• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Eagles DT Bennie Logan visiting Skins tonight and Saturday. We bag him and we've had a pretty solid FA guys. All is not lost. Make it happen! Picking up in-division talent is always a plus.

Props to Burgundy Burner who called this one awhile back :cheers:

Really hoping we pick up Logan as well. You team Bennie up with potentially ascending players in McClain and McGee and it really opens things up for you in the opening rounds of the draft to potentially address the LB, Secondary, and RB spots.

When you look at every guy acquired thus far - McClain, McGee, Swearinger, and Pryor, you're talking about guys with upside and youth on their side. They complement our roster nicely, especially when you consider what we have at various positions and where we currently stand as a franchise.

On offense, we have guys in Kelley, Doctson, Crowder and even Reed to an extent that have room for growth and are only hopefully going to get better. Same deal along the offensive line where Long, Moses, Scherff and Williams have shown a lot of promise, but also have the potential to develop further as a unit. If our QB shows interest in staying, ditto for him - he's a guy you could argue is on the rise.

Essentially, I like the approach to acquire players that can potentially make an impact at positions of need in 2017, but also stand the chance of being part of a core that can be part of something more special down the road. In my opinion, it beats sinking big money into signing guys approaching the wrong side of 30, where the potential for regret might arguably be higher.

Call me crazy, but I'm actually comfortable with how asset management has been conducted early on in the Free Agency period by our power hungry, devil of a President who can do absolutely nothing good in the eyes of many fans and the entire media at this point.

Yes on Bennie Logan. He's a player I want badly.

FYI...

Dan Snyder has no desire to trade Cousin Kirk to a team coached by a Shanahan. True story. Over in BBQ, that small time pundit still maintains that KC was never a target to be traded and continues to maintain said stance. He and Chad Ryan would disagree. Lets see who ends up bAlseing right - the Aussie or the small time pundit.

also true is that Kirk will walk next year anyways and go to SF. pretty much guaranteed since we haven't done a deal and we can't afford another tag price.

I still cannot understand the hemming and hawing over giving Kirk a LTD.

The thought of going back into the QB Wilderness makes me physically sick.

When you look at every guy acquired thus far - McClain, McGee, Swearinger, and Pryor, you're talking about guys with upside and youth on their side. They complement our roster nicely, especially when you consider what we have at various positions and where we currently stand as a franchise.

Call me crazy, but I'm actually comfortable with how asset management has been conducted early on in the Free Agency period by our power hungry, devil of a President who can do absolutely nothing good in the eyes of many fans and the entire media at this point.
Yeah, with McLain, and Logan if we land him, it's also doing what the Patriots get fawned over for. Strengthening your own team while simultaneously weakening your division opponents.
And, I agree, the Devil's food cake is baking well thus far.

also true is that Kirk will walk next year anyways and go to SF. pretty much guaranteed since we haven't done a deal and we can't afford another tag price.
Unless the young Shan-Wow can turn Hoyer into an efficient place holder while grooming the next Dak Prescott/Russell Wilson/Joe Montanna/Tom Brady that they could draft this April, and save a gazillion dollars. Or another QB needy team offers him 72 virgins, and more money, during the first couple days of allowed tampering in next years FA period. Automatically assuming #8 will go to the 9er's next year is far from a certainty. No matter how likely it may seem. To bank on it shows signs of brain damage, in anybody contemplating the thought.

It's not the LTD idea. It's the dollar amount of that LTD that has the Redskins, and every other QB needy team in the league, hemming and hawing. Nobody thinks he's worth what he's asking. Well, except he and his agent.

Case in point. Cleveland has a ton of cap space, and a ton of picks to offer, and chose Oswinger.

Micks - the team can transition Kirk after next season which would allow them to match any offer made by another team. I'm pretty sure that, setting aside the team's willingness to match a big offer, that puts them in the driver's seat for the next 2 years. That makes a LTD getting worked out more likely than folks think imho.

Norman will cover them both.
With one hand tied behind his back.
Wearing his shoes on the wrong feet.
Eyes closed.

Case in point. Cleveland has a ton of cap space, and a ton of picks to offer, and chose Oswinger.

The Browns didn't really choose Oswhiler. They purchased a second-round draft choice for 16 of their 100 million dollar cap space.

The Browns didn't really choose Oswhiler. They purchased a second-round draft choice for 16 of their 100 million dollar cap space.

Even worse. They were more willing to spend $16mil on a 50/50 chance of getting a starter, than adding another paltry $8mil for a guaranteed starter.
And, they'd rather have Garapolo.

my theory is that Kirk was always viewed as the "insurance policy" for RGIII. He won the job based more on them wanting to be done with Grif. Now they've given Kirk a try and aren't totally sold. It was just timing that brought all the dynamics together and viola we have a contract controversy.

Micks - the team can transition Kirk after next season which would allow them to match any offer made by another team. I'm pretty sure that, setting aside the team's willingness to match a big offer, that puts them in the driver's seat for the next 2 years. That makes a LTD getting worked out more likely than folks think imho.

Makes sense. I see though they aren't sold on Kirk otherwise they would not mind paying the money on a LTD by now. It doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Makes sense. I see though they aren't sold on Kirk otherwise they would not mind paying the money on a LTD by now. It doesn't pass the smell test to me.

They have until July to increase their offer. Not offering the guy the moon right out of the gate doesn't equal 'we don't sold on you'. If they weren't sold on him, they'd have traded him and gotten good value.

Something I've been thinking about (not directed at you or anyone else here, just a general observation) - we finally start operating like the Patriots, try not to overpay for talent, let aging stars go before they are done, and Redskins fans just freak the **** out. That's just the truth.

Ummm how is that true. With him signing the tender, we have more then enough time to hash out a long term deal, which is all the man wants. So, you know for fact that he will turn down anything we offer no matter what ?

Not offering the guy the moon right out of the gate doesn't equal 'we don't sold on you'.

True, and it's a shame many people don't see this, and interpret it wrongly. I mean, I'm no expert on this, but it seems like Negotiating 101. Neither side is wise to jump on the first offer, or early offer, but stretch it out as long as you can, to get the deal most favorable to your side of it.

Mark Schlereth makes the call "Gentlemen, start your engines!" at the start of Indy of St Petersburg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 2, Guests: 3)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.