• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Offseason Edition, Free Agency 2014

Definitely not saying you're wrong, Lanky... Just saying why I don't want to pay a premium for him.

& fansince62, It's all gotta start at the OLine. I hope they get it right!

Definitely not saying you're wrong, Lanky... Just saying why I don't want to pay a premium for him.

& fansince62, It's all gotta start at the OLine. I hope they get it right!

I just don't see how teams continually get this wrong. Many like to suggest it is a different game today, but teams that win almost invariably have dominant OL's...if not their defense is lights out.

We have a better chance of becoming competitive more quickly by a few pieces along the OL than we do concentrating our limited resources on defense.

I don't see our resources as limited as some do.

Improve where you can, when you can. By any means necessary.

Monday morning update for this week.

The following contracts have voided (or will void) and here is how much the Redskins will save under the cap.

Josh Morgan - Savings of $6.3 mil
London Fletcher - Savings of $4.1 mil
Brandon Meriweather - Savings of $2.2 mil

Here is a list of possible cuts and the savings that will be generated.

* - Chris Chester - Savings of $2.7 mil
* - Adam Carriker - Savings of $3.2 mil
* - Stephen Bowen - Savings of $2.0 mil
** - Will Montgomery - Savings of $1.9 mil
** - Sav Rocca - Savings of $1.2 mil
* - Tyler Polumbus - Savings of $1.0 mil
*** - Jarvis Jenkins - Savings of $1.0 mil

* = Likely to be cut
** = Possible cut
*** = Likely staying

You just made my day with Tyler Polumbus listed as "likely to be cut."

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I don't see at this point bringing back a 40 year old punter who had one of the lowest averages in the NFC in 2013.

Players don't get better at 40, they retire.

I won't be sad to see Sav Rocca go. It pained me to watch him last year. I wanted him to be good SO BADLY, that it nearly killed me watching him suck.

Glad we're gonna finally focus on the o-line.....it's all about the trenches, as we all know. Nothing happens without the Hogs....and as good (great?) as RGII and Alfred Morris are, without a line to protect, defend and promote, nothing will happen in 2014 either.

Admittedly don't know anything about him, but he's an experienced 3-4 ILB.

Is D'Qwell Jackson someone we should be looking at? For the right price, of course.

Yeah, he's a Maryland kid.

Cap casualty in Cleveland.

I know nothing about his game. I do know we need ILB help. Maybe our new OLB coach, from Cleveland, will have an idea if he could help us.

I surely don't know.

EDIT: Who's our man in Ohio, SC Redskins?(sp) Maybe he has a take on the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
D'Qwell was rookie of the year, iirc. Then he got injured maybe? Could be thinking of someone else.

Edit: Nope, I was wrong.

Aside from everything else, he's 6'2, 228. Too small for the 3-4, IMO. Fletcher was only 5'10, but a rock-solid 245.

Yeah, he's a Maryland kid.

Cap casualty in Cleveland.

From what I heard it goes beyond this. Cleveland has plenty of cap space...could have easily taken his cap hit. Makes me wonder why they'd let him go otherwise.

Evidently the Broncos are interested with Woodyard being a free agent.

We need younger players, I don't see him coming here.

Yeah, along with regime change, he may have other issues with management.

According to the B/R, he doesn't get high marks for playing against the run. Though it's said he's good in coverage, and a pretty sure tackler once he gets there.

Guess we'll know soon enough if our gang is interested. I'm not as against bringing in experienced players as some.

Evidently the Broncos are interested with Woodyard being a free agent.

We need younger players, I don't see him coming here.

I cannot believe we are back to the same ole' question...we all know we need younger players, but what about a 1 or 2 year deal to fill needs til we can draft or acquire a younger player for the position?

Or...do we roll the dice with players like Baccarri Rambo and take our lumps?

I think the ILB position is a position we may want to plug a vet in for the time being since we need to address OL with at least a FA signing, at least a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick and push one of the younger guys we have who has not seen the field...and at least one Vet DB since it looks like we are releasing Meriwhether.

Edit: I don't want that to come across as an endorsement for D'Qwell, but he could plug a hole. Like was said, looks like he will fill the void for a competitve team.

Last edited:
It's not that simple. I don't see Jackson getting a big contract but with 3 or 4 teams after him You aren't going to get him for vet minimum and incentives.

Besides at 31 my guess is Jackson wants to win now so the Broncos and Colts would seem to have the upper hand.

It's not that simple. I don't see Jackson getting a big contract but with 3 or 4 teams after him You aren't going to get him for vet minimum and incentives.

Besides at 31 my guess is Jackson wants to win now so the Broncos and Colts would seem to have the upper hand.

I addressed this in the edit from my OP. I don't see Jackson coming here. Not sure I'd want it either...who knows? What I do know is there are so many holes, we will likely need to plug a vet into slot with a 1 or 2 year contract. Younger players are a great idea, but I refer you to Baccarri Rambo again. Even though he did progress toward the end of the season, by that I mean he wasn't missing every tackle he could.

Well that was one sixth round draft pick made by the previous regime.

The Redskins are going to have to do better in Day 2 of the draft.

Of course we are going to sign some vets, but the vet min guys usually are out there until after the draft.

No sense committing to a guy for depth if a quality pick at the same position falls in your lap.

Jackson is too small to play ILB in the 3-4. You need thumpers who can take on linemen and blow them up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.