• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2011 Free agent list

Well, it has been suggested that we need to bring in at least one big name FA with several 2nd tier guys to fill in the reserve roles. I am not going to tackle the defensive side of the ball, but offensively there are a few big names that are intriguing.

RB: Leon Washington and Arian Foster

Both players are likely to be re-signed with their respective teams, but either could make Torain look better by being that 1-2 punch many here have discussed. Looks like Washington has mended well.

Interior Offensive line: Carl Nicks

He made the Pro-Bowl so is likely going to want a big pay day. Is this the position we pay well to upgrade through FA?; This kid is only 25.

WR: Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd

I know you don't like him Mike. What about Floyd? Could he be a number one? He will be 30 when the season starts next year. I like Jackson, maybe the year off has humbled him. You're out in San Diego Mike, any insight since the season has ended?

QB- I would bring in Leinart and Quinn and let them fight it out for our number 2 they are both still young, Leinart in particular has some upside and maybe shanny can work some magic. we have a hole at qb anyway, why not take a shot?

RB- Sproles, undersized, needs to be in a rotation, wouldnt be a bad fit here though.

WR- Vincent Jackson and Braylon Edwards, both big targets and solid lead receivers, I wouldnt break the bank for either one but for the right price we should bring one in.

OL- Ryan Kalil would be a huge pick up at C and Logan mankins at G would be a massive upgrade and both would be solid in a ZBS.

DL - 3-4 DE Chris Hoke, Hybrid DT/DE Alan Branch NT Gerard warren

LB Lamar woodley- gives us the all around guy we lack at OLB, David harris would give us the thumper inside we need, but neither will be FA by the time we can sign them. I would be tempted to take a flier on Manny Lawson as well.

Safety, Peprah, brodney poole and deon grant, all cover types, we need a FS bad.

There are going to be a few teams that will blow up their rosters. Minn. could be one and Dallas could be another. Of course, the Redskins fit into this category as well, at least to a certain degree.

I say we wait and see what the actual list will be when March arrives. Peyton Manning a FA??? Please. That won't happen.

Imho, players we need to keep for now...

Alexander, Lorenzo
Armstrong, Anthony
Austin, Terrence
Banks, Brandon
Barnes, Kevin
Beck, John
Bidwell, Josh
Brown, Jammal
Bryant, Anthony
Buchanon, Phillip
Capers, Selvish
Carriker, Adam
Cooley, Chris
Davis, Fred
Doughty, Reed
Fletcher, London
Gano, Graham
Grossman, Rex
Hall, DeAngelo
Harris, Macho
Henson, Robert
Heyer, Stephon
Jackson, Rob
Jarmon, Jeremy
Kelly, Malcolm
Landry, LaRon
Lichtensteiger, Kory
Moore, Kareem
Moss, Santana
Orakpo, Brian
Paulsen, Logan
Riley, Perry
Rogers, Carlos
Sundberg, Nick
Torain, Ryan
Westbrook, Byron
Williams, Keiland
Williams, Mike (if able)
Williams, Trent

That's thirty-nine players. Forty-one new faces will be needed for when TC opens. This is just one man's list (mine). Yours may differ to whatever degree, but there can be no doubt that major changes are coming to the Redskins this offseason.

QB- I would bring in Leinart and Quinn and let them fight it out for our number 2 they are both still young, Leinart in particular has some upside and maybe shanny can work some magic. we have a hole at qb anyway, why not take a shot?

:vomit:

Quinn and Leinart? Both are terrible pro-quarterbacks. Neither take accountability for their own mistakes, and both just don't have what it takes. Pass on both.

RB- Sproles, undersized, needs to be in a rotation, wouldnt be a bad fit here though.

Sproles seemed to have lost a step this year, similar to LT. Just not the same guy he was even a year ago. Maybe good in a rotation, but I'd pass. At this point, we can probably get the same production from a late-round pick or UDFA.

WR- Vincent Jackson and Braylon Edwards, both big targets and solid lead receivers, I wouldnt break the bank for either one but for the right price we should bring one in.

I'd love to see VJax in here, but not Braylon. Unfortunately, I think "for the right price" for both of these guys is going to be big dollars.

OL- Ryan Kalil would be a huge pick up at C and Logan mankins at G would be a massive upgrade and both would be solid in a ZBS.

Don't know much about Kalil, but I doubt Mankins leaves New England, especially after they win it all this year.

LB Lamar woodley- gives us the all around guy we lack at OLB, David harris would give us the thumper inside we need, but neither will be FA by the time we can sign them. I would be tempted to take a flier on Manny Lawson as well.

Love Woodley; I wanted us to draft him when he first came out. As with Mankins, I doubt this guy leaves Pittsburgh, but its always possible. He would be a great signing if we could get him. Wouldn't mind throwing down a little extra to get him either.

I'd like to bring in Hasselbeck; see what he's got left in the tank. I think he'd fit Shanny's system really well, if he can still play. As the article noted, his drop-off has coincided with the drop-off in talent on their overall roster. Would he struggle here? Probably, but if we upgraded the OL and WR positions, he might fare well. Especially if Torain can stay healthy. The best part about Matty? We can probably get him for pennies on the dollar.

Looking this list over I feel like a Vinny Cerrato at Christmas. While this list provides some potential help, we need a serious youth movement.

I would look at Prater as an alternative to Oh No Gano.

I think Green Bay will jettison Driver and keep Jones, but if not, I'd love to see James in the B&G. He's shown flashes behind two all-star caliber receivers and limited playing time - I think he could breakout as the #1 guy.

:vomit:

Quinn and Leinart? Both are terrible pro-quarterbacks. Neither take accountability for their own mistakes, and both just don't have what it takes. Pass on both.

Sproles seemed to have lost a step this year, similar to LT. Just not the same guy he was even a year ago. Maybe good in a rotation, but I'd pass. At this point, we can probably get the same production from a late-round pick or UDFA.

I'd love to see VJax in here, but not Braylon. Unfortunately, I think "for the right price" for both of these guys is going to be big dollars.

Don't know much about Kalil, but I doubt Mankins leaves New England, especially after they win it all this year.

Love Woodley; I wanted us to draft him when he first came out. As with Mankins, I doubt this guy leaves Pittsburgh, but its always possible. He would be a great signing if we could get him. Wouldn't mind throwing down a little extra to get him either.

Leinart hasnt been that bad, he just needs better coaching,his accuracy wasnt a problem, his tendency to only throw short was lol, Quin, more of a flyer based on potential. If Shanny could work magic with Plummer im hoping he could with leinart and he should come cheap.

Sproles is a good receiving back and has speed even after losing a bit, I would say that saying LT was not the player he was was accurate but he looked pretty good compared to the oldballs we signed lol. besides as I said he would be a rotation back and hes better than the others available.

Kalil is a very solid Center who has shown he can handle nose tackles which is something we need. Mankins may not resign with the Pats if they win a ring he can go after money and lets be honest he is probably pissed at sitting last year.

Pittsburgh lets linebackers go because they always have a few ready to step up, I wouldnt be shocked if they loet woodley go. I hope they do.

The big thing is with the roster turnover and with having to resupply on defence, we will have to find projects and hidden talent, the obvious ones will cost big coin, we need to find bargains and when possible recycle players who didnt fit elsewhere.

The big thing is with the roster turnover and with having to resupply on defence, we will have to find projects and hidden talent, the obvious ones will cost big coin, we need to find bargains and when possible recycle players who didnt fit elsewhere.

Stephon Heyer is a FA this year.

Leinart is another guy who from what I understand has had issues with his work ethic and 'coachability'. If true we certainly don't need anyone else like that around here after what has transpired the last couple of years.

Also, his arm is limited. He has trouble making the kinds of throws that make a Manning or Brady or even a mid-range guy like Romo effective.

Plummer was a marginal QB when Shanny turned him into a decent one, I havent really read a lot about leinarts arm strength ill go check that out,but thats why I would hedge my bets with quinn as well, I firmly believe that the best way to find players is to have them compete, when a guy is handed a starting spot he will often act differently than when he has to fight for one. remember both of those guys were once thought to be superlative prospects who fell through the cracks, if its a cap friendly deal, there is no real downside. There have been many Qbs who failed in one or two places who went on to be pretty good, Gannon, Young, Williams, Plunkett are just a few.

We have got to think outside the box, we arent going to get better without taking some chances, if Shanny hasnt lot whatever mojo he had in denver , I would trust him to know if either of those guys would fit with what he wants to do better than I would trust him choosing a defence.

Don't be surprised if Mankins leaves the Pats. He held out because he wants his payday. If the Pats don't slap a franchise or transition tag on him, he'll likely land with the team willing to make him the highest paid Guard in the NFL. He could give the Pats a hometown discount but it won't be much of a discount.

VJax is as good as gone from SD unless they franchise him. If Bruce Allen can be believed about wanting character guys as Redskins, you can probably count him out as well as Cam Newton in the draft. Then again, if Mike wants either guy bad enough then Bruce will be speaking with forked tongue.

If we're gonna spend money on FA, let's do it in the trenches. Yeah, Haynesworth was more of a trenchhead instead of a trenchman but, his loony arse aside, the lines need to be fortified first. We can use the draft for a QB, WR, C, LB or CB.

Kalil and Mankins would be MY top targets so it will be interesting to see what our FO thinks.

Leinart is another guy who from what I understand has had issues with his work ethic and 'coachability'. If true we certainly don't need anyone else like that around here after what has transpired the last couple of years.

Also, his arm is limited. He has trouble making the kinds of throws that make a Manning or Brady or even a mid-range guy like Romo effective.

Not only that, he doesn't have a great leader mentality. He yells at other players for their mistakes, but doesn't own up to any of his own. He's a true NFL bust, as many predicted (I thought he'd at least be serviceable) he would be.

With Luck staying in school it will be interesting to see how it impacts the QB market. I'm hoping it drives up interest in McNabb where we can get a decent draft pick.

With Luck staying in school it will be interesting to see how it impacts the QB market. I'm hoping it drives up interest in McNabb where we can get a decent draft pick.

It will definately make a difference for win now teams, I cant see anyone else avaliable making immediate impacts except perhaps Newton in the right system (it would have to be tailored for him) and maybe gabbert.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.