• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Spooky stuff...

Miles Monroe

The Owner's Favorite
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
While it's likely too late to book for tomorrow night, here's a nice abandoned amusment park in W VA that does tours on Holloween.

Halloween for Adults: Nocturnal Tours of the Cursed Carnival | Messy Nessy Chic

Just another abandoned American amusement park? Not really, because this one gives tours … at night … on Halloween. Oh, and Jconstant unexplained activity suggests the place is very much haunted, very much cursed and certainly, no place for children. In 1926, a man by the name of C.T Snidow purchased a plot of land at Lake Shawnee, Virginia, not quite aware of its history. He turned it into an amusement park called Wild West shows with a grand ferris wheel, a giant circle swing, water rides, a racetrack and various carnival stands along with cabins for guests to stay in during their summertime retreat. Business was good until in the 1950s when tragedy struck.

How about abandoned houses.... nice little collection here
21 Houses to Avoid on Halloween | Messy Nessy Chic

Hell, if you're really into it, you can buy your own ghost town... for a song.

For Sale! The Ghost Town that Nobody Wanted | Messy Nessy Chic

JJohnsonville, Connecticut may be completely void of (human) inhabitants at present and characterised by those particular houses where one might occasionally see the faint shadows of children in nightgowns watching you from the attic window, but hey– a few licks of paint and a good spring clean to wash those ghosts right out of your lair and you could be calling it home in no time! The 62 acre historic village in the nutmeg state goes up for auction with a starting bid of $800,000 in four days time.

Maybe a good book / old horror flick like Phantom of the Opera.... or a story based on real people ?
Unmasking the Parisian Phantom of the Opera | Messy Nessy Chic

WWhat if I told you there is a lake under the Paris Opera House, just like in The Phantom of the Opera?
Down, down, down, deep underneath the Garnier Opera in a dingy room with a square-shaped hole in the middle, I found it. Resting in the hole was a ladder that seemed to be descending into nowhere. “What’s this?” I asked. “That,” answered my guide with a twinkle in her eye, “is the lake.”

Hell, you don't even have to go to France to find spooky opera stuff....
The Secret Symphonic Stage Forgotten 40 feet below a Local Piano Shop | Messy Nessy Chic

BBoston has its own phantom of the opera; a vast and forgotten 120 year-old concert theatre buried 40 feet below street level. One of the city’s best-kept secrets, the sleeping concert hall reminiscent of Italian Renaissance style, has been closed for more than 70 years, hidden away from the public below the unassuming old storefront of piano seller M. S Steinert & Sons on Boylston Street.

Yes, I remember all the talk about this commercial.

so...bump for a reason

last night the wife and i were watching a show called "new girl" and at the end Shania Twain's song "any man of mine" comes on....

the boy sees it and starts doing his little dance to it and the wife thinks it is just too cool. she grabs her camera, I rewind it, and he gets down to dancing again. About 2/3 of the way thru the video she says "oh my gosh...you will need to see this"

Does anyone else see the orbs? I am not a HUGE skeptic or believer either way enough but I know what I see there. As we were sleeping last night at 00:59 his musical chair decides to start playing the "ABC song". He is always talking to himself in his room, we can hear him playing in his crib usually around 3AM and then goes right back to sleep, and we have pictures of him with these "orbs" around his head as well.
View attachment 2129

now it could be dust in that picture...it could be. and something could be on the tv or in the room (no mirrors or windows open) that could be causing this. I AM a logical person....but this is odd.

Hmmm, def see it. I keep an open mind as well but first thing I'd check is dust specs on the lens. I'm sure EL and MM may know more on the photography explanations.

As long as he isn't scared or crying in between the chatter I wouldn't worry. Could be angels, if you believe in them.. I do fwiw.

Does the chair record songs or something?

it doesnt record songs but if you step on it, it plays one song. if you open something it plays another. that kind of stuff. Sian believes it is our grandparents but I don't "feel" my grandma in the house....

I do believe, too. I just dont want to push it out like an agenda. I really have NO idea what it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.