• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Offseason Edition, Free Agency 2014

Doesn't seem like we are jettisoning many players from a 3-13 team.

Moss is 35 years old. That money can't be more gainfully employed?

Not everyone thinks they were 3-13 because they lacked talent across the board :)

In addition to that, without moss you have no vet WR on the roster. Some people value that.

And as far as I can tell, Moss was a really reliable guy in 2012 when Griffin was healthy. He made some spectacular possession catches.

Not everyone thinks they were 3-13 because they lacked talent across the board :)

In addition to that, without moss you have no vet WR on the roster. Some people value that.

And as far as I can tell, Moss was a really reliable guy in 2012 when Griffin was healthy. He made some spectacular possession catches.

He struggled a little bit with the dropsies, but yeah I am one that values a vet presence. I was worried with Fletcher leaving that our leadership would drop off greatly, and having Moss there is a good, solid piece in the lockeroom.

You've got to be kidding. Was this write up a joke?

Sounds like a right guard version of Tyler Polumbus.

Can someone with knowledge of the player clarify why we just signed him to a $17M deal?

Cleveland evidently didn't have interest in resigning him despite his being a third round pick.

Last edited:

Can someone with knowledge if the player clarify why we just signed him to a $17M deal?

For whatever it's worth, Polumbus grades out pretty decently by everyone but redskins fans :)

Can someone with knowledge if the player clarify why we just signed him to a $17M deal?

Nothing confirmed as far as numbers but the report is 17 over 4 years. Not sure what is guaranteed, but I have to think it's not a lot of guaranteed money. He's coming off injury...yup, another one of those signings...so I guess they think they're getting value.

I am hesitant to post this but Corey Graham, CB in Baltimore, is reportedly visiting. He's a solid CB, not great.

I get it. We are collecting all of the #3 picks from the 2010 draft! :)

There for a minute I thought we were only hunting backups.

Glad to see I was mistaken.

After Josh Wilson and Billy Cundiff I am cautious about going dumpster diving with the Ravens.

Usually when you leave Baltimore Newsome knows you are either done or are simply adequate and can be replaced for less.

Former Buccaneers LB Adam Hayward has reached agreement on a three-year deal with the Redskins, per source. (twitter)

After Josh Wilson and Billy Cundiff I am cautious about going dumpster diving with the Ravens.

Usually when you leave Baltimore Newsome knows you are either done or are simply adequate and can be replaced for less.

Things are falling apart up there. They are trying to retain their LT, Eugene Monroe, and have numerous other FA's leaving. None are top tier signings, but Graham and Ihedigbo would be solid acquisitions.

Adam Hayward? Who the ***? :laugh: Are we filling up special teams?

Hayward is 29 and a career backup. He can play all 3 spots and teams.

Another backup. Couldn't we have signed a guy like this after the draft?

His stats are low because he doesn't play much in the base defense.

Turns out my joke is accurate. Looks like an Allen draft pick with a career on special teams. Probably signed for nothing guaranteed.

I was just gonna say, I wonder if Allen drafted him.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Hayward is 29 and a career backup. He can play all 3 spots and teams.

Another backup. Couldn't we have signed a guy like this after the draft?

His stats are low because he doesn't play much in the base defense.

Maybe the mentality is to get quality backups with experience, and draft starters? If someone you draft doesn't work out or pick it up as quickly as you hope, you have someone to fall back on?

I'm just taking stabs in the dark. If the big splash guys are getting all the attention maybe solid backup/competition guys are available and hungry for someone to talk to and get a contract from?

I don't know, but one thing I do know is that after 10+ years of free agency splashes I'm going to have a hard time ridiculing the team for taking a slow and steady approach. I may be stupid for blindly having faith in this front office, but at no point will I request we return the ways of old when everyone knew exactly what we were going to do 3 weeks before free agency started...

To me not going after a Byrd or Talib meant more ammo to get mid-tier starters with some upside.

I am OK with Roberts but someone has to talk me through Lauvao and Hayward.

Lauvao might have started in Cleveland but the line was awful.

Hayward is a backup in the mold of Bryan Kehl.

when we go after the big names we get ridiculed
when we take it slow we get ridiculed

maybe this guy can help on ST? we all know we need it there.

they can take it slow for the next 40 years and i wont criticize them.

i think there's a serious chance i have suffered traumatic brain injury from the cerrato era. i'm not kidding, there's something wrong with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.