• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MMA: UFC, Strikeforce, etc.

I have to be honest. I just don't enjoy watching guys under 150 pds fight anymore.

I appreciate the athleticism, but I at least want the possibility of a KO.

Can you really call a guy GOAT, if he's been pegged for PED's ?

I was never a fan of his, but there is no denying his greatness. GOAT? You may be right, but Silva is more talented than anyone else I have ever seen in the Octagon.

Gracie?
St Pierre was great.
Matt Hughes was great.
Randy Couture was great.
When I first started watching MMA there were a handful of greats at 205.

Not one of them was a talented as Silva. But I get your point.

Edit: Speaking of talent...what Lesnar lacks in overall MMA talent, he makes up for in sheer power.

Last edited:
Well, I have to say I thought Nate Diaz won that fight. MacGregor won the first 7 minutes of the fight, but DIaz took over with 3 minutes left in round 2 to take that round. He clearly won round 3. I will go so far as to give round 4 to Connor, although it was close and DIaz kept the pressure on. But in a close round DIazx cemented it with the takedown at the end of the 5th to win 48-47. I could see 47-47 if the judge that scored it that way gave Connor the 1st round 10-8, but I do not see Connor winning 3 of the 5 rounds. He was running from Diaz, literally running from him in rounds 2, 3 and 5.

Should have known a close fight would go to Connor so they could sell the rubber match for UFC 207 on December 30th.

That was absurd.

Diaz won that fight.

The judge that scored it 47-47, actually gave the 10-8 round to Diaz, and in the 3rd.

That is surprising, but I could see it...Connor was literally running away from the fight. That means all 3 judges gave the 2nd round to Connor, not sure I agree, but it sells a 3rd matchup.

I guess Jacare Souza will quit bitching about getting a title fight after getting destroyed.

Jds kicked the living s*** out of his left leg but stipe has just dominant strikes with his hands, good grief he just throws bombs.

I'm definitely 'interested'. Interested enough to pony up for Pay-Per-View? No. But interested. Suspect Floyd will do what he's done his whole career. Avoid going toe to toe and make Conor look slow and unskilled. Even at this point in his career, Floyd is still a helluva boxer. If it's even respectable I'll be shocked.

I'm definitely 'interested'. Interested enough to pony up for Pay-Per-View?

That's the big irony of this fight.
99% of people calling this matchup ridiculous, a cash-grab, and a circus.
Yet deep down inside, you know they all want to see it, lol
Bet most people will compromise and opt for the sports bar on this one.

Last edited:
Nothing like watching a loud mouthed jerk, who will research your family to talk trash, get his ass whooped so thoroughly as Connor MacGregor did last night. The UFC unleashed MacGregor to put his show on, he attacked a Muslim's religion, what did the expect would happen when the fighters were left to go after it?

If Dana White is serious about regaining any integrity the UFC may have ever possessed, he will not give MacGregor the rematch, he will not suspend Khabib, and he will give Ferguson the opportunity to win the title outright. At worst, make MacGregor fight Tony Ferguson for the interim title while Khabib is suspended for a year.

But...just like after MacGregor attacked that bus and did not get repercussions, he will give the undeserving fighter a rematch to fight the guy who attacked people in the crowd because it's all about the draw, the money.

Dana White is the new Don King.

El, I disagree, words are words, Khabib's antics aren't excusable regardless of explanation, I watched this with some friends at my house and they are not big mma people like I am and Khabib and his teams bs probably turned them off from watching again. Dana has no choice but to suspend and strip Khabib otherwise they'll be repeats of this kind of garbage in the future.

El, I disagree, words are words, Khabib's antics aren't excusable regardless of explanation, I watched this with some friends at my house and they are not big mma people like I am and Khabib and his teams bs probably turned them off from watching again. Dana has no choice but to suspend and strip Khabib otherwise they'll be repeats of this kind of garbage in the future.

You think Khabib's antic are worse than MacGregor's with that bus?

Nonsense.

And White is complicit. He was at the courthouse with MacGregor during his proceedings, as soon as they left...they signed McGregor to a 3 million dollar fight with Nurmagomedov after the dude attacked a bus. What kind of message does this send?

It was all about the money, then over the course of the next 7 weeks, White unleashed MacGregor on a tirade attacking Nurmagomedov, his friends, his business associates, his brother and his father. It's MacGregor's m/o. He learns all he can about his opponent and talks shit until the fighter's get their heads filled with rage, to take advantage of their temper. He beat Aldo that way, and Eddy Alvarez the same way. They have allowed MacGregor to bring the theatrics to the UFC for years, and this time his theatrics backfired after the fight.

White under estimated the backlash of MacGregor's attacks against a muslim man, his family, his friends, and ultimately his religion. The loud mouth got beat, then White and the UFC got what they deserved for putting the powder keg and the flame in the same room.

I'm done with the UFC. Dana White is exactly like Don King, and the whole Meriweather v MacGregor, MMA, boxing show, put the corruption of boxing on display for White to learn and implement in the UFC. Since that bout, the UFC has gone over the top. A good friend of mine stopped watching about 5 years ago, he warned me what was happening, but I ignored it. There is no ignoring it now. This circus is what White wants.

You can blame Nurmagemedov all you want, but White lit that flame...just like Jerry Springer would on his show.

I'm not defending Connor's actions with the bus incident but I am stating that regardless you can't excuse Khabib's behavior. Was it a powder keg waiting to explode, sure, Khabib did his work in the ring, he should've left it that way. I don't give two f**** about he was insulted, too bad, he beat Connor up, take pride in that and move on, if we believe that words should cause a guy to jump into the crowd potentially starting a melee that's just absurd.

I'm not defending Connor's actions with the bus incident but I am stating that regardless you can't excuse Khabib's behavior. Was it a powder keg waiting to explode, sure, Khabib did his work in the ring, he should've left it that way. I don't give two f**** about he was insulted, too bad, he beat Connor up, take pride in that and move on, if we believe that words should cause a guy to jump into the crowd potentially starting a melee that's just absurd.

Look, I agree that words should not matter...but Dana White should be aware that he is dealing with a proud Muslim. By going after Khabib and his team for being Muslim, McGregor assured there would be a reaction...it's that simple. I'm not defending the actions after the fight...I am asserting that this was all caused by Dana White's lack of situational awareness or his blatant disregard for the consequences of McGregor's words...whether you think words matter or not, Muslims will defend their religion however they feel is necessary.

White was complicit in this, making it a big Jerry Springer moment. It doesn't matter if you think words shouldn't matter, they did, and do. It's a tactic McGregor has employed in many of his victories. Khabib took care of business in the ring, and tried to do so after the fight. Words did matter, however wrong he was for his actions once McGregor was nearly put to sleep.

Had I been Khabib, I wouldn't have gone after anyone outside the ring...I would have stayed on top on McGregor, taunting the shit out of him.

Dana obviously knew there was going to be some riff raff surrounding this, I doubt he felt Khabib would lose his marbles and go all Ron Artest in the stands. There's always going to be hype like this in the fight game, it's been going on forever, if only the guys who carried themselves as gentlemen were in the fight game , quite frankly it'd be a bit boring. On a side note, I've watched Derrick Lewis post fight interview 100x, that guy was great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.