• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

It appears Decker is going to end up getting traded. Doubt they would take Matt Jones for him. :)

Gruden: 'Grant is playing the Z. He can do a little bit of everything for us.'

Yeah, he does everything, but nothing he does is at an NFL breakout level.

We have spent 2-3 summers watching him play well and make the team only to disappear once it counts.

Maybe it's the weather. We need to trade him to Miami.

I sure hope we don't keep him over Quick or Davis if they show well in the preseason.

Grant is another Tyler Jacobs.

I feel you on that BD. He's had plenty of chances and has not impressed. When you have tier 3 or 4 talent, you'd better catch the ball when it comes to you. He had 19 balls thrown his way last season and could only pull in 9 of them. He's only caught more than 50% of balls once since we drafted him. Compare that to Crowder who averages about 70% receptions or Jordan Reed whose lowest career % was 74% last season.

It is my hope that Doctson and Harris push Grant off the roster.

No - it's not just you. This part of the year just craaaawls. Need a long-term deal done with Kirk to get some buzz going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So - cryptic media email from the Redskins tonight informing media that there will be a 'Team announcement to discuss changes to personnel department' tomorrow. Minor additions or something major? Seems like this must be something significant to warrant it's own press conference.

Sounds like decker might be released. Is he better? Thoughts.

Maclin signed with the RatBirds for 2 years. He needs to be fed as a #1 WR because when he has had a high number of targets in a season he has been substantially better than years he's been treated as a #2 target wise. Decker a good Red Zone target but Washington doesn't really need that type of player, at least prior to camp and while 30 not ancient really not necessary right now. Reed, Pryor, and hopefully Doctson in the RZ. Quick & Harris are big guys although maybe not a TD threat you gotta account for them. Maybe they could run the fades while everyone else stays to the interior... :abnormal:

I'm expecting just an announcement of a reshuffling of titles. I just think there were have been some more news about interviews if they were hiring someone else. Especially with the Rooney rule having to be followed. Maybe they cover that by talking to Doug Williams, but again I would have expected news like that to be made public.

Maclin signed with the RatBirds for 2 years.

Disappointed we weren't even in the play for him.
Without him, we don't truly have a "veteran leader" among the receivers. He could have filled that void, as well as the void still leftover from losing our top 2.
Salary cap reasons ?
Or maybe it's the whole "youth movement" we're going after. But a youth movement could still use a veteran presence.

I don't know that leadership is something we need at that position. It is going to be all about whether the addition of Doctson and Pryor can adequately mitigate the loss of Garçon and Jackson, plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.