• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2013 NCAA Football Season

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Did you guys get the chance to see my FSU Seminoles spank Pitt last night? Jameis Winston looked very impressive! That kid was outstanding in his debut...18 years old!!!

A star is born.

That kid just had the third highest single game NCAA QB rating of all-time. In his very first game on the road.

He's already better than first-rounder EJ Manuel this second. And it's not crazy to say he could be better than RG3 within a month. I've never seen anything like it.

Heisman, and multiple national titles on deck.

A star is born.

That kid just had the third highest single game NCAA QB rating of all-time. In his very first game on the road.

He's already better than first-rounder EJ Manuel this second. And it's not crazy to say he could be better than RG3 within a month. I've never seen anything like it.

Heisman, and multiple national titles on deck.

Not sure I'd go that far...but Johnny who?

Like I said on FB...

Welcome to the ACC, Pitt. Pitt had more holes in their secondary than swiss cheese. Their defense was softer than a pillow.

Like I said on FB...

Welcome to the ACC, Pitt. Pitt had more holes in their secondary than swiss cheese. Their defense was softer than a pillow.

Pitt was ranked 45th in the country in defense last year and returned 9 starters. Clearly not Bama but not nearly as soft as FSU made them look.

I graduated from FSU, and until last night, wouldn't even think of buying a college jersey. I can't even believe I'm considering it, but I think I'm getting this guy's jersey.

He looked like the Michael Jordan of football last night, and his interview after the game was amazing. He sounded just like RG3. Humble, and praising everyone else on the team, while accepting no credit.

That's amazing for a 19 year old. Just crazy.

This was funny.....from the Faux John Madden twitter account:

BREAKING: Jets feverishly trying to borrow Jameis Winston for 2013 NFL season.

Your post was so over the top, I thought you might be giving Elephant a hard time :)

Your post was so over the top, I thought you might be giving Elephant a hard time :)

Lol.....I'm not. I honestly can't believe what I saw. Did everyone see this video yet?

ACC Must See Moment | FSU's Jameis Winston Throws Frozen Rope to Home | ACCDigitalNetwork - YouTube

And look how crazy this is:

But you can add former FSU head coach Bobby Bowden to the growing list of lauders.

This kid has got some talent," Bowden told Warchant.com on Tuesday. "Reminds me of RG3. (Winston) doesn't remind me of the kid at Texas A&M (Johnny Manziel), he reminds me of RG3."

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1510574

This kid literally may be the second coming of RG3. With one exception, he's bigger and stronger. Just insane to hear Bobby Bowden say that.

UVA 19, BYU 16. Not sure if BYU is like the BYU of old, but it is nice to start 1-0. We'll know if UVA can handle the big boys this week. Oregon is coming to Charlottesville.

uhh..thats baseball. nice throw but that doesnt make him close to being as good as RG III.

Well I think most agree that he's better right now than RG3 was as a freshman. I think even RG3 would admit that. That's normal with evolution, and players being bigger and stronger. I just thought it would take another ten years before anyone came close to RG3.

Now a lot can still go wrong, he's young as hell. He could get injured, get into drugs, etc.

But to think this kid is 19, and they say he'd be the top pick in MLB next year, a top five pick in the NBA next year, and he's crushing it in football is just insane.

This kid might be the next Bo Jackson. Get your jerseys people.

In the words of Kevin Durant:

This guy Jameis Winston made me a believer after 1 half of football.

Tuesday Tailgate: Jameis Winston inspires shock and awe

Yeah, I'm with Mike here, while freely admitting that if JMU had something similar happening, I'd be going crazy too. :)

It's WAYYYYYYYYY too early. Matt Flynn parlayed one 6 TD game into two contracts, and now it seems like a 50/50 shot as to whether or not he loses his starting job to Terrell Pryor.

A little patience isn't a bad thing.

one game. its really one game. its not even one season yet. and you are now comparing him to Bo Jackson?

I get that you went to FSU..and I get that you are hyped on him. and hey, I can admit he had a hell of a game against Pitt. But comparing him to Griffin and Bo Jackson is just going too far after one game.

one game.

You of course, are correct. It's only one game.

It reminds me of when I was younger, and I'd get this house thing about a month before Christmas. And every day, I'd open another window, revealing a new treat. Oh yes....last night was only the first window. We open another one next Saturday.

LOL.....I think I've snapped. I've officially lost it.

FSU football has sucked so hard for so long, we've been a total disgrace. But now? Winston Jesus is about to deliver us back to respectability. LOL

It's a German tradition called an Advents calendar. In case you wanted to know.

I was very excited to see Winston's debut last night. On the road in front of a national audience and without a warm-up game against a little-sister's-of-the-poor cupcake.

The young man had a ton of expectations placed on his shoulders and exceeded them all.

I'm not ready to dub him Black Jesus yet... but I'm sure looking forward to watching him develop. :)

No argument.

HA! We all see what you did there!

If this kid is as good as he looked last night, FSU will be in talks about the National Championship when they roll past everyone on their way to Making Clemson look stupid!

Football Jesus plays again at 3:30 est this afternoon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.