• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Talking Bigfoot

Yes, dogs do get hit by cars all the time, mainly stray or lost house pets. I've seen many dogs that will avoid the road when cars are coming. People get hit by cars every day too. Again, take a creature with a stealthy nature, that has the intellect of a higher primate. It's easy to stay just off the road till the coast is clear to cross.

So you admit people get hit by cars all the time, yet these creatures are too strealthy. Are you saying Sasquatch is smarter than humans ?

Sure many murdered bodies are recovered, but how many people go missing every day that are never found. I'd venture a guess it a far greater number.

Of course many remains are never found. But instead of focusing on what is NOT found, focus on the many amazing ones that ARE found, and apply those similar odds to finding a dead Sasquatch, and you would think that at least ONE would be found by now.

Boone makes an outstanding point. Many people want to believe in some things so deeply, they see things that my not be there. On the other side of the coin, most people do not believe, and there for not receptive to things that may happen, discounting them as the mind playing tricks on them.

I am certainly open-minded to believing in them, and have not pre-made up my mind. I just don't see any convincing evidence they exist. And far more reasons that they don't exist, than they do.

The recording of ghostly voices are captured with the use of a "white noise" filter.

1015153.gif

So you admit people get hit by cars all the time, yet these creatures are too strealthy. Are you saying Sasquatch is smarter than humans ?

No, not my intent. People get hit because there not paying attention, or miss judge the speed of an oncoming vehicle. You will find far fewer people getting hit in rural areas. If you look at the areas the spotting are reported, there low traffic areas to begin with, with even less traffic at night, and we're dealing with an animal said to be primarily nocturnal. A dog could cross a rural road a thousand times without ever being seen, and we're said to be dealing with an animal with a far higher intelligence.

Of course many remains are never found. But instead of focusing on what is NOT found, focus on the many amazing ones that ARE found, and apply those similar odds to finding a dead Sasquatch, and you would think that at least ONE would be found by now.

Focusing on the bodies found is not a good comparison. Yes, it's amazing that some are in fact found. Often, there's a tip from somebody, and very often there are teams searching for a body with all means possible. Sometimes, as you said, a hiker happens upon the remains, which is pure luck. Have you heard of teams searching with cadaver dogs, or lines of people walking 3 feet apart through the vast wilderness in search of Bigfoot remains?. Nature has also shown us that many animals got to seclusion when they know it's their time. There's also been some speculation that the animal is somewhat nomadic or migratory.

I am certainly open-minded to believing in them, and have not pre-made up my mind. I just don't see any convincing evidence they exist. And far more reasons that they don't exist, than they do.

Like I said... I don't clam to know they exist, but strongly believe they do. If an intelligent man, who's hunted in the glades for many years can get lost, and not be found for 5 days, and finally found within 150 yards off alligator ally, which is 6 lanes of highly traveled highway, then animal that doesn't want contact can easily hide. They say every legend is based in some fact somewhere down the road. Look at Native American tribes, and you'll find stories that are generations old about these other human like creatures that coexist on the same lands.

You say there are far more reason to support they don't exist, but in reality, the only one's you give are the lack of remains, or one not being struck by an vehicle. That two hour special had some pretty good scientific study of the old film. Because it's film being looked at, it's always easily debunked no matter how good the science is because film isn't physical evidence. If you were a zoologist, and wanted to make a living, you would go mainstream, not Bigfoot research, so until remains, or an animal is captured, it will always be disputed.

1015153.gif

I'm no racist... I hate everybody equally :)

For the record Pete - wasn't implying you didn't experience what you described. There's not a more 'stand up guy' out there than you. I do think our memory can play tricks with us - I've experienced that myself. But I also believe things happen that we can't explain. I think I mentioned awhile ago that I came home one night - my daughter was intensely focused over a notebook. When I asked her what she was so focused on, she said she was completing a college essay that asked what the applicants favorite word was.

I said 'renaissance'. She went pale and just stared at me. That was the word she had selected. I doubt we've ever even uttered the word to one another during her lifetime. It just popped into my head.

There are 1000 ways you might explain that experience away. But for me - I know that I'm just tuned into my daughter in a way I can't explain and that the knowledge that one word out of countless ones came to me from some other sense that there's not a name for.

So I not only get that there may be things going on all the time we don't try to explain, and can't explain - I believe it.

There are times when things happen and we are left dumbfounded, stunned, confused, and probably scared. The frustrating part is never being able to define it or find an explanation/answer/solution. It's just something we accept with ongoing questions in our minds.

My startling experience happened about two years ago. It was late in the evening and it was time to call it a day. I drifted to that state of almost being asleep. Suddenly, someone out of nowhere was beside me and pushing me out of bed. I turned the light on and was standing in an instant. No one was there. No one.

I could honestly feel someone pushing me out of that bed. It was scary and there was no way that sleep was happening that night. I can't explain what happened, but there is still no doubt in my mind that it was very real. The memory is still vivid and I have no way of proving that it was real.

Things occur and there is no way that I will look at someone and say they are wrong about what he or she has experienced.

Wow BB - you sure it wasn't a dream, since you were so close to being asleep ?
I've had that happen to me quite a bit, where something like that happened to me, and it seemed real, but realized it was actually a dream.

There was no dream. It just happened. I'll never be able to explain it in a way that does it justice. My mind tells me that it was just a trick that my body was doing to itself - something like a dream. My heart tells me that it was very real.

For the record Pete - wasn't implying you didn't experience what you described.

Sorry if I sounded as if I took it that way brother, I didn't.

Being that I agreed with your post about some people wanting to believe so badly that they see things that aren't there. I was just expressing the fact that I wasn't a believer, or even aware of such things at the time.

I remember as a 12 year old, there were stories of ghosts that roamed the tunnels of the abandoned WWI Camp Blue Field. It was pretty common for kids to run around the place. From middle school till after high school, I never saw anything, but I do know what people were seeing.

0000001149_thumb.jpg

This pic is looking out of the main range tunnel. The tunnel was a few hundred yards long, and there were angled openings for light that wouldn't let stray rounds in. When entering the tunnel, you have the succession of slits of light. That alone can play tricks on the eyes at 100 yards or so. If people were not making noise while walking, you might hear some muffled noises, and see a figure that didn't appear to be solid because of the way the light came in through the firing ports. I realized this on a windy day with mixed sun and clouds. You want to talk about mind blowing lighting effects, in a cold, damp, foreboding place. Very easy for the mind to play tricks on a person in those conditions.

God, I loved that place...
2680082419_390acdeabb_m.jpg
0000001148.jpg
0000001145.jpg

Tonight's show is exposing these whole Bigfoot enthusiasts as a joke.
They show a video from 15 years ago of primate swinging in a tree about 200 yards away in the darkness, and the figure is nothing but a faded, shady, frail movement. Yet all the the "BF searchers" immediately jump to the conclusion that "this is a baby sasquatch" swinging in the tree. With virtually no evidence, they insist emphatically it's a baby bigfoot, and hardly consider the probability that it's some other primate.
Another thing - don't primates who swing on trees typically swing on them their whole life ? Yet there's no "history" of adult BF's swinging from trees.
That's the problem with this show - at the slightest bit of suggested evidence, they IMMEDIATELY conclude it's a bigfoot. No research, no mulling over the evidence, no puzzling together the evidence - but AS SOON as they hear ANY sound "THAT IS DEFINITELY A SASQUATCH SOUND !!!!" :rolleyes2:

If they hear leaves rustle in the night - - - "THAT'S A SASQUATCH"
Leaves rustling, of course, is indisputable Sasquatch evidence !!!

Last edited:
Forgive my 51-year-old bluntness, but as Boone touched on ... as a young species we so desperately WANT to believe in the unseen, the mystical, the magical. Much like individual children do in the context of a single human lifetime (Santa, pick up the white courtesy phone), as a species vast numbers of us still do our entire lives.

We've even created clever word plays to justify the desire, like "absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence."

Which is why Big Foot, Nessie, the Chupacabra, ghosts, goblins, fairies, witches, warlocks, sex-starved aliens and ... dare I say it, God ... exist. We can't prove they aren't real, so they live on. They are vesitigial---remnants of the social and intellectual development arc of our species.

I think.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. - Carl Sagan

Last edited:
You bring up deer, bears, etc., but the reason those are seen all the time is for two reasons. First, there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of the animals you listed. I have never heard a figure for sasquatch of more than 100. Secondly, the animals you listed are always actively wandering into populated areas, rather than avoiding them at all cost.

I just wanted to touch on this point. Only 100 in the entire US? How do they find each other to breed? When they do, with such a limited population there must surely be some inbreeding issues.

It was airing on Animal Planet as I made that post. So, whichever show aired last night, between 9 and 10pm, assuming my posting time is Eastern.

Thanks, I'll try to catch the rerun. Been too busy to keep up with the new scheduled shows.

Okay, if this creature isn't actually a hoax, and these "searchers" on the show really believe in them, do you really believe they would go out on these treks at night, alone, unarmed, searching the places most likely to run into a Bigfoot, which is supposed to be one of the biggest, most aggressive, most feared creatures in the country ? All with the hope and the intention of a direct confrontation with it - and not just merely finding evidence ? Doesn't make sense. They show no fear of the animal, because they know it doesn't exist. They just do this "for the show"

Last edited:
And the worst part fear...people are watching it. :laugh:

Sasquatches exist, you guys: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j39qWfynuZY&feature=related[/media]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.