• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

I'm sorry, but 69 million guaranteed is enough. That should have Cousins signed a long time ago...it's guaranteed!

Where is the '69 million' figure coming from? Not doubting you, just wondering from where this info (that he's been offered 69 million in guarantees) originates?

Not sure if this is what E is referencing- the player received 19.95m guaranteed last season, will receive 23.94m guaranteed this season, and 28.78m guaranteed in 2018 if the transition tagged is used. Total of 72.67m.

Not sure if this is what E is referencing- the player received 19.95m guaranteed last season, will receive 23.94m guaranteed this season, and 28.78m guaranteed in 2018 if the transition tagged is used. Total of 72.67m.

That's some fuzzy math there, mister.
Does his agent get 3.67 Million of that, to come up with 69M ?

That's some fuzzy math there, mister.
Does his agent get 3.67 Million of that, to come up with 69M ?

That's not fuzzy, that is what is commonly referred to as 'correct'.

It's close to the number E used and that was what was meant.

$69 M came from the Casserly article I supplied a link to a few replies back

$69 M came from the Casserly article I supplied a link to a few replies back

Yeah, this is what I was referencing. I was thinking if 69 million is fully guaranteed, then I think Kirk would be a fool not to sign, not 2 years with a guarantee and the 3rd and 4th the team can get out of it. I was thinking the cat gets 69 mill no matter what.

So is it correct or common core style?

BTW that's Goal's mom's favorite #

So is it correct or common core style?

BTW that's Goal's mom's favorite #

I'd have to say common. Unless I'm incorrect which then implies correct core. But being incorrect would be uncommon for me which sets the core back to common...or would it?
Therefore the core = 0; roughly the same number of people who gain anything by reading this...

FWIW..."sources" stating the Cousins camp is too upset about something to even sign a generous deal at the moment.

(Despite the more positive discussions, sources tell ESPN's Dianna Russini that there are deeper issues at play between Cousins and the Redskins, and there is no price that would make the quarterback happy.

Cousins signed the exclusive franchise tag he received from the Redskins on March 10. If he plays this season under his tender, he will receive $23.94 million
.)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ine-johnson-los-angeles-rams-july-17-deadline

Could this be true? Sure - anything is possible. But Russini has already had several instances of claiming insider knowledge only to be proven flat out embarrassingly wrong. And all of the 'consensus' and 'experts' are really just concurring media types when you look at the actual information.

If on the other hand Kirk doesn't want to be a Redskin, I'd send his ass packing so quick his head would spin. I don't want someone leading my B&G who doesn't want to be here.

I think a lot of those rumors are media pot-stirring and may be mistaking him angling for the best possible contract for something more ominous.

Oh without a doubt I agree with you, hopefully stated by the "sources".

To me the only thing making sense to the waiting game is either the team & Kirk have already ageeed this is his last season and neither side wants to sling crap at each other publicly. Or, the team is about to go full on stupid with a contract offer to make him the highest paid qb evah!

Basically all this time has been planning the restructuring of future contracts to take on Kirk's paycheck.

Hell idk anymore.

Could this be true? Sure - anything is possible. But Russini has already had several instances of claiming insider knowledge only to be proven flat out embarrassingly wrong. And all of the 'consensus' and 'experts' are really just concurring media types when you look at the actual information.

If on the other hand Kirk doesn't want to be a Redskin, I'd send his ass packing so quick his head would spin. I don't want someone leading my B&G who doesn't want to be here.

I think a lot of those rumors are media pot-stirring and may be mistaking him angling for the best possible contract for something more ominous.

I do agree that if Cousins is 'angry at the team' or whatever, Gruden will be more than happy to sit him and start McCoy. If nothing else, Gruden has shown he has a very low level of tolerance for that kind of drama.

We'll see.

Yeah, at this point, weeks out until the deadline, I think it is just a combo of posturing and media pot-stirring. I mean, even if Kirk has his feelings hurt, that could all change with the right offer as talks proceed. (I do agree too, Boone. If he is all butt hurt, and doesn't truly want to be here - then see ya'.)

I think these deals tend to come together at the deadline. I believe Von Miller and Wilkerson (Jets) had media reported heated/negative talks all the way up to the deadline, for example. Yet, got deals done at the 11th hour.

Kirk himself mentioned in an interview something about "deadlines get deals done", or something close to that wording.
That could have been an intentional or unintentional hint about the fact that he was utilizing the most amount of time possible, to get the best possible deal.
So there's no reason to panic before July 17th.

Somewhere close to July 17th, he's going to get the best possible offer from a team that really, really wants him, and has deep enough pockets to compensate him more than fairly. So, if he doesn't sign by July 17th, IMO then he doesn't want to be here.

Last edited:
Well, if he really doesn't want to be here, or if he thinks he works for his agent, and not the other way around, then hopefully we can work out a "sign and trade" deal with someone willing to meet their over-inflated image of his worth.

Half of that is done. He is signed so they could trade him. Tagged guys who have signed their offers can be traded. Whether you can find any of the other 31 teams who could work out a contract with him and what they'd give Washington in return is the trick. None of them are going to trade for his one year tag, they'd have to be able to work out a LTD with Kirk's agent first.

Yeah ... that perhaps Kirk is a bit passive-aggressive.

No way he sends that w/o knowing it'll get people talking.

Let's offer him that and see if he takes it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.