• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

Word from some of the pundits is that the Redskins offered 5 yrs at $100M with a low signing bonus. That won't get it done, but that could be a starting point in the negotiations.

That's not even a starting position at this point. Skins need to get over themselves already and start at $24 million/year. Like it or not, that's what they've cornered themselves into.

I get the deal would be considered low to the players but damn. For $100M I'd have a dope ass ranch up here in Alaska where you guys could visit. There would be rhinoceros rodeos and giraffe jousting and stuff.

Obviously the Skins have no issue with the cash (2 tags in two years). Gotta be about the guarantee's. That shouldn't be too hard to work out. Shouldn't be...

Interesting, that a 49ers news publication, Niners Nation, is reporting on the latest Cousins' comments on his contract talks, following him very closely.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/4/...ntract-situation-i-want-to-be-where-im-wanted

“I want to be where I’m wanted, and that’s what I’ve said all along,” Cousins told King. “When a team is willing to step up and commit to me fully for the long haul, then why would I want to be anywhere else?”

So, Kirk is singin this tune...

Seems like either Derek Carr is waiting to see what Cousins gets (IF Cousins signs before July 15th) before Carr decides what to sign for, or Cousins is waiting to see what Carr gets, before Cousins signs.

I'd definitely agree. I would also ask how much of a difference could the two actually expect considering both will be in that $25M @ year/5 year area contract wise? I don't see one getting $25M @ year and the other getting $30M+ or something. Carr has more time to string things out - don't know if that's good or bad but he hasn't been through the tag process.

While none of us laymen know what has been offered; Oakland is in a better position to start low (for now) while Washington does not have that advantage, if they want to sign Kirk.

I believe this has more to do with guarantees/signing bonus versus actual salary. The Redskins have paid for last year and willing to pay the tag this year at 100% guaranteed plus putting him in the upper echelon salary wise. The Skins have kinda painted themselves in a corner by showing what they are willing to pay and guarantee. Some other team next year might be willing to pay close to Washington's current offer. Why not take the tag this year and then take about the same contract (or better) as being offered now next year, alibi possibly a 4 year deal, with some team (still could be the Redskins)? And if he doesn't get something as good anywhere next year, for whatever reason, or quite as much as he may make under contract this season, he has banked $45M in 2 years.

Here is a development- Derek Carr reportedly finalizing a deal with Raiders at 25m per. Yet to see any details on the terms, guaranteed dollars, etc.

The market is now set.

It's done. Cousins and Stafford next in line at the ATM.

Our FO would have been smart to have gotten a deal done first, then we set the market. Now, we let someone else help dictate things.

To a degree we don't know if FO or Kirk. But in all my experience with deals if you make a legit offer up front it normally easy to get a deal done.

Gonna overpay either way.

If #8 and his agent continue to demand stupid money, then, he gets to keep the stupid money he'll have stolen this year, and last. Then when he flops with his new team in 2018, he won't care. Because he got paid.

Can you trade someone under the tag AFTER the deadline to sign a LTC?

Gonna overpay either way.

If #8 and his agent continue to demand stupid money, then, he gets to keep the stupid money he'll have stolen this year, and last. Then when he flops with his new team in 2018, he won't care. Because he got paid.

Can you trade someone under the tag AFTER the deadline to sign a LTC?

Yep. See Matt Cassel. Tagged by NE and then traded to KC. As long as he's signed the tender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.