• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Luck vs. RGIII?

Which QB do you WANT under center in 2012?

• Andrew Luck

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Robert Griffin III

Votes: 37 90.2%

• Total voters
You guys have been watching too many 'X-Files' reruns. If you want to prognosticate about something wild, come up with something far more plausible - like some mystery team offering every pick in the next 3 drafts to move up to #1 :)

Mike Ditka has been hired as GM of the Browns?

I would be surprised if Indy doesn't take Luck. Wonder what we would do if Irsay has a brain fart and doesn't get his pick in on time. Who would we quickly select?

Actually, I could see Indy pulling something like this on purpose - put the impetus on us to make the choice.

I don't see either of these being possible in any way, shape, or form.
What would that say about their front office's competency, if they essentially swapped out of the 1st overall selection with us, with no compensation whatsoever ?

This thread was worthless without pics.

signs-tinfoil.jpg

I remember that moment when a team missed its draft selection and didn't get it in until several picks later. Pretty sure it was the Vikings.

Well, last year the Ravens thought they had a deal in place with Chicago and while waiting on a reply from that team, their time expired. They ended up drafting Smith, but the Bears were able to secure the pick they wanted too.

Indy would brutalize RG3

If Isray picks RG3, Indianapolis fans would brutalize RG3 and would not give him any slack at all. RG3 would have to make a lot of diamonds with that kind of fan pressure.

Wow, a half hour of Griffin on ESPN last night and no one is talking about it in this thread? I'm stunned.

Line of the show - "What do you call this formation? I call it The Sniffer." - Gruden

Here is a link to the whole show in case you missed it. Impressive young man.

http://www.youtube.com/v/N-_DYkYkidA

Last edited:
I do not care which we get

I am just happy we will have a legitimate QB who take the rest of their shoulders and win us games consistently.

When was the last time we could say opposing teams feared our QB or even respected his ability

The reason there may not be much reaction to the Gruden show is because so much has already been said. Luck and Griffin both have so much potential. They will be an asset to both the Colts and the Redskins. The Redskins are definitely sitting in the catbird seat. They can't lose on this one.

Due to a lack of fan support for RG3 in the Indy area and due to what I think is an absolutely horrific OL, I truly hope that I will be a Redskin fan next year as RG3 leads the way for the Redskins.

From 2 days ago, but still worth the look:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...if-colts-draft-rg3-theyll-regret-it-for-years

....So what will the Colts do? CBSSports.com's Clark Judge thinks it's an easy decision.

"I'm not saying passing on Luck might not happen. I'm saying it won't ... and for one reason: There is no decision to make. Andrew Luck is the best quarterback in this draft; Robert Griffin III is second. … This one's a no-brainer, and Irsay knows it -- even though he said what he said this week. But he also said he wasn't sure what he would do with Peyton Manning when it was clear where he and the Colts were going. That's not a knock on Irsay; it's just who he is, and he's someone who likes an audience."

The alternate viewpoint, via @evansilva:

Luck's stock is far more "hype" driven than RG3's. RG3 has superior tape & talent. We were told to accept Luck as #1 on intangible factors.

Except, then, RG3 outplayed Luck. Beat him for Heisman, 1st-tm All America while showing physical tools that translate fantastically to NFL.

So many deny reality that RG3 is superior, largely bc it is hard to admit they were wrong for so long. #Redskins know truth, will benefit.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you that the Redskins and Colts will meet in the 3rd preseason game this year! FLABBERGASTED!!

A new rivalry will be born with that preseason game.

Indy fans have a new campiagn underway - calling our future QB "RGLeaf". Bring it on Indy! Your owner and his daddy couldn't deal with the direct competition from our fanbase and moved the team to the "Northern Armpit Capital Of America" - Indianapolis.

I really like what RGIII said with Gruden about the whole rivalry thing with Luck..."Like I have always said, I don't play against quarterbacks, I play against defenses."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.