• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Good Stuff...

Both lines looked very solid for the second straight week. If this keeps up I'll have to admit it's a trend. :)

I also liked how the Redskins responded to the Rams third quarter comeback. I'm guessing the Rams were a little flat after beating the Seahawks but they woke up in the second half and we actually held them off. This was a nice, well earned win.

Now let's go out there next week and do it again.

The rams had 350 some yards of offense today we held them to 213 yards of total offense out Defense might be pretty stout

Ill throw in some other good news. Make this football day feel soooo good.

Tony Romo - Broken Collar bone. Out 8+ Weeks. Dez out 10-12 weeks.

Eagles look even more dysfunctional than we do. Murray ran for 13 carries for 2 yards. 2 YARDS! Best RB in the league what?

Giants cannot seal the deal on any of their games. Another game they threw away in the 4th.

Im going to wear this jersey all week!

Matt jones had and outstanding game some complained he was a reach but if he helps us a few more games like this it will be worth it

He wasn't a reach, he was a steal. I think it's already pretty clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't a reach, he was a steal. I think it's already pretty clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few more games like this and he will be the biggest running back hiest since Alfred was taken lol

Of all the teams that have played 2 games we have given up the fewest points

for now at least
Week two ranks.jpg

Of all the teams that have played 2 games we have given up the fewest points

I'm pretty happy with this. Not that I think we have played a high powered offense with a real franchise QB yet but I'm still pretty happy with it.

I was overjoyed with the line play today, on both sides of the ball. This is starting to look like real Redskin football again.

I'm pretty happy with this. Not that I think we have played a high powered offense with a real franchise QB yet but I'm still pretty happy with it.

Well, it's certainly better than a sharp stick in the eye. :)

This thread should be over flowing guys! That was a GREAT game! Sure, there are all kinds of qualifiers you can throw in there if you want, but I for one am going to enjoy it. Scot's focus on the lines is showing big time so far and paying enormous dividends. That was a terrific gameplan and great execution yesterday. Enormously positive steps were taken yesterday, enjoy it!

We're not the only one's noticing:

It seems strange to say, but could this all be breaking right for … Washington? Granted, they’re still a team with major flaws, but they pulled off the most impressive win by an NFC East team so far this season by stomping the Rams on Sunday, 24-10. Their offensive line did a great job of holding off a dominant Rams pass rush, with Kirk Cousins taking just two sacks and four knockdowns on 29 dropbacks. And Cousins was brilliant, going 23-of-27 for 203 yards and a touchdown without DeSean Jackson in the lineup. There were plenty of checkdowns in that group, given that Cousins averaged 6.2 air yards per throw, but checkdowns are fine when they prevent sacks and generate efficient offensive play.

That same offensive line generated a running game that was led by rookie running back Matt Jones, who may be winning the job away from veteran Alfred Morris before our eyes. Both Morris and Jones traded big gains on Washington’s first scoring drive using the same tactics. Morris started things with a 35-yard run, as Washington came out in a three-tight-end set and overpowered St. Louis’s front seven before deep safety Rodney McLeod accelerated too quickly into the box and lost the angle on Morris, costing the team 20 yards.

Two plays later, this time with two tight ends, Jones took a 39-yarder to the house when McLeod again overpursued toward the line of scrimmage and was unable to recover, as Jones bounced his run outside and the Rams had nobody else deep enough to help out.

What’s even more promising is the work being done by the defense. Miami and St. Louis aren’t exactly the league’s most explosive offenses, but Washington’s defense has held them to a total of 20 points through two games, with the Dolphins throwing in a punt-return touchdown. It says something that Nick Foles looked far more comfortable against the Seahawks in Week 1 than he did against Washington, which held him to 150 passing yards on a 17-for-32 day. Joe Barry’s unit sacked Foles only once, but they knocked him down six times and pressured him on 32.4 percent of dropbacks despite rarely blitzing. Only the Cowboys blitzed less frequently in Week 2. Washington would have won even more handily if the Rams hadn’t recovered all three fumbles on the day.

It would be silly to say that Washington is the favorite or even close to being the favorite to win the East; the team was lethargic against the Dolphins in Week 1, and they’re inevitably a Cousins-disaster game or two away from looking longingly at Colt McCoy on the bench. But two weeks ago, it would have been comical to think that Washington even had a prayer of winning the East. Now, very subtly, you can see the curtain beginning to open.

NFL Week 2 Wrap: Undefeated Cowboys Feeling Anything But «

Great article...but I don't like how alfred once again is pushed to the back. Jones had a good game...morris has had good years. Let's save the "replacing morris" talk for a while.

There is nothing wrong with a 2 headed monster in the backfield

Yeah, I have the same concern, Mike. However, this is a business and if Jones is the better back then The Butler will slide down the depth chart no matter how classy a guy he is or how much we fans love him.

Great article...but I don't like how alfred once again is pushed to the back. Jones had a good game...morris has had good years. Let's save the "replacing morris" talk for a while.

There is nothing wrong with a 2 headed monster in the backfield

I totally agree here... Jones fumbled too. Alfred has better vision and better patience in the running game. Jones will get there. He is a really strong running back, but it's one game where Jones looked like the better back. ALF is going to get his 1k yards this year.

Like I said at the end, there is nothing wrong with a 2 headed monster. Makes the defense have to respect the run no matter who is in, both guys can stay fresh, and it means less people being able to drop back in coverage against us.

Jones looked GREAT yesterday. He did. There is nothing bad to take away from him outside of that fumble. I just hate how the media crowns one and dismisses the other after one game. We saw how they had a huge hand in the whole Griffin fiasco; I don't want to see it happen again with these guys.

Gruden probably isn't tied emotionally to Morris like a lot of us are, and maybe that's a good thing. If Jones proves out over the whole year that he is the better back, then he should get the start. One game doth not a proven back him make, however. I think he surprised the Rams yesterday, which is awesome; let's see if he can catch other teams off guard.

Gruden will probably rotate the two fairly heavily throughout the season, would be my guess. Keeps both of them fresh and you know opposing D's have to HATE tackling either brick wall in the 4th. That's the kind of running game I frickin' love.

Having two great runners is a great problem to have. Unlike QBs, you can play them both.

B Mitch was touting his new nickname for Alf and Jones, T&T...... Thump and Thud
Guess we'll have to see if it catches on.

Having 2 RB like this is great especially when the other can come in and take over good compliments to each other

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.