• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Good Stuff...

Matt Jones beasting, Djax on one leg, Reed, D when we needed it.
A little too close....... thought after Kirk threw that one it was going to turn bad...... but the guys did it.

Of course it was against a bad team, right?.

Lots of great stuff today. Jordan Reed maybe being the best of it.

Kyle no longer being here is huge too.

Panthers 30
Atlanta 0

Matt Jones beasting

Where is his head during the game ?
Bonehead after bonehead play.
First, he's way out of place on the screen play, on our next to last drive.
Then he fails to realize he's not down, when nobody touches him on the tipped ball. He even had Crowder pulling him up, telling him to keep going. The scary thing is he never seemed to "wake up", as he remained in some kind of daze until the very end of the play, when the ball luckily bounced right back in his hands.
Then on the last drive, when we're simply trying to run out the clock, he comes inches away from going out of bounds, and critically stopping the clock.
And also seemed to continue to carry the ball loosely.
I think if he's tested for weed, he may fail that piss test.

Heheh. He's a Rookie and he's gonna make mistakes. That play to get down without going out of bounds was first class heads up. As good as putting the ball down without being touched was bad. That push to win it with that last first down was pure determination awesomeness, and he's carrying the ball higher and tighter. Seems to have fixed that issue.

Heheh. He's a Rookie and he's gonna make mistakes. That play to get down without going out of bounds was first class heads up. As good as putting the ball down without being touched was bad. That push to win it with that last first down was pure determination awesomeness, and he's carrying the ball higher and tighter. Seems to have fixed that issue.

The kid was playing his guts out, yeah he's not a polished professional .....yet... but I'll take that kind of want-to over some rook who thinks 'he's made it' by just being drafted.

This is good.

Dallas.jpg

I know that Jay Gruden is not the most popular of guys in this neck of the woods, but I give him a lot of credit for the quick start in yesterday's game.

Following a deflating game against Dallas, a bad start in the first few series' of the game could have easily derailed Sunday vs. the Bears and the season for that matter.

We looked sharp early and the quick start was enough to help us mitigate the damage of the push back from the Bears in the second half.

Much like the team as a whole, we need these small subtle improvements on the part of Gruden to become much more consistent on a week-to-week basis going forward.

Regardless, the season in large part (regardless of the current standings) has been a breath of fresh air compared to the last two years where I lacked any semblance of excitement and enthusiasm come Sunday.

Had any of us been told prior to the season that we'd be a game under .500 with three to go, we all would likely have been coloured impressed.

Last edited:
While Gruden deserves credit we have veteran leadership that is also stepping up after games in practice which is great relief from the years guys just came to get a paycheck

I thought that while watching it. He had both arms firmly wrapped around that ball and I thought there was no way they were prizing it loose. And the Bears were trying.

To be honest the bears made loads of errors that gifted us that game to a degree. That was an example, I was watching Jones run and was thinking that if the Bears had put him in the turf short of the first down instead of trying to strip him, they'd have had that ball back with a few seconds on the clock.

Also that drive where Gould missed the 50 yarder... what were they thinking taking deep shots at us instead of grabbing a few more yards to make the kick easier.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they stuffed up, but there were times when I seriously questioned their thinking. On that drive I was just waiting for them to use Forte to get them 7 or 8 yards closer for the FG.

Lots of great stuff today. Jordan Reed maybe being the best of it.

Kyle no longer being here is huge too.

Panthers 30
Atlanta 0

I dunno... since Kyle went to the Panthers they're on a roll. Unbeaten, high scoring offense and....

what?

He went to the Falcons you say?

Oh dear... :(

Some good stuff but dayum this one was close. Gotta hear that whistle before giving it up Mr. Jones.

Jone's almost.jpg

Jones has that 'rep' so guys are going to keep trying to strip that ball loose, he's pretty big and might not be that easy to get down anyway so yeah, get him down asap.

Some good stuff but dayum this one was close. Gotta hear that whistle before giving it up Mr. Jones.

Jones has that 'rep' so guys are going to keep trying to strip that ball loose, he's pretty big and might not be that easy to get down anyway so yeah, get him down asap.

I'm not a big college fan, so I'm not sure, but isn't the rule in college, that as soon as the player with the ball hits the ground, he's down, regardless of whether a defensive player touched him ?
Maybe we can chalk that "fumble" on getting accustomed to NFL rules, and not so much of a bonehead play.

Yeah. He would have been down by college rules and he just brain farted on that as what he's used too.

I'm not a big college fan, so I'm not sure, but isn't the rule in college, that as soon as the player with the ball hits the ground, he's down, regardless of whether a defensive player touched him ?
Maybe we can chalk that "fumble" on getting accustomed to NFL rules, and not so much of a bonehead play.
Yeah, thought that too when the play was ongoing, wasn't 100% on the college rules but did recall being down was different, think one foot inbounds makes for a catch in college too.

The kid was probably so juiced up making sure he caught the ball to make the play that he just forgot where he was or got faked out by Crowder's touch.

He'll know better next time and will probably hang on to the ball until he's on the sideline or the ref makes him give it up.. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.