• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Wife made a mean meatloaf with sides of green beans and mac/cheese. Simple is good sometimes.

Sausage meatballs

1 lb Italian sausage (2 parts spicy, 1 part mild)
chopped up kale
crumbled goat cheese
panko bread crumbs
1 egg

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
Serve with tomato sauce over rice.

Bomb.

Sausage meatballs

1 lb Italian sausage (2 parts spicy, 1 part mild)
chopped up kale
crumbled goat cheese
panko bread crumbs
1 egg

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
Serve with tomato sauce over rice.

Bomb.

Are you tailgating at tonight's game with these? ;)

A BIG POT OF CHILI
AND HOT DOGS TO MAKE CHILI DOGS
AND CRACKERS AND CHIPS
AND BEER AND VODKA AND CIGARS
AND LIKE 10 OTHER PEOPLE WILL BE WITH ME
AND FOR DESERT I'M GOING TO WATCH THE REDSKINS KICK THE GIANTS ASS IN PERSON

Tonight it was chicken leg quarters, sweet peas, salad, and diet birch beer.

Never done this dish before, although always enjoyed it as a kid. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls on deck tonight. Pics and review to follow :)

Home made French Onion Soup. We might make this meal a tradition for NYE (although it is already something of a tradition for the weekend after Thanksgiving).

Never done this dish before, although always enjoyed it as a kid. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls on deck tonight. Pics and review to follow :)

Still waiting for pics and recipe, btw. This sounds delightful.

Home made French Onion Soup. We might make this meal a tradition for NYE (although it is already something of a tradition for the weekend after Thanksgiving).

Can you either post the recipe or PM me with it? My wife LOVES french onion soup, but we've never been able to get it right. Would love a good recipe.

Can you either post the recipe or PM me with it? My wife LOVES french onion soup, but we've never been able to get it right. Would love a good recipe.

I'll see about the recipe, Goal, but I can tell you that a big key is the cheese you put on top. We use a cave aged (and yes, that part is important) Gruyere and nothing else comes close to making this meal work as well.

I'll see about the recipe, Goal, but I can tell you that a big key is the cheese you put on top. We use a cave aged (and yes, that part is important) Gruyere and nothing else comes close to making this meal work as well.

Oh, believe me when I tell you that cheese won't be a problem. My wife is a connoisseur of cheese. We just have never been able to get the soup part right.

Still waiting for pics and recipe, btw. This sounds delightful.

Recipe got too fancy if you ask for me. Lots of fresh thyme (which I found a little overwhelming - a little thyme goes a long way) and raisins in the sauce (which I thought made it much too sweet). Still pretty good, but I would significantly alter the recipe next time. Plus side was, very easy to make.

Have some elk tenderloins in my freezer, so doing an elk stew today, crockpot style. Yeah - I said crockpot :)

Pretty simple recipe. Oiled up my chunked up elk tenderloin with some olive oil and rolled the meat in some Lipton onion soup mix and some Accent. Cut up cabbage, onion, red potatoes, celery, onion, and carrots and put it all in the pot. Topped with a Dr. Pepper and a can of mushroom soup with a couple dabs of butter. Will cook on high for 2 hours, then low heat for another 4.

Got this recipe off a hunting website (if you want to find great meat recipes, THAT's the place to look). I'm betting this will be very nice. We'll see :)

I'll be eating leftovers from last night's gathering - should last another three days or so. Sandwich wraps, meatball sandwiches, fruit tray, vegetable tray, and about half a dozen burgers. Got half a cake too - known as "better than sex cake".

Unless the cake is actually incorporated into the sex, I have to raise the :bsflag: on that one :)

:) Btw, that cake recipe was clearly named by a woman...

Just sayin'

I knew it would bring some comments - but that is what it is called. Dang good cake too. And the rest is a given. :)

Wait till you try my 'Better than Sex Elk Stew'....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.