• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Nothing to do with sensibilities. It's just stupid to not at least pretend you'd rather stay.

You could probably count on one hand the number of players in the history of free agency who didn't at least mouth the words, publicly, during negotiations.

#8 finally did. His agent probably had to tell him to do it.

He wasn't injured when he was drafted.

He was injured in one of our camps.

Also: It's January.

Let's see where he's at in July. If he can't run by then, by all means, give Scot hell.

True Dat. Not sure of his college injuries but I did pay attention to his play in college at TCU living in Dallas. He earned big stats but not against top talent. I think McClou ever estimated the player if indeed he was drafted as best player available. TCU was never a powerhouse.

Hey, I get your point. I just don't agree with it. Verbally posturing will ultimately have nothing to do with whether or not he is here next season or not. Granted it may help some fans feel better, but it's a business transaction that will be contracted solely on financial terms by both parties.

He said he would like to come to terms but that there are also other interested parties. We already knew that.

If I'm in negotiations, I'm not adding any ammo to the other side, including giving the impression I'd prefer to stay with the team. It would be all about coming out on top in the negotiations. Fans have allegiance to teams. Players, not so much. Not, at least, unless they build a long, positive history with the team. Kirk's not there yet.

It's a fine theory. But how often does a player up for a new contract, NOT at least mouth the words?
Answer: Almost never. Hasn't ever hurt anyone's bargaining position.

It's a fine theory. But how often does a player up for a new contract, NOT at least mouth the words?
Answer: Almost never. Hasn't ever hurt anyone's bargaining position.

It's especially unusual for a player who's known for being highly outspoken about his feelings and preferences ( 'you like that'...'how do you like me now', etc).

Good point Fear.

And the truth is, when last we saw #8 play, the answers to his questions would have been, "No", and "Not much at all".

Who cares really? He's just another player looking to get paid. It's a business. I just don't see the need for him to profess any desire one way or the other. I'd imagine he feels slighted not getting a contract last year, when lets face it, the history of the NFL is to pay a QB after that body of work. Whether we agree it's merited or not, you can bet your behind he did. I think he wants to be wanted, hasn't gotten that vibe and ain't reciprocating.

Great snag Fear. Seems like he's got a decent arm and mobility but RG3 smallish tho.

One thing I noticed is the Iowa o-line was giving him all damn day to throw, great blocking. Could possibly grab a lineman in there worthy of our picks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfFZHHxInI

Last edited:
Big Joe Jacoby should already be in the Hall of Fame.

But since he isn't, it will be another injustice, if he doesn't get voted in this Saturday.

I recorded all 5 Super Bowls we've attended with the annual repeats of all the previous Super Bowls, but I could not bring myself to watch the entire episode of the Raiders loss...Joe Gibbs gets all the acclaim we all know he should, if he repeats there. That team would go down as one of the GOAT had we repeated. Ugh! Marcus Allen destroyed us...kudos to Tom Flores for coming out after a tough loss to us at RFK earlier in the year and adjusting to beat us down in the SB. I still think we were the better team...dare I say we were out coached.

We were the better team that year when we got+2-3 turnovers a game.

The Raiders didn't turn it over, we did. Their defense was better than ours that year.

Joe Gibbs gets no respect when the media talks about great coaches.

In fact, his name is never brought up. You hear about Noll,Walsh,Parcells and Belichick, but not Gibbs.

He is a HOF head coach with multiple SuperBowls that is the most underrated and disrespected head coach in NFL History.

And yes, I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!

HOF vote is today.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed that Big Joe Jacoby makes it today.

Close, but without Tom he's not. W/out Montana, Walsh is not. W/out....nah, Knoll deserves to be mentioned. I would put Gibbs ahead of Shula and Walsh for the same reason I already mentioned. But I really can't argue with that list, simply where to put each in the top 6.

And like I mentioned earlier, Gibbs wins SB 18 and we're talking about him up there with Lombardi with no question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 2, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.