• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

1st Annual BGO "Crystal Ball" Pool - CHAMPION = BOONE

With two rounds of the NFL playoffs in the books, I thought it would be an appropriate time to update the standings of our Crystal Ball Pool. In the Super Wildcard Weekend, every predicted winner earned your team 5 points. In the Divisional Round, every predicted winner earned you 6 points. Current Standings are as follows (regular season through to the Divisional Round):

1. Canadian Hog: 78 points
2. Boone: 76 points
2. China: 76 points
3. Neophyte: 72 points
4. DixieFlatline: 67 points
5. SkinsOrlando: 62 points
6. SilentThreat: 54 points

As we enter the Conference Championships, keep in mind that each predicted winner in that round earns you 7 points. For the Super Bowl, picking the winner earns you an additional 10 points. While Canadian Hog currently sits atop the standings, he is the only participant who has not predicted at least 1 team correctly that remains in the Conference Championships. This means that the door remains wide open for several to take the title.

The playoff point breakdown is listed below for your reference so that you can see how your points above have been calculated. If there are any questions or errors, please let me know!

Good luck to all as we move forward!

Boone: AFC Wildcard Points = 5, AFC Divisional Points = 6
Boone: NFC Wildcard Points = 5, NFC Divisional Points = 6
Total Playoff Points = 22

TOTAL SCORE: 22 + 54 = 76 points

CH: AFC Wildcard Points = 5, AFC Divisional Points = 0
CH: NFC Wildcard Points = 10, NFC Divisional Points = 0
Total Playoff Points = 15

TOTAL SCORE: 15 + 63 = 78 points

SkinsOrlando: AFC Wildcard Points = 5, AFC Divisional Points = 6
SkinsOrlando: NFC Wildcard Points = 5, NFC Divisional Points = 6

TOTAL SCORE: 22 + 40 = 62 points

China: AFC Wildcard Points = 5, AFC Divisional Points = 6
China: NFC Wildcard Points = 5, NFC Divisional Points = 6

TOTAL SCORE: 22 + 54 = 76 points

SilentThreat: AFC Wildcard Points = 5, AFC Divisional Points = 6
SilentThreat: NFC Wildcard Points = 5, NFC Divisional Points = 0
Total Playoff Points = 16

TOTAL SCORE: 16 + 38 = 54 points

DixieFlatline: AFC Wildcard Points = 5, AFC Divisional Points = 6
DixieFlatline: NFC Wildcard Points = 10, NFC Divisional Points = 6
Total Playoff Points = 27

TOTAL SCORE: 27 + 40 = 67 points

Neophyte: AFC Wildcard Points = 5, AFC Divisional Points = 6
Neophyte: NFC Wildcard Points = 10, NFC Divisional Points = 0
Total Playoff Points = 21

TOTAL SCORE: 21 + 51 = 72 points

I think I’m out of it. I had the Bills (who should’ve won dammit!) winning the Conference and the Super Bowl. I do think the Rams win but I think someone will likely get the conference and SB winner right.

Listed below are the updated standings of the 1st Annual BGO Crystal Ball Pool going into the Super Bowl. Congratulations to Boone and SkinsOrlando, who were our only two contestants to accurately predict a Super Bowl finalist this year (LA Rams). They will each earn an additional 7 points for the victory that gets added onto their previous accumulated season total. The Rams victory will result in Boone passing Canadian Hog in the standings and earn him the crown as our first ever BGO Crystal Ball Pool Champion! With no contestant picking Los Angeles or Cincinnati to win the Super Bowl, there is no threat of Boone being surpassed on Super Bowl Sunday, so he can put his feet up and enjoy the victory! Congratulations as well to China for finishing in the top three! Both Boone and China will receive a mystery prize for finishing on the podium.

1. Boone: 76 points + 7 = 83 points
2. Canadian Hog: 78 + 0 = 78 points
3. China: 76 + 0 = 76 points
4. Neophyte: 72 points + 0 = 72 points
5. SkinsOrlando: 62 points + 7 = 69 points
6. DixieFlatline: 67 points + 0 = 67 points
7. SilentThreat: 54 points + 0 = 54 points

Thank you to all contestants for playing this year. I thought it was a lot of fun seeing how everybody faired as the season moved along. We encourage everybody here at BGO to get on board next season and make the Crystal Ball Pool bigger and better!

Stay tuned for details regarding our 2nd Annual Washington Mock Draft Contest which will be posted shortly to the board. I encourage everybody to get in on the fun and add some competitive spirit to draft season.

Didn't think I'd pull it out but I'll take it! Thanks guys. This was a really cool contest idea and I hope we have a lot more folks play next season. Thanks for putting it together Canadian Hog - we appreciate all you do for the site. :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.