• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Just curious for the more knowledgable of you...with the loss of Garcon and Jackson, what sort of compensation should we expect from the league via draft picks? Neither player was drafted high, but both have been more than solid players in the NFL.

I would expect at least a 5th, maybe a 4th for Garcon.

I would think a 3rd, at least a 4th for Jackson.

What did we get for Orakpo, though? Nothing if memory serves.
I'm not positive, but I think they basically compare what FA's you lost vs what you gained, and come up with a decision based off that. BB would know the equation.

Found this site:

http://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

Which has this bit:
Determining Adjusted APY
The first phase necessary to execute these cancellations are to value each UFA that changed teams. OTC’s program does this by using the following steps:

Start with the actual APY of the contract signed.
Subtract from the actual APY any money that the compensatory formula does not count. It has been determined that workout bonuses, incentives, and salary escalators are the most common money figures that the compensatory formula does not count.
Adjust the APY by applying a coefficient based upon the percentage of offensive or defensive snaps the player took in his first year under the contract. OTC’s current adjustment uses 45% of the snaps as a base (a percentage that has been observed to be important for playing time for NFL contracts in general), in which a player who plays this amount will see no change, and for most players the adjustment will range to -9% (at 0% of the snaps) to +9% (at 90% of the snaps). For players who played more than 90% of the snaps, this playing time adjustment will get a 50% bonus, meaning that the maximum increase possible (for someone who played 100% of the snaps) is 16.5%.
Apply a positive coefficient to each UFA that obtained postseason honors. Currently, there is not enough data for OTC to reliably apply the coefficient. However, it is believed that postseason honors adjustments are smaller than playing time adjustments, and there are typically very few relevant CFAs that obtain them to begin with. It is believed that the postseason honors used in the compensatory formula are the ones explicitly listed in the CBA. These honors are Pro Bowl, All-NFL (First and Second Team), All-Conference (First and Second Team), Super Bowl MVP, NFL MVP, Offensive Player of the Year (NFL or Conference), Defensive Player of the Year (NFL or Conference), and Player of the Year (NFL or Conference).

Clear as mud? :D

Chick Hernandez‏@CHICKatCSN
Source close to the Cousins camp tells me as long as Bruce Allen is team president , he will NOT negotiate a long term deal.

Rob Sievers‏@SportsEsquire
With anyone, or just in this instance?
@SportsEsquire I'm not sure how much clearer I can be

Ok, so if Kirk plays under tag this year and walks away next year, what would we get in form of comp pick? Anything?

Okay, it's time for Bruce to go. No President, no anything. Just get away from the franchise.

Source close to the Cousins camp tells me as long as Bruce Allen is team president , he will NOT negotiate a long term deal.

Rob Sievers‏@SportsEsquire
With anyone, or just in this instance?
@SportsEsquire I'm not sure how much clearer I can be
Here we go ...

Sigh. If that Chick tweet is correct, there truly is no hope for Kirk being here long term.

Unless it's said by Cousins, his agent, or the Redskins, then it's all just posturing. If Cousins comes out and says it, then I'll be concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirk wasn't going to get a long term deal next year either. He has no higher value than today so trade him. You don't rebuild around a rental QB. Without having his two 1000 yd receivers, he wasn't going to have another career year in WashDC.

We are officially in rebuild mode from the staff to the players. Top 5 pick next year.

1. Kirk won't do LTD if Allen is here

2. Snyder doesn't want Kirk to reunite with Shanahan

3. Kirk can walk free and clear next year

So, who will blink first? This will be interesting to watch to see how plays out. This is better than any soap opera.

Believe what you want to believe.

mike freeman‏@mikefreemanNFL
All I can tell you is people in front offices around NFL are strongly defending McCloughan to me. They are absolutely shredding Washington.

Unless it's said by Cousins, his agent, or the Redskins, then it's all just posturing. If Cousins comes out and says it, then I'll be concerned.

We all know that will never happen. If it does, Kirk will have written his way out of town. You can't say THAT and expect anything other than a trade.

Ok, so if Kirk plays under tag this year and walks away next year, what would we get in form of comp pick? Anything?

Depends what Kirk gets for a deal, how he does that year, and who we sign, for what money, and what they do that year. There is no way to figure out what you get in comp picks until after the season is over in which you did not have the player.

In the end, you usually do not WANT to get comp picks. It means you lost a player that did well and didn't have a good replacement.

From WalterFootball:

There's been a major backlash from the Scot McCloughan firing - click the link for a grade - though sources told me that there's definitely legitimacy to it. Still, the Redskins have handled it poorly, and now Cousins is demanding for someone to lose his job. It's not a good look for Cousins, and so the Redskins should think about just trading him to the 49ers right now. -Walter

Oh, and Terrelle Pryor simply used the Redskins to drive his price up. Elite players signing here may not happen in 2017 FA.

Once the Bruce is relieved from duties I know a good spot in the basement of the HQ he can start work at. Even have his personal assistant in mind.

IMG_2887.JPG

We all know that will never happen. If it does, Kirk will have written his way out of town. You can't say THAT and expect anything other than a trade.

And that's my point. If he truly wants out, he will say so. The reason he won't, is because there is a part of him that wants to stay. Now, his desire to stay could be getting less and less each day, but he knows that the sure way out is to say it publicly.

San Fran yesterday: We'll give you our 1st for Cousins.

San Fran now: One Capri Sun--flavor to be named later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.