• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Mobile

Okay Goal, lemme take another crack at it. Appreciate if you'll keep an eye on this thread and continue to give me feedback until we fix it.

Yep, I can do that, just let me know when you have it the way you want it.

Try it now. Might want to clear cookies/temp files before you do just to make sure that you're not seeing a 'cached' view?

Btw - if anyone is using the iPhone, let me know. I can turn off the mobile skin if the normal iphone view is more desirable - I'd just need someone to give me feedback on which option is better.

I dunno Boone, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Still showing up as the mobile version. I have no idea how to clear cookies and whatnot in Safari, so I opened up the Bing browser and am still getting the mobile version. I am looking for different views like i get on my desktop, but don't see any options anywhere.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

EDIT: I was able to figure out how to clear the cache, history and cookies on the ipad, but still doing it.

Last edited:
Okay...likely not you, it's just that the ipad 'exclusion' isn't working. I've messaged the modification creator and we'll see if he can help. Stay tuned.

Btw...when you say 'mobile skin' - you're talking about the beige/burgundy bare-bones menu right?

Yep, same thing I see on my phone when I log in.

I'll keep checking for updates, or shoot me a pm if you want when you get something from them.

I had the ipad and iphone on the 'exceptions list', but didn't have the option to exclude from that list turned on. I've just done that. So what should happen is, iphone and ipad users should see the regular site view, not the bare bones one. We'll see if that's what happens....

Burl - should be fixed now. Hope that makes for a better browsing experience for Ipad and Iphone users. Lemme know.

Bare bones view. Can only see the forums in a straight line. Can't access anything else.

Any way to make this fair for all or just i"stuff" users?

BB - can you explain what you're talking about? What device are you using and are you seeing the mobile skin (if so, is that your preference or are you wanting your device 'excluded' also)?

I don't want to be excluded. On a Nokia N900.

It's just a very basic straight line formation list of the forums. Can't see anything else like other links, emoticons, etc. No link to PM service or user panel. It's just a very basic link to each forum and nothing more.

The mobile skin doesn't include those things by design because most phones the modification was designed for can't handle sophisticated layouts and complex page loading. Iphones would be an exception.

If anyone has a phone type (other than the iphone) on which they would rather get the standard BGO look and not the simplified mobile skin, let me know and I can try and exclude your phone.

Not a matter of preference at all - it's a simple setting change and I'll be glad to try and exclude your Nokia...just not sure if my efforts will be successful. Gonna look at it right now.

Like I said, all is ok with the change. I have the basics and that is fine.

Ah, back to normal. If it has a negative impact on others, just change it back. I don't use the mobile any more than once a week, so it is not a big deal.

Looks great for me on the iPad! I can see the normal site, good stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.