• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Good Stuff...

Hehe!

What an amazing game. I do wish I could have been there.

Also sorry I didn't join you guys in chat tonight.

As my other half is a Packers fan and the two games were st the same time we had to flip a coin for who got gamepass first. Ended up with us watching the Packers game.

For 3/4 of the game it was dreary and I was rabidly avoiding spoilers for the Skins game. Wifey would mute the tv every time there was a game break and we'd taped over the bottom of the screen so I couldn't see the ticker.

I was also avoiding all social media, Internet and Fantasy scores.

Wifey meanwhile was live blogging with her Packers group so she could see the score.

All she would say was... Your game is REALLY interesting!!!! Lol
The Packers game ended in heartbreak for her team and then we immediately flicked over to watch the Skins!

It was glorious! 😃

I know it was one of the worst defenses in the NFL, but we beat them up and down that field today...we were the better team all day long.

It looks like RB by committee can win in the NFL.

Alfred Morris - 15 rushes for 92 yards

Matt Jones - 11 rushes for 56 yards

Chris Thompson - 2 rushes for 52 yards

I know it was one of the worst defenses in the NFL, but we beat them up and down that field today...we were the better team all day long.

It looks like RB by committee can win in the NFL.

Alfred Morris - 15 rushes for 92 yards

Matt Jones - 11 rushes for 56 yards

Chris Thompson - 2 rushes for 52 yards

It CAN win in the NFL...

What's also missing from those stats is the receiving

Matt Jones - 3 rec 131 yds 1 td

Chris Thompson - 1 rec 23 yds

Alfred Morris - 3 rec 14 yds

Thats another 168 yards in offense.

The O-Line balled out this game and I hope it's an indication that they are growing, learning, and working more and more as a unit.

You know how I said we need to stop ekeing out one point wins against bad teams at home?

We stopped doing that. :)

Holding Brees and Co to 14 is no joke!

Compton ran the D well starting at ILB.

Secondary was the healthiest it has been all year!

I gave the team a 50/50 shot at winning, mostly because I didn't know what teams would show up (good/bad Redskins vs good/bad Saints)... We got the good Redskins vs the bad Saints... That doesn't take anything away from the performance, because the fact that I think this team had a solid chance to win against the good Saints the way it played. Now, can Gruden/McVay commit to the run like they did in this game?

It sure is fun to play a team that considers defense to be optional.

Holding Brees and Co to 14 is no joke!

Compton ran the D well starting at ILB.

Secondary was the healthiest it has been all year!

I really like that kid...wish he were just a step faster.

Compton reminds me a bit of Neal Olkewicz. Just a good old fashioned football player.

Not just that, but they took advantage of it. How many years have we seen the Redskins make a terrible defense look good. Not the case yesterday. They dominated fatty's defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just that, but they took advantage of it. How many years have we seen the Redskins make a terrible defense look good. Not the case yesterday. They dominated fatty's defense.

It's easy to discount a win against a very poor team. But look a little deeper, and you'll find significance.
A sub-par team plays a very poor team, and they just eek out a win.
But when you totally annihilate a very poor team, then you're not sub-par team. You're a good team, at the least.
That's what good teams do. They totally dismantle the really poor ones.

Seems the team has finally stopped acting like a bunch of seagulls - and stopped flocking around.

image.jpeg

New Orleans is/was the #1 overall offense in the league

Averaging 313.2 yards passing per game and rushing for 101.3 and scoring 25.5 per

We held them to 192 passing, 158 rushing, and 14 scored

Not bad at all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Maybe not the best thread for this but I'd like to remind all that it is Cowboy Week............ sigh, just doesn't have quite the same 'gut' right now but as the game gets closer it'll pickup some..... a lot...... or a whole lot

Maybe someone will start the appropriate thread.
I'm sure there will be a nice blog coming up and Serv will 'poke' around and pick up some bits from 'the other side'

But just for kicks, check out this blurb and maybe some of those ol' juices will begin to flow.

Dayum, hard to believe it's been 10 years

It was Week 2 of the 2005 season, and Joe Gibbs' offense was sputtering badly inside of Texas Stadium. After putting up just nine points in the season opener, the unit found themselves down 13-0 late in the fourth quarter to Bill Parcells' squad. Throw in the fact that Mark Brunell and Co. were facing a fourth-and-15 with less than four minutes to go, and things were looking pretty hopeless for the visitors.

It's still The Good Stuff

Man, I miss Moss.
I'm kind of surprised he didn't latch onto any other team this year. I wonder if it was his choice, or he didn't get any offers.
He was exactly right, about what he said last year ; when he retires, there won't be any big announcement, or retirement party, or P.R. hoopla.
He'll just go out, quietly into the night.

Someone mentioned a rumor once, that Dan Snyder offered him a position within the organization, whenever he retired.
I wonder if that ever happened.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.