• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

There is always 3 sides to every divorce his hers and the truth

So what is the bad news from that McLoughan story that has everyone depressed? Is him giving his opinion what really has everyone down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I simply think it is interesting. Nothing will change. This is just an interesting take from his perspective. I'm not sure if we will ever hear Bruce's perspective, but it's not really important anyway.

In looking for the good, at least he says Snyder doesn't meddle anymore

Really? I found that possibly the most depressing part of the story. Granted, it may all be fabricated, or 100% true or somewhere in the middle, but we've been hearing for the last 15 years that Dan has finally figured it out and he will be staying out of the way and not meddling. Seriously, every year we're told it isn't happening any more, with each new regime.

Now he's serious about it though? At some point, it's the boy who cried no more meddling.

I simply think it is interesting. Nothing will change. This is just an interesting take from his perspective. I'm not sure if we will ever hear Bruce's perspective, but it's not really important anyway.

Yeah. I read that as him giving his opinion and his side of the story. He could be right or wrong and I don't think it would change his story nor would it change the situation now. He would have to drop a pretty big bombshell for that to happen.

Skins have put Matt Jones on the trade market, per Rapaport.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Redskins are shopping RB Matt Jones, sources say. Former third-rounder has flashed, but Skins likely add another RB this weekend.

Skins have put Matt Jones on the trade market, per Rapaport.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

The #Redskins are shopping RB Matt Jones, sources say. Former third-rounder has flashed, but Skins likely add another RB this weekend.

Is that the same market that has Cousins going to Cleveland? Or is this the legit trade market.

On a serious note, the way we handled Jones was plain stupid. He's a talented kid. He's so talented that there were at least two possible positives that could've happened. One, we might've been able to coach him up, work out those fumbling issues, and maybe get him running a little less upright. I never sensed a lack of heart, desire, or work ethic in the kid. The 2nd possibility was maintaining his trade value. When you send the guy to Siberia (aka the 'Practice Squad') you are sending the message to every possible trade partner out there that he's either an attitude case, incapable of improving, or lacks NFL level talent. I don't think any of those things were true.

Maybe Gruden felt like he needed to send a message to the team by making an example of Jones - you make mistakes and you will not see the field. I get that, but that's an awfully expensive message, not to mention giving up on a pretty talented back who is still very young.

Not a fan of the way they handled Jones. Most good coaches force players to work through issues, they don't just send them packing. The sum total of our approach with Jones is that he now has little trade value, and we've wasted a draft pick.

Yeah, I did not like how they handled Jones. Playing Kelley was the right move. But putting Jones in the dog house and never letting him see the field seemed odd all year. Perhaps something else went on behind the scenes. Or maybe Gruden was still on a high since it worked the previous year with the former QB. I really don't know, but it didn't seem like Jones nor anyone else in the organization needed to have that message sent the same way.

Jones took it all with class, never to my knowledge complained to the media or griped about it - he never seemed like a head case or attitude problem to me so I guess I felt the approach was heavy-handed and didn't benefit anyone.

I also think he was handled improperly....but admit that I don't know the whole story.

One thing I did see on twitter was a woman that claimed he raped her about three months ago. Didn't see that covered in the media though.

Jones never looked like a long-term starter. He had a good game here and there, and there were quite a few obvious flaws in his game that never went away. If anything we gave him more of an opportunity than his play probably warranted.

Why we didn't draft a RB last year when Morris was obviously not in the plans is beyond me. We got VERY lucky that Kelley turned out to be a fair stopgap player.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.