• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Nobody appreciates the irony of this more than I do, but my buddy is in Las Vegas and just met DeAngelo Hall. Guess he's busy spending that Cerrato money before he has to take a pay cut somewhere!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

when i watch brian mitchell and joe theisman do tv spots - either shows, or commercials - all i can think is "man, someone really over emphasized the power of hand gestures while talking with those guys"

it's almost distracting. they look like they're conducting a middle school band or something.

Is it anything like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfv1FhdaBBk

hah

this got me excited for next season:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nlV0aQkXUw[/media]

Watching that video got me all pumped up as well! Man it was fun watching Morris run, and Griffin do this thing.

I thoroughly enjoyed that video too. It was the single greatest season as a Redskins fan since our last Super Bowl in my opinion. The Gibbs' runs were pretty awesome, but this past season was not only satisfying in the accomplishment, but the promise of things to come.

Yeah, it's about that time of the year where season highlight videos should start pouring out.

I want to make one myself but I'm not exactly a video/creative guy... I have all the tools and access to all the game footage, just lacking the time and creative skills required :(

Yeah, it's about that time of the year where season highlight videos should start pouring out.

I want to make one myself but I'm not exactly a video/creative guy... I have all the tools and access to all the game footage, just lacking the time and creative skills required :(

Its all about the music choice & the timing - if you can time the big hits/events with the beat of whatever music you choose, it instantly upgrades the quality of the highlight video, at least IMO. That's what I've gathered from watching approximately a billion fan-made Redskins highlight videos. :)

btw, the video did not show up at all in your post, until I quoted you, the link shows

Interestingly enough, it didn't show for me in regular mode, but in BGO "lite" mode, it shows up. Not sure what the difference in setting is, but FWIW.

The multimedia plug-in we use, Goldbrick, is hinky sometimes.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, and maybe Brady still deserves this type of respect over anyone in the league, but this comment definitely made me raise my eyebrows a little bit.

Davis was also asked which active tight ends he would take over a healthy Fred Davis.

“Hmm. I mean, to be honest with you, the tight end that I really respect the most is Tony Gonzalez, because he’s been doing it for so long and he’s still relevant,” Davis said. “And that’s a great tight end to me, if you’re playing this long and you’re still making plays like that. Other than that, to be honest with you, I’m in competition right now. I’m in my veteran years. And if you really look at the stats — the numbers I’ve been putting up these last couple years when I’m able to get the ball — I think it would show for itself.”

So Davis was asked if he’d take a healthy Fred Davis over, say, Rob Gronkowski.

“He’s nice,” Davis admitted. “He’s nice. Give me Tom Brady and I’ll take myself.

To me, that reads like "if I had a good QB, I'd put up numbers like Gronk." Of course, he could just be saying Gronk's numbers are due to Tom Brady throwing him the ball, and not even saying anything about Griffin - which I suppose is the case. But still makes you stop and say "hmmmm..."

/offseason

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-says-hell-make-teams-regret-not-signing-him/

Thanks, this was total news to me.
The colors on that version are a little hard on the eyes, but maybe I'll get used to it
Admin User Note: member finds burgundy and gold "hard on the eyes." Possible rival fan in disguise.

Its all about the music choice & the timing - if you can time the big hits/events with the beat of whatever music you choose, it instantly upgrades the quality of the highlight video, at least IMO. That's what I've gathered from watching approximately a billion fan-made Redskins highlight videos. :)

Yeah, I know, there's a difference between knowing and doing though ;)
I've tried my hand over the past 6+ years at creative stuff and it never works out. It's just way the way I'm wired, most creative people can't program most programmers can't do creative stuff; there are exceptions, but it's pretty good rule of thumb.

I'll try it out when/if I have time. Trust me, I'll let you see it, I'm not shy about my failures, I normally enjoy laughing at them with others ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.