so many times, but they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs this year - I say give McPhee one more year (or even two) to obtain players for Oates' system, and THEN you make a decision.

I feel like, at this point, Oates should make the call on McPhee.

If Oates thinks McPhee understands the type of players he wants, and feels like he can go out and get those players (basically, if he feels like McPhee added the type of players he wants this year), then fine keep him.

If Oates feels like there's a disconnect and McPhee doesn't understand what Oates wants out of new players, then bring in someone who does.

McPhee has had his chance, and I think Oates is the future of this team. I'd be happy with whatever Oates thought was best at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.