• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

I don't know that leadership is something we need at that position. It is going to be all about whether the addition of Doctson and Pryor can adequately mitigate the loss of Garçon and Jackson, plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anquan Boldin is still sitting out there unsigned, he proved again last year in Detroit he has what it takes to have impact. He no longer has to pull down 80 or more, we got the youngins for that, but he can be the leader. Dude is still clutch. And he will be available until the 1st or 2nd week of training camp. I would much rather see us bring him in for leadership and clutch play, than see Ryan Grant "be able to play every position" even if he plays those positions poorly.

I do not understand this team's fascination with old,broken down DeAngelo Hall.

Time is long overdue to move on and get younger.

I do not understand this team's fascination with old,broken down DeAngelo Hall.

Time is long overdue to move on and get younger.

You can say that again.

As much shit as we seem to get from our local team media, this was a fun read from one of the nationals.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...y-you-should-root-for-the-washington-redskins

My favorite part:

People sure like to talk stuff and say how bad this trade was for the Redskins. Jeff Fisher and St. Louis even trolled them with all of the players nabbed with those picks serving as team captains in a game between the two teams. But guess what? The Redskins made the playoffs with RGIII. St. Louis no longer has a team. There you go.

There you go. [emoji846]

Grant is another Tyler Jacobs.

Jacobs was a 2nd rounder. Grant was a 5th rounder.

A 2nd rounder is expected to eventually start. If a 5th rounder contributes, even as a backup, it's a bonus.

Big, big difference.

Last edited:
Yeah, but Vinny and Spurrier were in love with Jacobs like Gruden has wood for Grant.

Both sets of coaches raved about guys that didn't do much on the field :mad:

With the roster currently at 90, and filled with camp bodies who will probably never play a down in the NFL, now is probably not the time to complain about any experienced veteran being among the 90 :wink:
When we get down to 53, that's a different story.

Last edited:
Doug Williams kind of scared the schlitz out of me to be honest. In his interview, he says if Cousins leaves next season, we have Colt as a short term, and possible long term answer. The FO better get their act together real fast, and sign Cousins, or we'll be so screwed it's hard to imagine.
"If that doesn't happen, if Kirk doesn't sign a long-term contract -- which I hope he does -- that tells if not, we gotta go to work," Williams said. "We gotta search long and hard to find that guy. But at the same time, we got a capable backup here in Colt McCoy, who can hold the fort down for a while or even take it the long distance."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ams-skins-want-cousins-long-term-in-worst-way

I'm sorry, but Williams always struck me as being about one or two ballpeen shy of 'dumber than a bag of hammers'. I just don't see what he's accomplished off the football field to warrant this job or a lot of confidence.

Eh, doesn't scare me. Be nice to have #8. At a decent price.

But we can live without him.

He'll never do better anywhere else. If he's just about the money, let him walk.

Doug Williams kind of scared the schlitz out of me to be honest. In his interview, he says if Cousins leaves next season, we have Colt as a short term, and possible long term answer. The FO better get their act together real fast, and sign Cousins, or we'll be so screwed it's hard to imagine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ams-skins-want-cousins-long-term-in-worst-way

I'm sorry, but Williams always struck me as being about one or two ballpeen shy of 'dumber than a bag of hammers'. I just don't see what he's accomplished off the football field to warrant this job or a lot of confidence.

That's not how I took his statement.
I saw it as a negotiating tactic, to shift the appearance of leverage, so the Skins don't appear so desperate in Kirk's eyes, and show him he doesn't have them by the nads.

My breakout player prediction for players making a major jump are...
Crowder
Fuller
P. Smith
Scherff

That's not how I took his statement.
I saw it as a negotiating tactic, to shift the appearance of leverage, so the Skins don't appear so desperate in Kirk's eyes, and show him he doesn't have them by the nads.

I don't know.... using lines like "in the worst way," and "All I can do is hope and pray that Kirk looks at the big picture," doesn't strike me as looking for leverage, it sounds almost desperate. Sounds like somebody speaking the truth, but not quite smart enough to realize he shouldn't with the media. Cousins is in the driver seat, and has been. He knows he can go else wear and get a nice contract next season, weather he does well there or not doesn't even matter. The Skins are the only ones able to lose big in this situation.

In other news, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of "The Slants" trademark case.

Redskins 4ever!!!!

Days until the first practice of Training Camp :

835288494518.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Days to Training Camp...

9951fc07425a36394a476ccf3dc22b98.jpg

Anyone else excited of our Pryor, Crowder, Doctson & Reed lineup??!?!

A legit commitment to pounding the rock will give our pass catching core some crazy #'s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.